Status: Abonează-te şi în comentariu va rog! ( comment and subscribe please!)

Frumos Dezordine (Beautiful Disarray)

Demani

I watched her walk away, and then sighed. She was being trickier than I thought she would be. Most girls I said a few sweet words, most of the time not even in my native tongue, and they were ready for a toss in the hay. I had a feeling she wasn’t going to be like that though.

“Maybe you wont have to be careful with her after all. Seems like she can defend herself pretty well.” Demetri said. I shot him a look. “ shut up. I’m still going to get her. Promise.”

“ I know. And I told her this.” I growled.

“ You told her I was trying to get her into my bed?”

“Not exactly in those words, but yes.” I groaned. “ And you wonder why she’s defending herself ‘pretty well’.” I said. He laughed. “ She’s always like this, though. Even with Gohn.” I rolled my eyes. Gohn was someone else who was renting at his mom’s house. And he’s Gay.

“Really. Good to know.”

“Talking about someone while there in your presence is bad. Talking about someone who you think ISN”T in your presence is worse.” Someone said behind us, making us both jump. I turned to see Disarray with a bunch of drinks. She refilled everyone’s, not saying anything else.

“Sorry.” I murmured when she filled mine. To my surprise, she grinned.

“For what?” I shook my head, grinning too. As soon as she left I turned to Demetri.

“ I’ve drunk tonight. Would you like to be my sober driver? Maybe I could crash at your moms house.” He laughed.

“Get in the car, Disarray. Mom wants me to give you a ride home. “ She hesitated, her jacket thrown across her arm, then sighed, sliding into the back of the car with me. I never finished my second beer, and Mattie was sitting in the front. She pulled her seatbelt on, and I laughed.

“What?” she asked, confused.

“You’re a goody two shoes, aren’t you?”

“No, I just happen to know a lot of the cops around here don’t take no seat belts lightly.” I frowned. She was right. I put mine on too. She laughed quietly.

“She’s always right in an argument, just so you know. She doesn’t get into them unless she knows she’s going to win.”

“Really now. Interesting.” She shrugged, looking out the window. I watched her thoughtfully, until she glanced at me.

“What?” she asked, a confused tone in her voice.

“ You’re really quite beautiful. How? The first time I saw you I thought-“ I cut off abruptly, but she just rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, I seem to grow on people like that.” She said sarcastically.
It was true, though. Nothing had changed, yet everything had. She’d been going in and out of my sight all night, and I’ll be al naibii, damned, but every time I saw her again she just looked even prettier.

“I was serious.”

“And so was I.”

“No you weren’t.” she stayed quiet. I frowned, and then grinned. “ So, wait, I was right? You weren’t serious.” She gave me a weird look. “ What gave you that Idea?”

“You didn’t argue back.” Demetri and me said at the same time. Sometimes us doing that was scary. We’d been doing it since first grade though, so it was hard to stop.

“True.” She said in a conceding tone. I chuckled slightly. “You’re fun to be around, did you know that, Des?”

“Disarray.”

“ I can’t call you Des?”

“No, you can’t.” I feigned a sigh. “ And why not?”

“Because you’re a jerk.” She said simply, causing Demetri to bust a gut while laughing.

“Ok, how am I a jerk?” I asked through clenched teeth. She threw me a soft smile that automatically made me wonder why I had been so mad.

“ Don’t take it personally, Demani. Anyone who stares at my ass as I work is an Jerk.”

“Oh, ok. Hey, wait! How did you know I was the one doing it? Everyone else was too.” She laughed.

“ I have a talent for picking out the people who will want to touch more than look though, and you, Darren, and Will are definitely one of them.” Demetri laughed again.

“She’s got you guys pinned out pretty good doesn’t she?” I gave her a long look, and her eyes where a brilliant green when she was suddenly looking at me again.

“OF course, I can also tell the kind of people who would be fun to hang out with, and It seems like all of you fall into that category, too. Oh, and Demy?” she looked towards the rearview mirror. Demetri, who never let someone give him a nickname in his life, just grinned and said “Yeah?”

” I found that mistake in your accounting. You paid for two shipments of new plates and silverware when you only ordered one. I sent a complaint to the company last night and they sent me an email saying they’d send the left over money plus interest for the confusion.” He sighed, relaxing into the seat.

“Thanks so much. You’d make an amazing assistant.” He said, glancing at me. I grimaced. He knew that since Gina left I’d been looking for one.

“You know, she could run things pretty good. And she’s a good peacemaker. And-“

“Ok, Demetri! Fine!” I turned to look at Disarray, who was confused.

“ I’m looking for an assistant. Would you want to be mine?”

“Personal or just in general?” she asked instantly, and I knew she’d done this job before. I studied her a moment.

“Personal. Ish. Sometimes you might have to take care of the business stuff. “ She sighed, then grinned suddenly.

“But you told Gemini, and I quote ‘ I wasn’t going to offer her a job.’ End quote, in reference to me.” I grimaced. I’d been joking, but she was right.

“ a Modeling job. You’d be behind the scenes if you where my assistant.” She snorted, a noise I wasn’t expecting. “ Gee, thanks for the confidence boost.” I felt my face go white.

“ I-I- didn’t mean it like that!” she smirked as Demetri laughed.

“She’s messing with you, dude. Calm down.” I scowled at her. “ So, yes or no?”

“ I’m gonna have to say the ‘or’ in that sentence for right now.” She said, grinning. I studied her a moment.

“I’d pay you 30,000 a month.” Which was weird, because I only paid my models 38,000 a month. It was like the air was sucked out of the car. She froze, and, as the words registered, Demetri pulled over to twist in the seat.
“Disarray, you-“

”Don’t.”

“But-“

“I know. Shut up.” She sighed, looking out her window again. I gave Demetri a confused look. He sighed. “ Her little brother, well, he’s 19, but he wants to go to college, and she’s the only one who said she’d help him pay. Her older brother, who’s a-“ she kicked the back of his seat, and he grinned. “ What? You don’t want him to know you’re qualified for the job? You know Hemi Franctins, right? Meet his little sister. He refuses to pay for his little brother’s college because he wants to go to be a lawyer instead of a model.” I gaped.

“Hemi. Franctins.” I finally said. She groaned.

”This is why I dislike people knowing my family, Demetri.” He shrugged. I shook my head. “ The offer still stands. If you say yes you can start tomorrow.” She sighed again, and then turned to me. “ Fine. Where do I need to be and what time? And can I still have my job at the road side grill?”

“No, I’m firing you.” Demetri said. She shot him a look, and he grinned. “ I like messing with you. I can’t help it, sorry.” I grinned.

“I’ll pick you up for work. Be ready by 8:30.” She nodded as Demetri started driving off again. A minute later we where at his mom’s place.