Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

06

She could feel it. The pieces of her broken self were being rebuilt. They were coming back together. As she slept, the those pieces of her soul were pulled back into one. She sighed. Her alarm clock went off scaring the shit out of her. She jumped, startling awake.

Slowly her eyes opened, surveying her room. She sat up. Looking around. This wasn’t her room. Where was she?

“Cahmmmron?” she choked out. Her mouth was bound. So were her arms and legs. A man must’ve heard her muffled plea, because he walked into her room seconds later.

“Good morning Lacie dear. How’d you sleep?” the man asked. His face was shaded. She didn’t know who it was. She tilted her head to the side, pretending she didn’t know what he was talking about.

“Answer me, Lacie,” he growled. An eerie chill swept down her spine. This guy gave her the creeps.

“Gwreaate?” she spat through the cloth covering her mouth.

“Good,” he nodded, a sneer upon his full lips. He walked out of the shadow of the wall that shaded him. It was… her dad? He was supposed to be dead. She gasped, “Yes, Lacie, it’s me. You got away from me and now I‘m back to fulfill the deed.”

Tears welled up and spilled over. She couldn’t believe it. The man she saw die right in front of her, was standing in a room with her.

“Why?” she squeaked through that stupid cloth.

“Like I said, ‘you got away the first time’ so I‘m back to finish the job. Plus since I killed your mother, I needed a new victim,” he chuckled darkly. She looked down defeated. Footsteps approaching her made her head snap up. He was gaining on her, and quick. His hand was just reaching it’s full extension when her name filled the dead air between them.

Cameron darted into the room pushing her father out of the way.

“Cahmmmron?” she spoke through that damn cloth.

“Yeah,” he smiled beautifully at her not giving anything away. He walked over to her, his stare becoming more and more evil. He reached her in two easy steps, reaching his hand back as far as it would go. Seconds later it impacted with her cheek-


Lacie’s eyes shot open. Her hair stuck to her face. Swiping at it for a while, she sat up. Cameron was gone. There was a note in his place.

Shower
Be back soon.

-C


Lacie cracked a smile at the note. She tucked it away in a her bag and got up to get dressed.

Before she could get her hoodie over her head, hands were pulling it off.

“You should keep this off,” Cameron murmured, from behind her. She whirled around. His hair was damp and he was shirtless. Her breathing sped up, “What’s wrong?”

“Y-y-you’re h-half naked…” she looked away, blushing slightly. He smiled.

“Does it bother you?” he asked. She couldn’t answer him, her voice was caught in her throat. Still holding the hoodie he moved towards her bed, “please just humor me and not wear this today?”

“Yeah sure,” she shrugged. His smile widened, “but my hair looks like a puff ball,” Lacie whined.

“Here,” he moved to her dresser with her mirror. She advanced on him. He took her my the upper arms and moved her in front of him. Picking up her favorite brush, he untangled the mass on her head, doing fairly well. Her face must’ve given her away.

“What a guy can’t brush hair?” he chuckled. She giggled slightly, “Oh? Was that a giggle I just heard?”

“No,” she tried to mask her smile.

“Good better not be,” he sneered playfully. Lacie couldn’t help but laugh at him. Seconds later he joined in. After the laughing fit he said, “There!”

“Whoa, Cam you’re good,” she smiled slightly playing with her hair a bit.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked.

“It just means I want you to do my hair every morning,” she mumbled, slipping back into the shell of herself.

“No wait, you need something,” he dug around in the boxes before he came up with a black bow with a skull in the middle, “Here,” he held it out to her. She took it reluctantly, not sure of what she should do with it, “Here let me have it,” he held out his hand for it. She laid it back in his palm, “Turn around for me.”

“There! All done!” he exclaimed, adjusting the bow in her hair, “Beeutiful.”

She didn’t know who the other girl was in the mirror but she deffinatly was not Lacie. Cameron had, since he put the bow in her hair, curled it slightly at the tips, thrown some mascara on her lashes and gave her lips a little bit of a gloss. She smiled at her reflection.

“Wow,” she breathed.

“Mhm, mhm,” he nodded proudly, “Lemme hear it.”

“It’s amazing what you can do,” she smirked slightly, “Say can I take my hoodie and put it in my locker? Just in case I get cold?”

“Sure I guess that’s no hurt, but you can’t put the hood up. Not after all the work I did,” he smirked back.

“Go put a shirt on, we’re gonna be late,” her smile slipped off her face. The girl she wants to be just can’t stay out long enough to stay. Cameron nodded moving across the room to his overnight bag. He pulled out a Mayday Parade tee shirt and slipped it over his chiseled body.

“Ready to go?” he asked, turning back to her, snagging the hoodie and throwing it over his shoulder. Lacie just nodded.

“Oh wait, my Ipod,” she ran back into her room. She jammed her Ipod Touch into the back pocket of her skinnies and popping one ear bud in her ear walked out of the door to Cameron.

“Where do you stand?” he asked at the end of the drive.

“Right here,” she shrugged. He nodded waiting for the bus. It was on time, as usual. The doors opened slowly, the bus driver looking her up and down.

“Ladies first,” Cameron offered. Lacie nodded slowly climbing the steps.

“Who’s the new girl?” Rayvn looked her up and down, winking at her.

“It’s Lacie, can’t you tell?” Cameron chuckled.

“No way,” Rayvn breathed. The rest of the guys on the bus whistled or howled at her. She blushed a little heading toward the back when Cameron caught her arm and steered her into a seat near the middle and right behind Rayvn. He turned around looking at Lacie again.

“Gotta problem, dude?” Cameron asked, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

“When’d you get so hot?” Rayvn asked ignoring Cameron completely. He was completely serious.

“Well… uh… I… don’t… know?” she ended in a question, “I guess I’ve looked like this all my life.”

“You shouldn’t wear those hoodies anymore. You look fine the way you are,” Rayvn smirked at her.

“Uh… thanks?” she said again, a blush highlighting her face.

“No problem,” he didn’t turn around, in fact he stared at her for a while before he tore his gaze away from her to Cameron, “Why does he have your hoodie?”

“He’s just holding it for me-”

“What’s it to you?” Cameron asked, completely serious now. She was going to say more but Cameron cut in before she finished.

“Nothing I was just wondering. If you don’t mind I’ll carry your hoodie around. We have all our classes together and if you were to get cold I could just hand it over,” he offered.

“I have all the same classes with her too,” Cameron told, “I’m fine with carrying her hoodie for her.” Rayvn didn’t acknowledge him, he stared at her waiting for her answer.

“Uh, that’s okay, Rayvn, I think I’ll just throw it in my locker and be done with it,” she shrugged, “No big deal,” she smiled nicely at him. His face went blank. Like he was flabbergasted that she smiled.

“U-uh… okay…” he turned around, writing on something. Cameron went really still beside her.

“Cam?” she asked, turning to look at him.

“What?” he snapped. Lacie flinched, “Oh sorry. I didn’t mean to snap. He just got me riled up, is all,” he smiled at her.

“Okay,” she mumbled. The bus jerked to a stop at the school. Lacie took a deep breath, stood, and walked confidently off the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey there so sorry it took so long i had a little bit of writer's block ^^" will update as soon as possible.

comments? thoughts?