Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Eight

"What about Annalisa?" I asked as Terrian opened the door to the limo for me.

"She's spending the day with my parents. They want to get to know my...our...uh, your daughter," he replied.

"You can call her your daughter, Terrian. She will be when we're married." Goodness, that felt weird saying.
'...when we're married.'

I climbed into the limo and Terrian followed behind me, closing the door. "Clarissa, since we are speaking of Annalisa, that brings us to the children subject."

My eyes popped slightly. I knew what he was getting at, I just didn't want to talk about it right now. He was about to say more when the door opened again. Lucas was the one getting in the limo.

"Lucas, what are you doing?" Terrian asked as the guard sat beside me.

"Your mother is forcing me to come along..." he replied.

Terrian 'hm'ed and looked at me. "We'll continue this discussion later, Clarissa," he said. Thank you.

Maybe he'll forget about it. I highly doubt that's possible. Of course, I know that Terrian will want his own children, just as I would like my own as well. Yes, Anna is my daughter, but she isn't mine.

I nodded at him and looked out the window as Lucas and Terrian started planning their next hunting trip. They go hunting too much in my opinion...

[][][][][]

"'Rissa, come on!" Terrian spoke, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the store.

"Terrian, why are we going to that jewelry store?" I asked. He was tugging me towards Dan's- The Finest in Frescan, the most expensive jewelry store in the country.

"You haven't got an engagement ring. Plus, we're buying the wedding ring too."

"You mustn't spend this much money on me!"

"I've got too!" he said as he pulled me into the store.

"No you don't!"

"Yes, I really do."

"No, you really-"

"Guys, don't start it in public," Lucas ordered behind us.

"Hey, you're not to order us around, Lucas," I grumbled.

"Ah! Prince Terrian, what can I do for you?" A middle-aged man who I assumed to be Dan appeared before us.

"Hello, Dan. I'm here to pick out and engagement ring and a wedding ring for my fiancee and myself," Terrian responded, pulling me to his side.

Dan's eyes flickered to me for a moment. "I didn't know you were engaged."

"Only for a month so far."

Dan nodded and lead us to the back of the store where there was a case of gold and silver diamond rings. "This is our most expensive selection," he said to Terrian.

"Wonderful," Terrian responded, smiling down at me.

I narrowed my eyes before looking down at the rings. I gasped when I saw it. It was a gold and silver with two diamonds on it. Next to it was a gold band with silver also. I hit Terrian's arm and pointed to the set. "Our engagement rings....pleaaaase!" I said as he looked at them.

He shrugged. "Whatever you want, my love."

I swear I heard Lucas scoff behind us. Dan moved around so that he was behind the case. He took the rings out and set them on top for us to look at. "Try them on; make sure they fit so you don't have to re-size them," he said.

Terrian picked up my ring and slid it onto my left hand ring finger. It fit perfectly! He slipped his on as well. "Well, they fit. Are you sure you want these, 'Rissa?" he asked, looking at me as I admired the ring.

"Yes. Positive."

"Alright, but you need to pick out the wedding ring, now."

"Can't we just have one ring?"

"No. These are our engagement rings. We need other rings to wear after we're married, darling."

I frowned and looked back down at the case. Silver or gold. Gold or silver. Hm... I think I'll go with silver! I found a set of silver bands with little diamonds all around it. "How 'bout those?" I asked, pointing to them.

Terrian looked and nodded. "Sure, looks fine to me, dear."

We slid our current rings off and placed them back in the box so that Dan could ring them up on the cash register. Once we were done in the store, we went back out the limo.

"OH MY GOD! It's the Prince!" I heard a girl shriek to my right.

"I wouldn't go over there if I were you, Maddison. I think that might be his girlfriend." I heard another one say.

"Oh, I doubt it!" The first girl- Maddison, said.

"Hey, hey! Prince Terrian, what are you doing out and about?" Same girl. I turned to find a red-head with deep brown eyes standing there. Her shirt was low-cut and her skirt was too short. Skank, I thought.

"My fiancee and I-"He motioned towards me and then to himself-"were buying our rings."

"S-she's your fiancee?" Maddison asked.

"Yes, she is, now get lost." Lucas ordered.

Haha, way to go Lucas! Keep her away from my man! Uh...I mean...yeah.

When Maddison got back to her friend, I heard the girl say, "I told you not to go over there. Hey-wait, do you know who that girl is?"

"No," Maddison replied to her friend.

"That's Clarissa Patterson in our apartment building, Maddy! The one with the three year old daughter!"

"No way!"

"Yes!"

"How'd she land him?"

"Well, Clarissa is pretty."

"Pft. Whatever."

[][][][][][]

"'Rissa, are you done in there?" I heard Terrian call through the bathroom door.

I didn't want to come out. All I had on was a towel. I'd left my clothes all in the bedroom. I had to come out eventually and he needed something. With a sigh, I pulled the towel tighter around me and opened the door.

I stepped into the bedroom and Terrian looked at me. "You're teasing me again?" he asked.

"No! I forgot my clothes. What do you want?"

"Well, maybe you should get dressed first."

"I will."

I was so tired. He ended up making me try to ride a horse once we got back from ring shopping. I'd fell in the mud multiple times too, ruining my riding dress. A dress to wear while riding a horse? Crazy, I know.

I walked over to the dresser, his eyes on me the whole time. "Will you please stop staring at me?" I asked, as I rummaged through some of the drawers.

Ugh! I threw flung things across the room looking for my shorts and t-shirts. "'Rissa...what are you doing?" I could hear the amusement in Terrian's voice. I turned around and glared at him. This was his fault.

"Looking for something decent to wear to sleep."

"Are we looking at the same clothing? It all looks decent to me."

I looked at what he was holding up. It was a black nightgown that would've stopped mid-thigh on me. Just by looking at it, I knew it would show pretty much all of my chest. "Terrian! That's skimpy!"

"That would be the point, darling."

I growled and pulled it from his hands, throwing it onto the floor. I turned back around to the dresser and pulled open one of his drawers. I pulled out a folded white button-up shirt and trudged back to the bathroom.

When I came out I was wearing the shirt, which went down to my knees. My hair was dry, but looked like a disaster. It was messy from rubbing it with the towel. I looked at Terrian to find him in nothing but black boxers, his own blond hair a mess as well.

"You know, doll, if anyone came in here right now, they might think that we'd been doing something," he said, taking in my appearance.

"Shut up." I mumbled, plopping down on the bed.

"Okay, okay...Well, anyway, I think we should talk about what I wanted to earlier." He climbed up onto the bed beside me and pulled the covers over our legs. We were sitting up with our backs against the headboard.

I shrugged. "Clarissa, children."

"I know, I know. You want your own kids. So do I!"

I watched a smile flicker upon his lips. "So, you're willing?"

"If and when I love you...and you love me, yes." I already do though; I'm just waiting on you.

"What happens if you don't love me by our wedding night?"

"Nothing. You'll get over it, Terrian."

He pouted and leaned over me to click off the lamp. His face was millimeters from mine. He stared into my eyes for the longest time and my breath caught in my throat.

--TERRIAN--

I stared into her hazel eyes. I had yet to turn off the lamp. We were so quiet that I could hear her heartbeat. It was thumping fast. She was nervous of how close we were.

I tore my gaze from her's as I turned the lamp off and laid down on the bed on my back. Clarissa laid down beside me on her left side, her back to me.

I heard her heartbeat slow back to normal. As I stared up at the ceiling I thought about her answer. "If and when I love you...and you love me, yes." Of course, I love you already, Clarissa. You make it hard not to love you...I'm just waiting on you...