Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Fourteen

My eyelids fluttered open and I found myself looking at Terrian's chest. His arms were wrapped around me, our naked bodies pressed together in the sheets that were tangled around us. I rubbed my eyes. Goodness, I needed a shower. I felt...gross.

"Good morning, 'Rissa," I heard Terrian say groggily.

I raised my head slightly to look into his sparkling green eyes. He smiled at kissed my forehead. Thinking about what happened between us last night made me suddenly blush. He chuckled and tightened his grip around me.

I buried my face into his chest, inhaling. He smelled like coconuts. I smiled and then pulled my head back. "What time is it?" I asked.

Terrian looked over at the clock. "Seven thirty. I suppose you should go get your shower seeing as how your class with Wanda starts in an hour," he said, sighing.

I nodded...Then remembered Lucas. "Oh my god, Terrian!"

"What?"

"I forgot about Lucas last night."

"Since you didn't meet him, I'm sure he understands you chose me."

I studied him. He was right. "Yeah, okay, I'm going to go take my shower now."

He removed his arms from me and I slipped out of the bed, getting to the bathroom quickly. I turned on the water and allowed it to get warm before I got in. I took my time in the shower and when I finally got out, I felt nice and refreshed. I dried off and then wrapped the towel around me.

When I stepped into the bedroom I found Terrian in front of the closet, a towel wrapped around his waist, and his hair dripping wet. He turned to look at me and I cocked my head to the side. "Shower next door," he said.

I nodded and joined him in front of the closet. He looked down at me and smiled for no reason. "I told you on my first day here that you smiled too much, didn't I?" I asked.

"Yes, I believe you did, love," he replied, pulling out a blue sweater and a pair of jeans.

"Well, that hasn't changed."

He smiled again. "It's liked I told you that first day. I'm a happy person." He leaned down and pecked me on the lips.

"You should wear blue today. That way we'll color coordinate."

I rolled my eyes, but pulled out a navy blue strapless dress anyway. This morning I got dressed in the room with Terrian. I still felt a little awkward though, despite what had happened last night. I just wasn't used to it, that was all.

Once I was dressed I went back into the bathroom and brushed my hair. As I was putting on my make-up, Terrian came and leaned against the door frame. "Why do you wear that goop?" he asked.

"Because I want to look pretty."

"But you do look pretty without it."

"Aw, thank you, Terri."

"Don't call me that."

"How 'bout Ian?"

"Uh, no."

I frowned. "Plain old Terrian?"

He smiled. "Yep."

"You're no fun," I grumbled as I finished my make-up.

He chuckled and said sorry, following me out of the bathroom. I slipped on my silver heels and Terrian took my arm, escorting me out of the room. As we walked down the hall, Annalisa's door opened and she came running out in a baby blue dress.

"Hm. She got the matching memo," Terrian joked beside me.

I smiled as a maid came dashing out of the room, a ribbon in her hand. "Annalisa!" the elder woman gasped for air as she said her name.

Anna took one look at the ribbon and then ran to me and Terrian. "Daddy, she's trying to put it in my hair!" she whined, looking up at Terrian.

He looked at me. "Annalisa, let her put it in your hair," I said.

She pouted, but trudged back to the old maid. The woman tied the ribbon around her pony-tail and then scurried off, leaving Annalisa with us. I took Anna's hand and Terrian lead us down to the room where I practiced with Wanda. Lucas was already there.

He looked up when the three of entered and arched an eyebrow at the blue. I looked away from him and looked at Wanda who was conversing with Judith. When they looked over at us, Judith squealed. "Oh, don't you three look adorable!"

Wanda simply nodded in agreement. "Oh, son, your father wants to speak with you in his study," Judith said.

Terrian looked down at me. "I'll be back, love," he murmured before giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

As he disappeared through the doors, Annalisa burst, "Bye daddy!"

I turned to look at Judith and Wanda who were wearing large smiles. I looked at them for a moment and then around the room. I noticed boxes with the word 'Dresses' on them. When I turned back to the two women, I found three others with tape measures and pins in their hands.

"Honey, you're getting and being fitted for your wedding gown; that's why we had to get rid of Terrian," Judith said, taking Annalisa's hand from mine and pushing me over to the other women.

"Wh-what if I gain weight?"

"Then we'll simply have you re-fitted. You probably need to gain some weight anyway; you're a twig."

I blinked a few times as the other four women started unzipping my dress and pulling out other white gowns. I felt extremely awkward, mostly because Lucas was still in the room.

Every dress I tried on looked nice and Annalisa would say,"Mommy looks pretty."

It's been three hours. I have one dress left. As the women helped me slip on the dress, Wanda wrote something down on a piece of paper. The dress was strapless and fanned out at my waist to the floor. It had sequins on it too.

I loved it. This was going to be my dress. I looked in the mirror and twirled around once. "I want this one," I said, turning to Judith and Wanda who were just staring.

"Mommy looks like a Princess," Anna piped up.

"That's the dress and the right size!" Judith squealed.

As soon as I was done getting dressed into my blue gown and all the wedding things were packed away, except for my dress, Terrian came back to escort me to lunch. I was all smiles the rest of the day, happy that I'd found the perfect dress.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Terrian is the final choice and I am sure that many are happy 'bout that.
It is the only time that I enjoy a form of hate mail because I wanted people to hate Lucas haha