Under A Paper Moon.

Just A Daydream Away.

I felt my body come to life as I woke up, and from the orange haze against my eye-lids I knew the sun was out. I did a small stretch and moved onto my side, opening my eyes slightly, I face planted into someone's chest. I yelped and sat up quickly, hitting the person's chin way too hard with the crown of my head. They groaned and I pushed my hair from my face, looking wide-eyed at Jack. He was smiling at me regardless that I basically headbutted him.

"Oh my God, Jack I'm so sorry." I placed my hands on my cheeks, I could see the slight tinge of a bruise coming up at the bottom of his chin. I rubbed my thumb over the mark lightly.

"It's fine, Ray. So, get up and get dressed, we're going to the beach!" Jack let out a high squeal and did a small, happy dance (which practically consisted of him squirming like mad on my bed, ruffling the sheets more.) and jumped from the bed, tripping out of my room.

I laughed and sat on my bed, looking towards the window and pulling my knees towards my chest. I have to tell him today, or I never will.
I'm a fucking train wreck.

I got up and got dressed, before putting some bow clips in my hair and putting on a little make-up, then trampling down the stairs to find Jack watching Adventure Time on the TV. I smiled and flicked the back of his head and he pouted at me, he looked really cute when he did that. I smiled and he jumped over the couch, taking my hand and dragging me from the house.

"What a beautiful daaaaaaaaaay!" Jack deafly sang walking down the street, causing some weird looks and I burst out laughing. He never let go of my hand when we were walking though, which made my heart soar so much. And when he gripped my hand tighter, smiled down at me or traced circles with his thumb on my hand my heart would skip a little bit. Too bad I'm crushing all of this soon.

We came to the beach and we walked along the shore, I liked it when the sand got all mushy with the water splashing against my feet, it made me shiver. Jack was still holding my hand and he guided me towards the mountain of rocks at the end of the beach. We climbed some rocks and finally decided to plank our asses on the one's where you had a perfect view on the beach.

"So, what time's practice on at?" I looked over at Jack, our faces were dangerously close.

"Uhm-" He cleared his throat, "'Bout another hour."

It was silence from then on, for about ten minutes, but it wasn't awkward or anything. I kept looking out at the water, pulling my knees to my chest, I lightly sighed. I felt like I wanted to cry, I feel like I'm using him and after all this he won't even want to see my face again. I can't stand losing friends, it's something which I never want to go back on, without them, I feel lost and empty. Especially cause these guys mean so much to me, it's completely out of the quesion to lose them.
I felt Jack move his hand to my lower back and rub his thumb over the fabric of my Stones shirt and it oddly soothed me. I like just sitting here with him - no words, no awkwards silence, or annoyance. Just the beautiful sounds of the ocean and the smell of salt in my nose. I swear I was dozing off when Jack spoke.

"Rayne?" He asked, making my heart jump and I let out a croaky-yelp and just about slipped off the rock. I tried to stop myself but I couldn't and closed my eyes tightly getting ready for the blow. I knew the rocks were sharp here, Rian and Zack climbed them before and I remember them acting like a married couple and Rian pushed Zack. He fell and almost killed himself on the stones, but luckily only had a few injuries. The second they cleared up he kicked Rian's ass.
And Alex got it all on tape.

"Woah, woah!" Jack yelled, catching me around my waist and pulling me up onto his lap. I was shaking, and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders - neck and breathed in heavily. Jack hugged me back, slightly rocking, and I felt his hot breath on my neck. He smelt like chocolate and deodorant. I don't know how he smelt like chocolate, only god knows what the child's been doing.
"Oh, I'm so sorry." I whispered and pulled away, pushing my forehead against his, I closed my eyes.

"No, it's grand, dont be sorry." He smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear. What am I doing?

I opened my eyes and looked at Jack, and we both spoke at the same time.
"Rayne, I was-"
"I have something to tell-"

We both laughed and I nodded at him to go first and she smiled, straightening up, "OK, uhm, well I was wondering.. We've been- we're getting close, and I'm starting to really like you, more than I've liked any girl to be honest. And I-I was wondering, will you be my girlfriend."

My face dropped, where did this come from? He's asking me out? But I can't, I'm going to hurt him so-

"Yes." Wait, what? You moron, no! I breathed and nodded, he smiled, looking like a kid who was given a few dollars and then thinking they were rich. He looked ecstatic, over the moon, and I was just about to crush that. He hugged me and whispered something I couldn't hear, and then kissed my cheek.

"What was it you wanted to say?" When he said that, I knew I was going to cry.

"Remember that night at Alex's party and we- uhmm.." He nodded at me, knowing what I was talking about. I nodded too.

"And?"

"Jack, I'm-"

"Yo dude!" I heard no one other than Alex yell and I snapped my gaze over to him and Zack, glaring. They climbed the rocks too and Alex practically laid on top of me. I looked down at him and glared and he widened his eyes at me and mouthed 'sorry'.
"So, ready for practice dude?" Zack asked, carefully descending from the rocks with the rest of u following. I felt numb, to be honest. Jack kissed my cheek before walking with Zack, deep in conversation. Heading towards Rian's house, I stayed by Alex.

"We came at a bad time, right?" He asked and frowned, I nodded my head. I wiped over my eyes, I knew I was going to cry but I didn't want to, and Alex gave me a side-hug.

"I was just about to tell him, and he asked me out and-gah!" I was really frustrated, I didn't know what to do anymore.

"Tell him in your own time, Ray, just not too far down the line."

~*~


"I'll talk to you later, Cass, bye." I smiled and hung up my phone. I was walking home from Rian's, the guy's practice went really well and I don't think I could be any more proud of them. They're amazing, and they had three original songs ready, I was over the moon.
I walked into my house and was greeted to my mom making dinner and I walked in, and hugged her from behind.

"Hey, baby, something wrong?" My mom giggled and I slightly nodded my head and she turned around, and took me in her arms.

"I made the biggest mistake of my life, mom." I sniffed.

"What was that, honey?" I though about it for a second, before realising, my mom and dad'll be so mad. They won't love me anymore. They'll hate me.

"You won't love me for it, you'll hate me." I sniffed looking up at her.

"No, don't say that. I'm you're mother and I will always love you no matter what so tell me what's wrong, love." While saying that she managed to drag me to the living room to sit down, and giving me a tissue to wipe my tears away. She taunted me for a further ten minutes after that to tell her what was wrong. I'm just glad my dad wasn't home yet.

I sniffed and looked down at my lap, "Mom, you know my friend Jack?" she nodded, at least she didn't make a comment about him. Actually, she did warm up to him after a while, she even called him her "son" at one point.
"Well, he.. He got me pregnant."

Her face dropped.
♠ ♠ ♠
:o I love you all so frickin' much!
~
CiaraLouiseElizabeth
foreverdead
NerdGlasses
Peter Gaskarth
XxMcKeyyxX
SunriseOnTheEastside