‹ Prequel: Stranded

Rescued.

California Girls

Plopping down on the couch beside Sebastian and Peyton, Alex’s dogs, I sighed, running my hand over Peyton’s short fur. Feeling neglected, Seb jumped up and started licking my face.

“Awww, you just feel neglected, don’t you?” I cooed, using my other hand to scratch behind his ear. “Alex hasn’t played with you guys all day even when he promised to take you out once we got to Jack’s, huh?” I said in a baby voice, “He’s a big meany, isn’t he? Isn’t he?”

At this point, both Peyton and Sebastian were riled up, tails wagging tongues flying. “Are you trash talking me with my dogs?” Alex said, coming into the room.

“Yup. Poor things have probably been bored out of their minds.”

“Says the girl who left her cat at home alone.” Alex pointed out.

I smacked my hands to my head, “I know!” I whined, “I feel terrible. Poor little Train. What if he eats all his food and then starves!?” I panicked.

“You practically put the whole bag in his bowl, most of it is on the floor.”

“What if he runs out of water?” I continued.

“You got one of those magic ones with the jugs on top. Train will be fine, I was just teasing.”

“I miss Train.”

“Well, we’ll be going back to pack when you start to move.”

“You’re coming too?” I looked up at Alex expectantly.

He chuckled, sitting down next to me and the dogs, he attentively scratched the dog’s spot that made their leg shake. “Yeah, why wouldn’t I?”

“It’s like the…the…it’s like Tatooine in the summer time. Nobody lives there. You’ll be totally disconnected from the world.”

“A Star Wars reference? You’re a nerd.”

“You’re a nerd for getting it.” I shot back, sticking my tongue out at him. “So, where is everyone?” I asked.

Alex shrugged, still petting his puppies. “Dunno.” He grunts.

“Has anyone told you want a wonderful help you are?” I asked sarcastically.

“Ouch, it hurts. My heart.” Alex feigned emotional pain with his hand over his heart. I smirked at him and stood up to look from someone, anyone really. As I stepped out on the back porch, I heard the squeak of the swing and followed the sound.

“Hey, Kaykay, Jack. What are you guys doing?”

“What’s it look like, we’re cuddling!” Makahla smiled.

“Yeah, but you shouldn’t because I’m bored.” I complained, shoulders slumping. “Entertain me.”

“No. I’m fine where I’m at.” Makahla denied. “Jack’s too comfortable.”

“But, Kaaaayyyy!” I whined, pouting.

“Fine!” She sighed, but made no indication of getting up. “In a minute.”

Jack chuckled, standing up and leaving Makahla on the bench alone, “Come on, Kay.” He took hold of her hand and made her stand up. “We’ll go play…Pictionary or something.”

“I’m on Sara’s team!” Kahla called, rushing into the house.

“No fair, you can’t put the artist one your team!” Jack ran after her. I smiled, moseying my way into the house. “We will draw straws!”

Joyce, who was in the living room watching some kind of show on television, looked at us while we hopped around the house, being loud. “What are you guys doing?”

“We’re going to play Pictionary, want to join?” I asked before following Jack and Makahla, who had dragged Alex out by his arms, his dogs following after him.

“No, dear. I’m sorry, but you kids are just too…”

“Loud? Rambunctious? Insane? Exuberant?” I offered.

“Something along those lines, in any case, I have to get started on dinner.”

“Need help?”

“No, I’m fine.”

I shrugged, going to where they were setting up the game. “Whose team am I on?” I sat down, Baz jumping up on my lap.

“Traitor!” Alex exclaimed, pointing at his dog. “You’re on my team, by the way.”

“Couple v. Couple, I see.” I narrowed my eyes at Makahla and Jack. “I will vanquish you!” I vowed.

….

“How come we lost?” Alex looked at me, disappointed.

“I don’t know, Mr. Scribbles. My pictures were beautiful.” I commented, picking up Seb and standing up myself. “And you don’t know how to guess.”

“Not all of us are artistic, babe.” He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“Boo-freaking-yah! We beat the artist!” Jack was cheering to his mom, who was smiling and nodding politely. “She works for Disney! AND WE BEAT HER!” Jack shouted.

“Stop rubbing it in, Jack, it’s Alex’s fault.”

“I’m trying to sabotage your credibility as an animator so you can sing full time.”

“Somehow I don’t think one small game of Pictionary is going to do that.” I pondered aloud and Alex pouted at me. “I mean…Oh no, I’m ruined!” I exclaimed dramatically.

“Aw, I’m sorry, Sara….you know you could always start a solo act...you a singer/songwriter.”

“Like David Archuleta?” I asked hopefully.

“Yeah, like that loser.”

“Hey, I’ll have you know I actually like that guy.” I defended, “He has some pretty good songs. Though, in my opinion his second record was way better.”

“Who uses the word record anymore?”

“I do.” I said, sitting beside Makahla on the couch, “Where did Kaitie run off to, anyway?”

“I think Zack took her somewhere to not cause any more problems. Thank god.” Kahla muttered, flipping through the channels.

“Give up, there’s nothing on.” I said automatically. “So, it she just going to be staying at Zack’s house, then?” Makahla shrugged once more.

“I AM THE INDIAN SUPERHERO!” Jack shouted, running into the living room with a towel wrapped around his neck. And he jumped up and landed across Makahla, Alex, and me.

Alex groaned loudly, “Dude you just kneed my junk.” He pushed Jack off harshly, and looked at me, “Kiss it better?”

I made a face, “Gross. Sorry, no.”

“After you’re married, Al.” Jack winked, flashing a smile at us from the ground.

“Gross.” I said again, “This just got really dirty. I’m leaving.” I announced, “Is your car locked, Alex? I want to draw.”

“Yeah, here.” He said, tossing me the keys then went back to harassing Jack for kneeing him. Getting my sketch pad and pencils, I went back into the living room where Alex and Jack were still wrestling on the floor.

“Men.” I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I sat next to Makahla.

“Tell me about it. What are you going to draw?” Makahla asked, leaning her head on my shoulder.

“Marky wanted to get a few new designs and whatever from me. So, I was going to work on that. But…now I’m thinking I’ll draw a picture of Mickey for Flyzik. Soft of because I feel bad for not telling him.”

“So, are you going to tell him?”

“Are you insane, I don’t want to get mobbed?” I scoffed, drawing the outline for Mickey. There comes a point when you just start drawing too fast. I think I was getting there. But, I pretty much have to draw fast if I want to get anything done nowadays. It’s been too hectic.

“You should have a chibi Flyzik be next to him. OH! And the next time you go to the studio, you can have one of the producer guys sign it.”

“But then he’ll know…” I thought out loud.

“He’ll freak out all over the picture more so than you, then.”

“He’ll jizz in his pant.” Alex and Jack said simultaneously from the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I forgot to post this until just now.
Whoops.
I've been busy on my new story Life of Illusion, if you wanted to check that out.
Muahahah

ANYWAYS!
I love you all.

Peace. Love. Weasley.
Sara Michelle