Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Ten

--CLARISSA--

"'Rissa, we need to talk about what happened," Terrian spoke through the closet door.

I was sitting on the closet floor, the door locked, and I was leaning against it. He'd kissed me. He kissed me and he doesn't even like me. He's the one teasing now.

"No we don't. Nothing happened," I said.

"Then why are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding."

I heard him sigh and footsteps walking away from the closet. Moments later I heard a door close. He's gone. It's safe to get out of the closet now, you're wrinkling your dress anyway.

I slowly got to my feet, smoothed out my dress, and opened the closet door. I stepped into the bedroom and shut the door behind me. Next thing I knew I was being pinned to the wall by Terrian.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my heart fluttering in my chest.

"We are going to talk whether you want to or not."

"Fine."

He let me go and I made a dash for the bedroom door, only to have him catch me around my waist and pick me up off the floor. I thrashed in his arms for a moment, not wanting to talk about it. When I calmed down he put me on the bed.

"Why'd you kiss me?" I asked.

"I wanted to."

"You don't like me though."

"'Rissa, I-"

"No. It's not right to kiss someone when you don't even feel anything for them."

"Then why did you kiss me back?"

His green eyes pierced my hazel ones with a glare. We sat there in silence on the bed for a while. It must have been an hour, maybe even two. We just stared at one another, thinking.

What was I supposed to tell him? "You're just really attractive." like I had that first night when he accused me of already falling for him? Or the truth?

You've got to tell him the truth. He rejects you tonight, it doesn't matter. You'll heart will heal.

I lied. "It was instinct. When someone kisses me, kissing them back is the first thing that comes to mind."

I watched an emotion flicker in his eyes. It faded immediately and he got off the bed. "Hm, well, I think I was just caught up in the moment. Us laying on the bed with out lips already so close," he mumbled.

I nodded my head and looked at the clock. It was nine thirty. Anna would have already been in bed. "Terrian, is it alright if I go for a walk in the garden?" I asked, standing up.

He only waved his hand and I left the room. As I walked down to the garden, a voice in my head said:

If he would've rejected you had you told him the truth, it wouldn't have mattered. Even though you like to deny it, there's another man in this castle who's captured you as well. And he wouldn't reject you if you told him.