‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

First night and an unwelcome surprise

“CAMMMY!!!” I moved my bright yellow I-phone away from my ear letting Luke get all his little girly screams out.

“Nice to talk to you too,” I laughed as he continued with his screams, I feel bad for his neighbors who are probably wondering what the fuck is wrong with him. “So I take it you heard the amazing news?” I asked smiling.

“You mean that part were you are going to be one of the starting pitchers for the LA Dodgers? No I don’t think I heard about that.”

“Oh too bad,” I told him sighing over dramatically.

“OH MY GOD CAMMY!!” He yelled again, “its going to be just like high school all over again,” he told me squealing like a teenage girl.

“Oh my gosh I hope not,” I told him laughing, “I actually hope my team likes me this time.”

“How could they not?”

“Good question.” There was silence for a long time, “hey Luke can I ask you a huge favor?”

“Of course buttercup,” I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Can I be your roommate pretty, pretty please?” I asked him pleading that he would let me live with him.

“Well uh Cammy see the thing is that Car—“

“Please Luke! I don’t care that you snore or that you have a bug problem—okay I care about that, bugs are creepy and weird. But please I’ll help pay the bills and anything else. I just need some place to live and someone to talk to and please Luke, I’ll be out of your hair as soon as I find some place to live.” I was begging, practice started in 1 week and I was still apartment searching, with no place to go, Luke was my last resort.

“You really don’t care about anything?” He asked, and I shook my head no, but then realized we were talking over the phone.

“No, I really don’t care. So can I come live with you?” I asked with hope filling my voice.

“Of course,” I screamed and jumped around in the hotel I was in. “Where are you at, I’ll come pick you up.” I gave him the name of the hotel I was at, and packed my bags franticly. An hour later I was in Luke’s Range Rover and headed off to his house.

“So were do you live?” I asked casually picking at my jeans.

“In LA not to far from the stadium, you know I live by the beach?” He asked with a huge grin on his face.

I gasped and started jumping in my seat, “No fucking way! This is going to be awesome living with my best friend!”

His face went from a smile to a frown in about 2 seconds. “See Cam what I was trying to tell you about my house is that Car—“

I interrupted him again, “I seriously don’t care what’s wrong with your house. I just really need a place to stay until I find my own.”

“Okoie dokie then,” It was silent for the rest of the way there except the soft sounds of the stereo that played in the back round. We pulled up to this house that was huge. It was two stories and it had a bunch of palm trees in the front yard. The drive way wrapped around the house. The beach was probably a 3 minute walk from his house. And the house was absolutely gorgeous! It was Moroccan themed; it was full of bright colors and tile.

Luke took noticed to my astonishment, “Like?”

“More like love! Luke were the hell did you get money to pay for a house like this?” I asked shocked as he led me up to the front door.

“The Dodgers pay well my dear friend, anyways as I was saying in the car I have somebody here living with me also so that means you have two rooms to chose from, and yes they both have bathrooms.”

I turned to look at him, “You have another roomy?”

He just chuckled, “If you turned on your ears when I talked you would know that already.”

I grumbled whatever before he gave me a quick tour of the house: The kitchen, the many bathrooms, the patio, all the rooms, and the gym. “Seems like you have everything,” I smiled at him and he nodded.

“Sure do, uh Cam I know you just got here and everything but I gotta head into town, do you need anything while I’m out?” I shook my head no and gave him a quick hug. I carried all my stuff upstairs and I picked the first room that I saw, and threw my stuff on the big bed in the middle of the room. I started to unpack my room and make it homier, I finished around 9 o’clock, and I figured that I would just go to bed early tonight and have a fresh start tomorrow.

*


I was woken up at 7 o’clock by the team manger letting us know that all the newbies had an interview with the local news station today. Deciding that I wasn’t tired enough to go back to bed I got up and started to make pancakes for Luke, my way of saying thank you for letting me live with you. Just as I finished rinsing off the dishes I heard foot steeps behind me, I turned around going to give the person a hug but stopped short as I realized that the person wasn’t Luke. I was standing face to face with a brown hair blue eye cutie.

“Uh—wow awkward, you must me Luke’s other roomy?” I asked nervously pulling at the ends of my shorts trying to make them cover up my legs.

Carter’s POV

I was woken up by pots and pans being tossed around, I groaned knowing that it was Luke trying to cook again. I slipped my legs in a pair of skinny jeans and threw on a random shirt, then I walked downstairs. I wasn’t expecting there to be a girl in the kitchen making pancakes, I froze momentarily looking at this girl. She was hot, brown hair, long tan legs and a very curvy body. She turned around about to give me a hug but stopped short.

“Uh—wow awkward, you must me Luke’s other roomy?” She asked pulling down her shorts trying to cover those long legs, I felt my pants tighten. Fuck! I don’t even know the chick and she can already make me crazy.

“That would be me and you are?” I asked smirking, hoping she was into one night stands.

“Luke’s sister, so don’t get any ideas big boy,” she told me returning my smirk and panting me on the chest. My mouth opened and then closed and then opened again, she just laughed. “Don’t think to hard, you might hurt yourself but I’m kidding I’m Luke’s other roomy.” She told me smiling, “I’m Cam, and who are you?” I stopped breathing, and looked at her. She was definitely the same Cam that walked out of my life her life.

“I’m leaving, goodbye.” I told her coldly before running back up to my room as soon as I walked in there I let out a huge breath I didn’t even know I was holding. I knew that what I was doing was childish, but I didn’t care, she didn’t deserve to be treated any better. For all I care she could fall off the side of the earth, Cam was dead to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I"M BACKKKKK BITCHES!!!!
Luke's lovely house
Cam's new room
I couldnt figure out if i should post this today or tomorrow, but i figured you guys waited long enough.... SO HERE YOU GO MY LOVELIES<3