Status: New Story

Endless Love

-12-

I felt like I was floating.

Whoa.

Thats definitely a different kind of feeling.

I felt strong arms wrapped around me and I rubbed my cheek against his warm chest.

"I love you." I murmured.

I heard a deep chuckle.

"I love you too." Paul said.

I finally opened my eyes when I felt myself being laid on my bed.

I felt Paul start to pull away and I grabbed his hand, pulling him back to me.

He chuckled again and laid next to me.

"I missed you while I was gone." I said, laying my hand against his face.

He curled into my touch, moving my hand so it was resting under his cheek.

I ran my finger across his cheek, feeling the stubble across my knuckle.

"I missed you too. I was going crazy over here. Not knowing if you were okay or not. I was ready to cross the treaty line." Paul said.

I smiled softly.

"You don't give your brother's enough credit. They would have howled if anything happened to me. They were actually taking the protection a little over board." I laughed.

"How is that?" He asked curiously.

"The second I took a step towards the stairs to introduce myself to Bella's and Edward, they all surrounded me and started growling at Edward." I said, shaking my head.

"Good." Paul said, a smile on his face.

"Good?" I asked.

"Yeah, good. He could've hurt you. They are just doing what comes natural. And that's protecting our people from the enemy." Paul said.

I rolled my eyes.

"That is most load of crap. You guys are supposed to protect your people from danger. And dangerous are those who try and cause you harm. All the Cullen's have done since they got here is respect your rules." I told him.

"It only takes one slip up. One mistake. And I'm not willing to put you in danger because your an optimist. I would rip anyone who hurt you limb by fucking limb." Paul growled.

I rubbed his cheek and made him look down a me.

"The only ones who were going to slip up were your brothers. They started acting crazy and even though Edward reacted protectively over Bella, he was still under complete control. And that shows just how in control he is." I said softly.

Paul didn't say anything, just kept that look on his face like he wasn't going to budge.

"So tell me more about your trip. Was Bella asked fun as you thought?" Paul asked, twining our fingers and playing with them.

"She is so much fun. And she's so funny. She's gonna turn out to be one of my best friends. I can tell." I smiled.

Paul grinned and kissed my forehead.

"Good to hear." Paul murmured.

"And the way she's with Edward. Its pretty amazing. He really loves her Paul." I said.

He grunted.

"Every time she looks at him, or he looks at her, it reminds me of you, and how I feel about you." I said.

Paul looked up.

"It's not the same thing Eliza. They are living stone. They can't feel anything. There's no way he can love Bella the way I love you." He said.

"I think you're wrong. I think that what they have, is something special and unique. You keep trying to tell me that vampires are dangerous and they hurt people. But when Edward is around Bella, I see him think about every movement before he does it. I saw him stand in between three huge wolves that might have harmed Bella. I saw a man in love." I said.

Paul didn't say anything for a while.

And I could see him thinking.

"I really like Bella. And if we're friends, that means I'm gonna be around Edward. And I like him too. He seems like a good guy. I need you to be okay with that." I said softly.

"I don't think I can do it, Eliza. Everything in me tells me to kill, kill, kill whenever one of them is near. And that feeling would only intensity if you were there. Because my need to protect you, keep you safe, overrides all other feelings." Paul said.

I cupped his cheek and leaned forward to kiss those lips I've been staring at since I woke up.

Delicious.

"I'm just asking you to try. Thats the only thing I want. You know I love you, and at the end of the day, I have your back no matter what. But I need friends too. I want friends." I said.

I looked at Paul with pleading eyes and I smiled.

He's gonna give in.

"I'll try. But I'm not making any promises." Paul said.

I squealed and jumped on top of him, winding my arms around him as my lips came down on his.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." I said in between kisses.

Paul's arms wrapped around my waist as he rolled over so he was hovering over me.

I grinned at the feeling of his weight pressed against me. That is definitely not something I can see myself getting tired of any time soon.

"Oh and guess what?" I asked excitedly.

Paul pressed a kiss to my throat before looking up at me.

"What baby?" He asked.

"Bella wants me to meet Alice! So the next time we meet up, she's coming along too." I squealed happily.

Paul groaned and laid his head in the crook of my neck.

"You are gonna kill me Eliza." He groaned.

I giggled and ran my fingers through his hair.

Maybe there is hope for them yet.