‹ Prequel: Passion

Written in the Stars

Just because you have it doesn’t mean you deserve it

“I would like to welcome the newest members of the L.A. Dodgers, give it up for Brian, Juan and Camille!” The over cheery hostess yelled standing up from her seat and hugging each one of us. “Sit, sit please,” she gestured to the bright green chairs surrounding her. “Well would you guys like to introduce yourself to the audience?”

“I’m Brian and I play center field.” The tall tan boy spoke waving his hand at the camera.

“The name is Juan,” another boy spoke this one with black hair and he was really short, obviously a second baseman, “and I play second base.”

Then it was my turn to speak, I froze up not really sure what to do. I looked for the camera and right when I made eye contact with it and I smile, “My name is Camille, but I go by Cam.” I told the camera shyly. “Oh! I pitch and I’m a utility player.”

“So were did you guys grow up at?” The hostess asked, pretending to be interested.

“Well I grew up in New Mexico but at the age of 16 I left home and moved to California by myself in hopes of making it big in the baseball league, I guess it worked.” Juan chuckled and the hostess nodded.

“I grew up in New York City, not really the place to be for baseball so when I turned 13 my parents and I moved to Texas were I continued my journey that led me here.” Brian spoke up smiling at the hostess who again nodded.

“What about you sweetie?” She asked me staring me down; I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

“No where special, I was born and raised in Florida.” I shrugged and she nodded her head looking at her notes.

“It says here you went to a baseball school when you turned 15, tell me about that.” I froze remembering the time when I lived there.

“Please stop, I’m begging you.” I cried as the boys ranging from age 14 to 18 repeatedly kicked my stomach and my legs.

“This will teach you that no girls should EVER play baseball!” A boy who I recognized to be Josh screamed in my face delivering the last blow to my rib-cage. When they all left I lifted my broken body of the floor and over to the bathroom to inspect the damage. It was no more than usual, bruised body that would make tomorrow playing hell, and possibly a few cracked ribs. I sighed pulling my shirt down, days like these made me want to go running home, but my father wouldn’t take me back. I had no where to go, no one to look out for me, I was alone.


“It was alright, but I mean who wants to leave there family?” I laughed nervously as the boy Juan nodded his head.

“I know how you feel sister!” He patted me on the head laughing.

“So Cam how is it like being the only female in the MBL?”

“Well I mean we haven’t started the season yet, so I really don’t know. But the climb to the top wasn’t easy,” I flinched remembering the bruises on my fragile body. “But I’m glad I am where I am today,” I smiled a genuine smile.

“So Brian tell me about –“

I tuned out after this; the show was over as soon as a started it seems and we were ushered out by the team manger telling us we had the rest of the day off, but come tomorrow morning we were meeting with the team. I took the bus home, seeing that my car was still in Florida. When I got home Luke was sitting on the couch watching T.V.

“Did you see the interview?” I asked sitting next to him.

“Yup, but I know that you lied your ass off about the school, so when you’re ready your telling me the truth, got it?” He asked not taking his eyes off the T.V.

“Sir, yes sir,” I saluted him. “Did you like the pancakes I made you?”

“Sure did, they were the bomb; you’re cooking from now on. Oh! I almost forgot did you meet the other room mate?” He asked raising his eye brow.

“Yes, but he only flirted with me and then after I told him my name he got on his man period and ran upstairs, I swear you boys are more confusing then us girls.” With this I headed upstairs and into my room, I closed and locked the doors before stripping down to take a shower. I got out and dried my hair and got changed. The banging on my door made me snap out of my daze.

“Yes?”

“Were all going out to dinner, wanna come?” Luke asked threw the door and I shouted a yes before busting out of my room and running downstairs. I managed to a stop right before I got to the door seeing Luke and mystery boy standing there. He looked very familiar but I couldn’t put a name to the face, I just hope it wasn’t one of the boys from the school.

“Feed me food Lucas!” I yelled rubbing my stomach.

“Okay, okay you all ready to go Carter?” Bingo! It was Carter, Carter Fisher. Then it just all made since, Luke not wanting me to stay because Carter was here, Carter leaving during breakfast when I told him my name. Fuck, I’m horrible at picking up hints!

“Uh yea,” he shrugged uncomfortably as we all got into Luke’s car. The trip to the restaurant was complete silence; it was awkward to say the least. The Host sat us at a booth in a more private part of the restaurant, Luke and Carter sat across from me.

Luke looked at me apologetically before announcing he had to go to the bathroom. The awkward silence was unbearable, “so Carter how has life been treating you?” I asked hoping to break the ice, he just snarled at me.

“Fuck off Cam!”

“Excuse me?” I asked confused, Carter was never rude to me.

“You heard me, look for Luke’s sake we can be civil in front of him but when he’s not around I don’t even want to look at you!” He whispered harshly at me.

“Fine!” I whispered harshly back.

Luke took this opportunity to come back to the table, “everything worked out?”

“Were the best of friends,” I told him smiling as wide as I could.

“Yep, best friends forever.” I froze at the words getting the reaction that Carter wanted from me.

“Cam, please just, lets just be friends? Okay, I don’t want to lose you.” He pleaded with me and I gave him a small smile.

“Best friends forever,” he laughed and smiled.

“Best friends forever,” he repeated.


I blinked the memories away and put on a fake smile, Luke bought it and dinner continued smoothly. We all placed our orders with the blond bimbo of a waitress. “So Carter where are you working?” I asked picking at the rapper the straw came in.

“The same place you are,” he told me smirking.

“You play for the Dodgers?” I asked confused.

“Nope, Luke got me a job working the maintenance crew there.”

I nodded my head, “how’s your brother?”

Carter frowned, “still an asshole.” I smirked knowing I had struck a nerve. He glared at me, “how’s your father?”

I frowned knowing the score was even now, “still a dick wad.”

“Well we better get going! We all have a big day tomorrow!” Luke clapped his hands together noticing our heated conversation.

“Yeah one second,” Carter turned to the waitress whispering something in her ear. She slipped a piece of paper in his pocket smiling.

I frowned at his actions, Carter walked around me, “Jealous much?”

I snarled at him, “You wish lover boy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam's Outfit
NEW LAYOUT GUYS!!!
Well anyways I want to thank ALL my readers and suscribers. You guys make me all warm and fuzy on the inside(;
Have a wounderful fourth of july weekend. <3