Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Six

Lucas looked from me to Terrian. He was trying to think of something to say. My eyes flickered from Lucas to the man I was engaged to. He was standing beside me now.

"Last night he was looking for you. He thought you were back from hunting already and I had just gotten out of the shower." I said.

Lucas caught on. "I had stepped into the room without thinking and there she was in nothing but a towel. I startled her so much that she dropped it," he finished.

Terrian's accusing gaze turned from Lucas to me and I nodded. "So, you've seen my fiance's body?" he asked.

"Y-yes."

"How's she look?"

My cheeks reddened and I slapped Terrian's arm. "Perfect," I heard.

I looked at Lucas who was looking at me. I felt Terrian's arm snake around my waist. "Hm. Lucas you won't be needed today. My meeting was canceled. I'll be spending the day with 'Rissa," he said.

"Yes, sir." Lucas bowed and left.

[][][][][][]

"Why do you let him bow and call you Prince, Sire, and sir all the time if he's your friend?" I asked.

I was sitting on mine and Terrian's bed, my legs crossed. He was just standing there in front of me looking at me.

"He chooses to; sometimes he'll call me by name. Did you lie to me?" he responded.

"Lie? What?"

"In the hall. Were you lying? Did he really come in and you dropped your towel?"

"I wasn't lying and yes he did," I lied.

I felt a little bad about lying to him. What a way to start off our relationship, right?

"Hm."

"So...what are we doing today?"

"Can you ride a horse?"

"No..."

"Want to learn?"

"Not really."

Terrian sighed. "Well, we could hang out in here I guess," he said.

"That's fine with me." Just as long as I don't have to see Lucas...

[][][][][][]

"...favorite color?" Terrian asked.

"Um...Green."

"Hey, that's mine too! You stole my favorite color."

"I did not! You stole mine!"

"I'm older by two years. You stole mine."

I 'hmphed' and crossed my arms over my chest. "What's your favorite fruit? Mine is an apple."

"Ugh, so is mine. Gosh, 'Rissa, stop stealing everything."

"I didn't know!"

We both stared at each other for a while. We'd found out in the past hour that we shared our favorite animal(penguins), favorite Disney movie(Beauty and the Beast), favorite material(silk), favorite pet animal(cat), favorite color(green), and favorite fruit(apple).

"What's your favorite...food!?" he asked.

"Spaghetti," I answered quickly.

"Aw, mine's chicken."

I smiled. He seemed disappointed that we didn't have a favorite food in common. "Who's you favorite person in the whole wide world?" I asked.

"You."

"Liar."

"I am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too!"

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

"ARE NOT!"

"ARE TOO!"

"I am not."

"You are t-"

"STOP!"

We both turned to the door to find Lucas standing there. "I swear you two act like five year olds," he grumbled, stepping into the room.

"But I'm pretty, so I can get away with it," I said, smiling.

"Pft. Whatever," Terrian said beside me.

"What? You don't think I'm pretty?" I made my bottom lip begin to quiver.

He glanced sideways at me. "Y-you're not going to cry are you?"

My eyes filled with fake tears as I pulled myself to my feet.He stood up quickly and grabbed my hand. I jerked it away and wiped furiously at the fake tears spilling over.

"Goodness, Terrian, look what you did!" Lucas said stepping towards me.

"I-I was kidding, 'Rissa! You are pretty. No. You're gorgeous! C'mon, stop crying!" Terrian begged.

Wow, I got him to beg. The PRINCE! Hah. I think I can stop crying now.

I wiped away the rest of the false tears and broke into a wide smile. Both Lucas and Terrian stared at me. "Why are you smiling?" they asked simultaneously.

"You guys fell for that. I wasn't really crying. I can make myself cry," I said.

They glared. "God, 'Rissa! I thought I'd really hurt your feelings!" Terrian said.

I shrugged. "Oh, what do you want Lucas?" I asked.

"Lunch is ready."

I beamed at him as Terrian took my hand and lead me from the room. Lucas was following behind, mumbling something along the lines of, "She's perfect and he has her."

I felt an odd pit in my stomach but I brushed it off. Maybe he was talking about someone else...