Uncharted

Let's Go Dancing to the Songs We Wrote

I stretched and sighed as I stirred from my slumber. My neck felt stiff and out of whack, so I shoved my left arm into the cushion and turned onto my side so I could roll my head and stretch my neck. I tried to scoot back instead of balancing on the edge, but someone else was behind me, taking up all the room. I peered over my shoulder to see a sleeping Marcus in his green, silky pajama bottoms and warm, mismatched socks and some random long-sleeve, pajama shirt. Apparently he put me in his quidditch sweater and… leggings? He somehow got clothes for me and…stripped and dressed me? But we’re still on the couch?

I immediately rolled off of the couch and onto the floor. I then raced up to my dorm room; the slamming open of the door woke Lily up from an already semi-awake, drowsy state. I pulled the sweater above my head—did he see me in this bra? Obviously. Oh god—and quickly exchanged my lime green bra for the faded gray sports bra. I slipped on his quidditch sweater and put on mismatched socks.

“Where are you going?” Lily yawned.

“I’m going to hit the field. Oliver said that there’s a crazy wicked workout room off of one of the House’s locker rooms. Obviously it’s not ours nor Gryffindor’s since he’s having trouble finding it, too.”

“Then how do we know it even exists?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know, but I’m willing to take some time to see if I can find it. Do you want to go with me? I’m going to get some oatmeal first, down in the Hall.”

“Sure,” Lily yawned again and stretched. She found a suitable bra and shirt, and then put on her workout shoes while I magically cleaned my shoes from all the mud from making Harry run in the field. We quietly walked to the Hall, where Marcus and a couple of his friends were already seated and eating. We made eye contact for a few seconds too long; I shot my eyes to the floor while suppressing a grin, but my cheeks burned from unexplainable blushing. Lily elbowed me playfully and whispered, “Looks like you’ve got yourself a crush.”

I rolled my eyes and quickly regained my composure, “Oh hardly. He just has half of my soul—I just love myself.”

“Oh love, is it?”

I groaned and ignored her.

We ate our oatmeal with minimal conversation, due to her drowsiness and my embarrassment from blushing from Marcus’ gaze. We didn’t talk much on the way to the fields, either. Though we never actually found the gym-like facility—which really pissed Lily off—we did run laps for a while. We plopped down near the Slytherin tower after our laps and greedily drank our water. “Everyone and their mum’s are arguing over what we should do for our project.”

“I know,” I sighed and continued after a minute or so, “but I think I have an idea that can pull us together.”

“Hopefully so. We’re really running out of time.” Lilly turned her head a bit to look at me, “What are you thinking?”

“Usually productions revolve around some fact about the Houses. I think we could switch it up a bit – and earn a higher grade – and do something about the Deathly Hallows. Maybe something about the Three Brothers.”

“How so?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, “Maybe we could do a… a… maybe a song? Nothing cheesy though. We could make something honestly really cool if we all coordinate enough.”

Lily took a few minutes to think before she replied, “You know, I think that could work. You could choreograph it, a few of us could figure out how to make the set and a few other people could be in charge of song lyrics and music. Then we could all teach the others and whatnot. It could work.”

“We should go propose the idea.”

Lily nodded and stood up. We walked back up to the castle together, but she continued onto the Slytherin common room and I went back to the Great Hall to grab a snack. I gathered a bunch of fruit in a goblet I enlarged and headed up to the Charms classroom to grab the parchment with my notes that I forgot yesterday. I was snacking pigishly but immediately stopped when I saw an unusually handsome figure by the large, stained glass window. His hair was platinum blonde, his jaw line sharp and square, and his figure tall, broad and strong. He was probably in his early twenties—

“You see? I know you thought me attractive.”

“Wha-what?” I snapped my head to the left to see Draco.

“Flitwick showed us how to project the image of our future selves to see who needed to change lifestyle habits and who was on the right track. Of course, it’s all subjective to your decisions so it’s just a projection of what you might—”

“I don’t care,” I sighed, “I’m just looking for my parchment. I left all my notes on it and I left it in here.”

Draco rolled his eyes, “Have you checked your desk?”

“I just got here, you tool.”

He huffed a bit, but I ignored him completely. I called my notes to me magically and turned for the door, but Draco stepped in front of it. “Do you go home for the Christmas holiday?”

I sighed, “For the most part.”

“What do you mean?”

“I go home for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after. I stay here the other days.”

“Why?”

“Don’t worry about it.” I stepped around him and opened the door.

Draco hurriedly followed me out—pretty melodramatic since I was walking at an even pace. “Well, everyone who’s anyone is coming to my manor for part of the Christmas holiday—”

“And this pertains to me how?” I shifted my gaze to the right to see him speed walking next to me.

“Well,” he smirked, “the Flint’s will be there.”

“And…?”

Draco sighed with slight irritation, “You have half of Marcus. You need to go.”

“No I don’t; he’ll be just fine without me.”

Draco took a step in front of me, forcing us to stop and awkwardly stare down in the middle of the corridor. “Just go. Just go for him.” Draco’s face softened to an almost worried state. “Just trust me, okay? He needs you to be there.”

I rolled my eyes, trying my best to be unaffected by his hurt look. “What days?”

“December 28th. That’s when everyone will be there.”

“Okay, I’ll go, but I’ll need transportation—”

“Marcus will get you, I’m sure.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not going out of my way for this event. If Marcus doesn’t get me I’m not going to get lost all over Britain for your home—”

“It’s a manor,” Draco cut me off, annoyance highly noticeable. “Do try to knock this off. I can’t have your mudblood attitude staining the walls—”

I slapped him so hard across the face that he fell to the floor. I squatted down and basically growled out, “Next time the burn on your face will be much more serious.”

Draco whimpered.

I stepped over him and walked back down to the Slytherin dormitory.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know exactly where I want to take this story. I'm aiming to finish this before school starts up.

Comments/thoughts/reviews/etc are appreciated.