Status: im back!!

Sister, Sister

Ch.3 Prayin’ To A God I Don’t Believe In

A Darker Truth
Ch.3 Prayin’ To A God I Don’t Believe In
(Are You There God? It’s Me Dean Winchester)
I took a breath after Castiel disappeared. I awoke Dean and Bobby as I started explaining what happened. Dean agreed with me while Bobby wanted research and facts to back up anything. Now we were at Bobby’s and Sam disagreed with us. I was with Bobby researching as Sam and Dean were discussing what happened. I read a paragraph where it explained that nothing had the juice to pull out a soul from hell. I sighed as I stood and walked over to the guys. “Well, then tell me what else could it be?” Dean says “look all I know is Asia was not groped by an angel.” Sam argues “okay, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to Asia about it?” Dean replies “maybe he’s some kind of demon, demons lie.”
Bobby looks up at us and I point to the book I was reading and where I had placed a sticky note at he read it and let out a sigh. “A demon who’s immune to salt rounds and Devils Traps…and Ruby’s knife? Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing!” For some illogical reason I felt a rush of anger towards Sam for calling Castiel a thing. I finally cut in “don’t you think if angels real, some hunter, somewhere would have seen one…at some point…ever?” Dean nods in agreement with me. Sam retorts “yeah, you just did Asia.”
I roll my eyes as I say “I’m trying to come up with a theory here work with me.” Sam replies “guys we have a theory.” Dean says “yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please.” Sam cut in “okay, look I’m not saying we know for sure I’m just saying that I think we”- Dean cuts in “okay, okay. That’s the point. We don’t know for sure, I’m not gonna believe this thing is angel of the lord because it freaking says so!” Bobby finally cuts in “you three chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion or do you wanna come take a look at this?” We all walk over to Bobby. He says “I got stacks of lore. Biblical, pre-biblical, some of it’s in damn cuneiform. It al says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit.” Dean asks “what else?” Bobby replies “what else what?” I question “what else could do it?”
Bobby looks at me as he answers “airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell nothing.” Sam relieved says “guys, this is good news.” I ask “how?” Sam answers “for once this isn’t just another round of demon crap. I mean at least, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys, you know?” Dean replies “okay. Say it’s true there are angels. Then what? There’s a god?” Bobby answers “at this point, Vegas money moneys on yeah.” I doubtfully said “I don’t know guys.” Sam interrupts “okay look. I know you’re not all Catholic school girl or choir boy about this stuff, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof.” Dean in disbelief asks “proof?” Sam replies “yes.”
I interrupt him “proof that there’s a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally? I’m sorry but I don’t believe it.” Dean now curious and Sam still arguing ask “why not?” I answer “because why me? If there is a God out there why would he care about me?” Sam’s eyes soften as he starts “Asia”- I cut him off ranting “I mean I’ve saved people okay? I figured that made up for stealing money and using guys. But why do I deserve to be saved? I’m just a regular girl?” Sam replies “apparently you’re a regular girl that’s important to the man upstairs.” I shiver as I say “well, that creeps me out. I mean I don’t like being singled out at birthday parties…much less by…God.” Sam smiles smugly at me as he says “well, too bad Asia, because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat.” I shot him a glare as Dean says “alright. What do we know about angels?” Bobby gives us a ton of books as he says “start reading.” We look at each other and Sam says “Dean…” Dean says “you’re gonna get me some pie and Asia some cookies and cream ice cream. Five minutes into researching I tell Dean I’m gonna take a walk around the salvage yard so that I can absorb it all. “Don’t go too far out, Asia.” I rolled my eyes as I said “yeah, yeah, I know.” He added “and don’t take too long, I need some help with the research.”
I nodded as I strolled out of the house with my favorite .50 pistol. I jog to the back and walk away some as I close my eyes and call out “Adriel,” as soon as we had arrived at Bobby’s I had felt that we were being followed. After thirty seconds I hear a crunching and he comes out wearing a different person. “What happened to”- he cut me off “I was attacked. Don’t worry about this meat suit it’s just like the other one, no one inside but me.” He walked closer to me as he stood a few inches away and twirled a piece of my dark brown hair around his finger. I push him away after a few seconds and he says “last time I saw you; you poured salt down my throat.” I grimaced and said “I needed to know”- he nods and says “I know, so it’s true?” I confusedly ask “what?” He asks “an angel rescued you from the pit, Ana?”
I answered “we’re not sure.” He nods at me and looks thoughtful as I ask “you’re not afraid?” He shrugs and says “well, I’m helping you aren’t I?” I nod and he slips up “more than I can say for Ruby.” I shockingly asked “what? I thought she was dead? What’s going on Adriel?” He answers “I got to run. Got to keep a low profile you know. I’ll see you later, Ana.” I sigh frustrated but let him walk away knowing that he wasn’t going to answer my questions. As I walk back to Bobby’s Sam is just arriving and Bobby fills us in on the situation. I ride in my car as we go check up on Bobby’s friend. As we walk inside a scent hits my nostrils, death. As we walk towards her Dean says “EMF, Olivia was rocking the EMF meter.” Sam nods and says “spirit activity.” Dean finishes “on steroids.” I noticed “I’ve never seen a ghost do this to a person.”
Bobby enters his phone in hand and I ask “you alright, Bobby?” Bobby replies “I called some hunters nearby,” Dean interrupts “good, we can use their help.” Bobby continued “except they ain’t answering their phones either.” Sam asks “something’s up, huh?” Bobby snaps “you think?” The three of us shot each other looks as we all started calling hunters up and we checked up on them to find them dead. Dean’s on the phone with Bobby, first demons, angels, and now this? I headed back to Bobby’s as the boys stopped for gas. “Be careful, Asia.” Dean warned me I answered “always am.” As I arrive and enter I shout “Bobby!” I walk upstairs and as I turned the corner a figure appears. Ian, a werewolf who was killing people a while back that hadn’t known what he was doing and I fell in love with him during the case. “Hey, Asia,” he grinned at me.
###&&&***@@@###
I get knocked onto the wall and punched in the face as Ian screamed “you could have saved me! You should have found a way! I loved you!” A kick to the ribs follow by a blow to the face. “I’m sorry,” I brokenly whisper. He yells “I had a family!” A kick to the head and a slam to the floor as he punches me again. “I had a little brother! My parents are dead and I had to look after him! But no!” He kicks me in my back as he pulls my hair back. “You come to town with your brothers, I had no idea what was going on!” As he throws another punch I swiftly block it and he pulls me up and grabs me roughly and throws me into a table that breaks. Ouch, that hurt. “I was in love with you from the moment I saw you! If you would have just left I would be alive! My brother wouldn’t be doing drugs or alcoholic!
Tears brim in my eyes as I say “I’m sorry,” and I reached over and grabbed a fire poker as I swipe at him and slowly get up and limp downstairs. I barely can hold myself up and almost crash to the ground but Bobby, Dean, and Sam rush in looking pretty beat up. They look over at me to see me barely holding myself up and Sam and Dean rush over as Dean says “whoa,” when I almost fall. Dean sets me on a chair as Sam asks “so there all people we know?” Dean replies “not just know. People we couldn’t save. I saw something on Meg. Did she have a tattoo when she was alive?” I shook my head as I reset my nose.
Sam answers “I don’t think so.” Den says “it was like a mark on her hand almost like a brand,” I flash back to where Ian had roughly pulled me up and I caught a sign of the brand. Sam replies “I saw a mark too, on Henriksen.” I nod as I say “yeah, it saw it on Ian.” The boys eyed me as Sam shot me sympathy and Dean shot me a sad look. I shrugged at them.
*Ian says “I don’t want to die. I don’t. But I can’t live like this. This is the way you can save me. Please, I’m asking you to save me.” Asia shakes her head while Dean takes the gun from Ian and Sam guides Asia to another room. Sam is sniffling. “Asia, I’m sorry.” Dean tells her. Sam sniffles and says “Asia…” Asia says “no, you’re both right. He’s right.” Dean tenderly says “Lee, I got this one.” Sam offers “I’ll do it.” Asia determinedly says “he asked me to.” Dean replied “you don’t have to.” Asia closes her eyes and opens them and there shiny with tears threatening to fall as she says “yes I do, please.” She holds her hand out for the gun. Dean and Sam share a look. Sam nods and Dean hands the gun to Asia. Sam places a hand on Asia’s shoulder. “Just wait here,” she tells them both. Asia glances back at them; Sam had tears streaming down his face. Dean slowly turned and had a tear rolling down his cheek. Asia cleared her throat and set her face in determination her eyes closed as she tightened her grip on the gun. She steps into the room where Ian was. Sam sniffles when the shot is heard as Dean flinches at the sound.*
Bobby breaks the silence “what’d it look like?” Sam draws it and holds it up to us as I nod and Dean says “that’s it.” Bobby says “I may have seen this before. We got to move, follow me.” We follow Bobby downstairs as Sam asks “okay, where are we going?” Bobby remarks “some place safe you idiot.” Bobby takes us to his basement which is basically a safe house. “Bobby is this”- Bobby cuts him off “solid iron completely coated in salt. One hundred percent ghost proof.” Sam asks “you built a panic room?” Bobby nonchalantly says “I had a weekend off.”
Dean says “Bobby,” Bobby replies “what?” Dean and I in sync say “you’re awesome.” As we turned we saw a picture of Bo Derek I simply raise an eyebrow but don’t comment.
###&&&***@@@###
As were making rock salt bullets Dean says what I’ve been thinking “see this is why I can’t get behind God.” Sam asks “what are you talking about?” I explain “Dean means that if he doesn’t exist great, fine. Bad crap happens to good people. That’s life…we’re cool with that. But if he is out there what’s his problem? What’s wrong with him?” Dean finishes “where the hell is he when people are getting torn to shreds? How does he live with himself? You know why doesn’t he help?” Sam looks over at Bobby for help but Bobby answers “I ain’t touching this one with a 10 foot pole- found it.” Sam asks “what?” Bobby answered “the symbol you saw-the brand on the ghosts…yeah? Mark of the witness.” Sam asked “witness? Witness to what?” Bobby replied “the unnatural. None of them died what you’d call ordinary deaths. See these ghosts-they were forced to rise. They woke up in agony, they were like rabid dogs. It ain’t their fault. Someone rode them…on purpose.” Sam asked “who?”
Bobby answered “do I look like I know? But whoever it was used a spell so powerful it left a mark, a brand on their souls. Whatever di this had big plans. It’s called ‘Rising of the Witnesses.” It figures into an ancient prophecy.” Wait! No way…. “Wait, wait, wait…what-what book does is the prophecy come from?” Bobby answers him “well, the widely distributed version’s just for tourists, long story short”- I cut him as I breathlessly say “Revelations…guys this is a sign,” Sam and Dean both looked at me and in sync asked “sign of what?” I answered “the apocalypse.” Dean shocked asked “apocalypse? The apocalypse-apocalypse? The four horsemen, pestilence, $5-a-gallon gas apocalypse?” Bobby answers “that’s the one. The Rise of the Witnesses is a mile marker.” Sam asked “so what do we do now?”
Dean answers “road trip, Grand Canyon, Star Trek Experience, Bunny Ranch,” I roll my eyes as Bobby replies “first things first-how about we survive our friends out there? Great,” Dean asks “any ideas aside from staying in this room until judgment day?” Bobby ignores him as he says “it’s a spell. To send the witnesses to rest, should work…” he trailed off and I raised my eyebrows. Sam replies “should? Great,” Dean asks “any chance you got everything we need here in this room?” I sighed at them and shook my head. I was still bruised after my encounter with Ian. Bobby questioned “so did you think our luck was gonna start now all of a sudden? Spell’s got to be cast over an open fire.”
I suggest “fire place in the library.” Bobby nods as he says “bingo.” Dean protests “that’s just as appealing as a ghost proof room, you know?” I huffed as I pushed myself off the table I was leaning on and walked over to my brothers and smacked them upside the head, “stop your whining you big babies.” Dean and Sam rubbed their heads as Sam sent me a glare and Dean stuck his tongue out at me. I sighed as I rolled my eyes and looked at Bobby who shrugged.
###&&&***@@@###
As we leave the panic room Bobby instructs “cover each other, and aim careful. Don’t run out of ammo until I’m done, or they’ll shred you, ready?” As we continue walking by the stairs we see a ghost sitting on the steps. I immediately recognized him, Ronald. Ronald asked “hey, Dean, you remember me?” Ronald had been shot when we worked a case and he believed the killer was a man droid but it was actually a shape shifter and he died when the police tried to stop us.
Dean answers “Ronald huh, with the laser eyes? I wish I could say it’s good to see you.” I shook my head, really Dean? Out of everything he wants to chat with a ghost? Ronald said “I am dead because of you. You were supposed to help me!” Bobby shoots Ronald and tells us “if you’re gonna shoot, shoot. Don’t talk,” We walk to the living room, Sam and I create the salt circle around Bobby’s area. Dean makes the fire and Bobby prepares for the spell. Bobby tells Sam “upstairs linen closet-red hex box, it’ll be heavy.” Sam replied “got it.”
Then two little girls appeared and one says “Bobby,” I shoot her as Dean shoots the other one. Bobby yells at Dean “kitchen, cutlery drawer, it’s got a false bottom. Hemlock, opium, wormwood.” Dean asks “opium?” Bobby yells “go!” I stayed to protect Bobby as the two girls appear and I shoot one while the other says “Bobby. You walked right by us while that monster ate us all up.” I loaded my guns as my nerves were haywire. As the other girl appeared and said “you could have saved us.” I shot them both and start to reload my gun as I heard bangs from the kitchen and then Ian appears and he says that one word “Lily,” and I pause in reloading my gun. No one ever called me that, he had cut my weird ass name short and had called me that when we made love. I gulped this was the only man I ever loved, and had given my whole self too. “Ian,” I whispered softly in the back of my head I noticed Bobby had continued with the spell.
I looked at Ian’s ghostly face, his blue eyes burned in anger as his hair was in that perfect ruffled look. He stated through gritted teeth “when you shot me…you didn’t shed a tear. But that’s your motto right? Cold hearted bitch right?” Tears brimmed in my eyes and I wiped my eyes as Dean and Sam ran in to the room. I looked back at Ian and with tears I said “sorry,” and shot him. I sighed ad Déjà vu hit me, I had shot him just like I had before. I remembered my job burned into my head. The job comes first; you can mourn after you get it done. I reloaded my gun as Ronald appeared in front of Dean “Ronald. Hey c’mon man, I thought we were a pal,” Ronald said “that’s when I was breathing. Now I’m gonna eat you alive.”
Dean laughed as he said “well, come on. I’m not a cheeseburger.” Dean aims and Ronald disappears as a gust of wind blows the salt circle. Meg appears and Sam shoots her, as Bobby continues the spell and Ronald appears and I shoot him. Ian appears in front of me and I shoot him. As I reload my gun it’s knocked out of my hands by Ian. Dean’s gun is swiped away by Henriksen and I swoop down and grab a fire poker as does Dean and swiped at Ian. I see Meg trap Sam as he struggles and Dean and I yell “Sam!” Sam yells “cover Bobby!” As ghosts crowd us I swipe at the two little girls. Meg approaches Bobby and grips his heart and Dean and I yell “Bobby!” Ian now in front of me sends me a nasty grin as he digs his hand into my heart and the fire poker falls out of my hand. I grimace in pain. It felt like he was trying to squeeze every last drop of blood from my beating heart. Dean turns to me “Asia!” I see Bobby drop the bowl and we both yell “Dean!” Dean makes a great save and throws it into the fire. As soon as he does the ghost disappear.
I fall to my knees but get to my feet as Sam and Bobby also had fallen and I hurry and help Bobby up. I asked “you okay Bobby?” He nodded. I touched my chest lightly as I grimaced.
###&&&***@@@###
A few hours afterward I pull put my phone as I walked about a mile away from the salvage yard. “Sweetheart, what do I owe the pleasure?” I hear Adriel’s voice on the end and say “I need to talk to you, right now. Alone,” there was a moment of silence and he said “okay. Be there ASAP.” I said “I need answers,” and swiftly hung up.
###&&&***@@@###
“Is it true?” I asked Adriel. Adriel asked “is what true?” I replied “the apocalypse. Is it true? The whole deal with the witnesses?” He nodded and said “yeah, so far from my side yeah it’s true. They don’t exactly give me all the details though.” I asked hesitantly “what do you know about my…abilities?” His eyes widened and said “Lilith’s mentioned it.” I nodded and asked “any news on Ruby?” He scoffed and said “that bitch is alive as far as I know. Demons are hunting her though.” I nodded, of course Sam knew. He was lying to us. I asked “what more do you know about the apocalypse?” He shrugs as he says “I told you, not enough. But I’ll keep an ear out. What I can tell you is that something’s coming. Something big and it’s not like anything we’ve dealt with before. So be careful out there.” I nodded and said “always am.” He gave me a look as he scoff and turned around as I watched him walk away.
###&&&***@@@###
I went to sleep on the couch, Dean and Sam on the floor. I felt my eyes open and I looked around and saw Castiel in Bobby’s kitchen. As I walked towards him I saw his eyes drop down to the floor. I looked down to see I only had on shorts and a camisole. Guess looking was a sin. There’s something like that in the bible right? His faced was outlined in the dark and his eyes seemed cold. His eyes lifted to meet mine and they looked frigid not like last time, well the first time we spoke.
I pause in front of him and he said “excellent job with the witnesses.” I looked into his eyes and noticed how they seemed too wise, too old, like he had seen too much in his lifetime. That’s when it occurs to me what he said and I asked shocked “you knew?” He nodded as he said “I was made aware of.” I shook my head as I said “well thanks for the help. Dean, Bobby and I almost got our hearts ripped out of our chests.” His eyes slid down to said thing and he took in the bruises that were forming, they were a deep blue purple color, but I had, had worse. He closed his eyes for a second but briefly I had a twinge of emotion in them before he went back to Mr. Emotionless as he said “but you didn’t.”
I shook my head in disbelief as I crossed my arms, my patience is thin if you hadn’t noticed and replied “you know I thought angels were supposed to protect, not, not give a rat’s ass.” He replied “read the bible. Angels are warriors of God. I am a soldier.” I asked “then why not do something?” He retorted “I am not here to perch on your shoulder. We had larger concerns.” I shook my head, what the hell was wrong with him as I said “really? There were people dying down here. And while this is going on where the hell was your boss? If there is a God?!” Castiel immediately said “there is a God.” I shook my head as I took a step closer and replied “I’m not convinced, cause if there is a God what’s he waiting for to do a damn thing? Monsters roaming the Earth? Genocide?”
Castiel replied “the Lord works”- I cut him by waving by finger in his face as he leaned on the counter and I said “don’t say mysterious ways!” He held his hands up in surrender I continued “so Bobby, Adriel”- he flinched at the name but I ignored it as I continued “and I are right? About the witnesses…it’s a sign of the apocalypse?” Castiel nods as he says “that’s why we’re here…big things afoot.” I shook my head as I looked back up at him and asked “do I want to know what kinds of things?” Up until now I realized how tall he was. He was just a little shorter than Dean’s six feet. I had to look up because of my five feet five inches. Castiel shook his head as he said “I sincerely doubt it. But you need to know, the Rising of the Witnesses is one of the 66 seals.” I nodded as he continued “those seals are being broken by Lilith.”
I asked “she’s did the spell? She rose the witnesses?” Castiel nods and says “um huh and not just here, 20 other hunters are dead.” I nodded as I said “of course she chose the victims hunters couldn’t save to go right after us.” Castiel in agreement replies “Lilith has a certain sense of humor.” I replied “but we put the spirits back to rest.” Castiel answers “it doesn’t matter. The seal was broken.” I asked “why break the seal?” Castiel explains “you think of seals as locks on a door.” I nodded and questioned “okay, last one opens and?” Castiel answered “Lucifer walks free.”
Shocked I asked “Lucifer? As in the devil? Like the devil, devil? But I thought that was just something losers said to put the blame on someone else.” Castiel replied “three days ago you thought there was no such thing as me. Why do you think we’re walking among you for the first time in 2000 years?” I answered “to stop Lucifer.” He nodded “that’s why we arrived.” Suddenly I blew up “you couldn’t have explained sooner? We could have possibly saved a seal?! If only you and Adriel”-he cut me off “which reminds me you’re conspiring with a demon.” It comes out more like a statement than question as I answer “more like using.” He looked me dead in the eye “you will end all ties dealing with him, as soon as possible.”
I shook my head in anger as I said “he’s helped me out more than you angels have. I mean you guys let this seal brake”- he clenched his jaw as he looked down at me his stance rigid as I saw his coiled anger as he said “we tried. And there are other battles, other seals. Some we’ll win, some we’ll lose. This one we lost. Our numbers are not limited”-as he took a step closer I saw how close we actually were, he didn’t seem to know what personal space was.
I shook my head as he continued “six of my brothers and sisters died in the field of work. You think the armies of heaven should just follow you around? There’s a bigger picture here,” he stepped even closer and this time his eyes were as cold as ice as they glared into my green ones and our faces were centimeters away as he spoke with passion and anger. His monotone bordering on scary but my heart was still racing, what the hell is wrong with me?
“You should show me some respect. I dragged you out of hell; I can throw you back in.” I gulped at his words as I trembled and with one last look he vanished.
###&&&***@@@###
I gasp as I bolt up on the couch. I heard movement in the kitchen and saw Dean was up and eating as Sam sat beside me and tied his shoes. I was pale and clammy Castiel’s threat repeating in my head. Hell, back to hell, he wouldn’t do it right? Sam noticed my state and asked “are you alright? What’s wrong Asia?” This causes Dean to come over and I look at them both as I said “Dean I know you’re not all choir boy about this but Sam you have no problem believing in…God and angels?” Sam and Dean exchanged a look as I ran a hand through my hair. Sam answered “no, not really.” I looked at them both as I said “so I guess that means you believe in the devil?” Sam sends Dean a look as concern etched their faces and Dean asks “why are you asking all of this?” I sighed as I took a deep breath as I began to replay Castiel’s visit in my dream. But Dean of course interrupted.
“Wait…you had a dream about Castiel?” I rolled my eyes at Dean’s smirk and said “no, he…appeared in my dream.” Dean raised an eyebrow as I said “dude, he’s like an angel. That’s got to be a sin or something.” Dean shrugged but didn’t wipe the smirk off his face as I continued with the story excluding the dragging me to hell part.
♠ ♠ ♠
{AN: I am going to try to update this as much as possible along with my other stories.}