I Wish I Could Be the One

Almost...easy.

9 MONTHS LATER…

The boys finished up their studio album and it was a hit…so much so…that they were going back out on tour in a couple months, and this time they had the full backing and support of their record label. That meant…no more VAN living! Although, I’m sure everyone will miss traveling like that…NOT…we were all beyond ecstatic. We had all kind of started branching out into our things as well. Benny and Lee both got picked up for some acting and modeling work. Zacky’s new girl, Gena, had just put a down payment on a new salon…did we ever take advantage of that! Lacey was teaching…which is why we decided her and Johnny got along so well…she was use to dealing with crazy, screaming children all day. And me…well, I kind of got “discovered” so to speak, during my past “merch girl” phase. One of the promoters of that last tour remembered me when we met up at a record party one night. So I had become a model…of sorts. It just so happened to be lingerie that I had to wear…which made Mr. Gates, both very excited and very angry sometimes. But things were going great and money was rolling in for all of us, and Hanes and I were extremely close to getting our House of Mirrors, so I reminded him that he couldn’t complain too much.

Besides…for all my efforts…he was going to get his beloved ‘Beamer’ from me for a wedding present. I was hoping that would shut him up for a little while at least.

It was now a week before our wedding. The girls and I had spent the last couple of months working feverishly on all the gory details. There had been a few MAJOR discussions between Hanes and I about what the color scheme was going to be (red or purple). We ended up compromising (kind of) and went with such a deep maroon color, that it almost looked purple. Then we had to have an argument about the guys wearing gray or black…we went with charcoal. I decided on a white dress…even though my hardcore Catholic grandmother thought I should have gone with a less ‘pure’ color. She would have never assumed any different if my brother’s hadn’t told her so much about our ‘van touring days’. And Brian got the classic black ensemble.

We were also a little concerned about whom to choose as Best Man and Maid of Honor. I wanted Val, Hanes wanted Jimmy…but we both wanted to keep couples together. In the end, we decided on Val and Jimmy. The rest of the line-up consisted of Shads with Leana, JB with Taylor (his girl), Matt with Andrea (his girl), Zacky with Gena, and Johnny with Lacey. It worked out well because the height line looked perfect in the ‘official’ pics.

The flowers ended up being an easy choice. We picked out mauve colored roses, a few lighter shades off from the dress and tie color. The roses matched Val and Jimmy’s colors perfectly, so they got dark maroon flowers for their bouquet and boutonnière.

The cake was a simple chocolate/white marble with different frosting flavors on each tier. But all colored and shaped to match our maroon, mauve, and rose theme.

So other than the color arguments, it looked as though we might actually pull this off without a hitch…

That is until I went for my last dress fitting with the girls…