I Wish I Could Be the One

I've Got a Secret...

“Mrs. Haner…you look so…hot tonight…and sexy…and schmexy…and hot…and gorgeous…and beautiful…and did I say hot, already?” Brian smiled as he kissed me for the millionth time that day.

“Like…a lot of times…yeah.” I kissed him back, running my tongue gently over his bottom lip. “Mmmmm, you’re delicious. I don’t know if I’ll be able to control myself until after the reception.”

“Oh babe…don’t get me going yet…I still have a surprise for you.” He slowly pulled away.

“Ummm…I have a few for you as well.” I kissed his nose and his forehead.

“Mine first…” As he got up and went over to the stage where a band was set up and playing.

“Could I get my wife and our wedding party out onto the dance floor please?” Brian spoke through the microphone as we made our way out on the floor as he asked. “What’s he up to?” I asked the girls.

“Sweets, we honestly don’t know…we only knew about your honeymoon.” Val answered.

“Ok…well…I had thought and thought and thought about which song to choose for our first dance, since I demanded that my bride let me pick it out…being the musical God that I am…” We all giggled on cue. “When I finally found the perfect one, I thought I would just sing it for her up here…but then, that would defeat the purpose of our first dance, wouldn’t it?”

“Get to it Haner…we don’t have all night…you have a plane to catch in like, 10 hours…” Papa G. heckled from the crowd.

“Yeah, yeah…anyway…the song I choose is a special one. It’s one that I wish I could have written first, because it fits. Now I know that the first dance is suppose to just be the bride and groom…but it dawned on me how much the words mean to everyone in the band. So I took the liberty to assume my new wife wouldn’t mind sharing this moment with her closest friends.” God, I loved this man…

“Anyway…to get on with it like my dad said, I’d like to introduce a special guest singer tonight…” Everyone immediately started searching the crowd to see who was there. “He’s going to sing a few songs for us, but this first one is going to be specifically for our ladies and my wife…everyone, please welcome Mr. Michael Buble.” I quickly gasped, as I rushed over to my baby…I knew exactly which song this would be…everyone started clapping and cheering as Michael came out on the platform.

As the guys took us into their arms and the first few notes of “Home” started playing, we all pretty much started sobbing uncontrollably. Even the guys had tears in their eyes for the second time that day.

“I hope you don’t mind sharing our first dance…” Brian whispered to me.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, baby…thank you so much…this truly means the world to me. I love you more than I ever thought I possibly could.” I cried into his neck.

**

Once we all changed into some more comfortable clothing…as my wedding dress had become more constricting as the day wore on. I felt it was time for my first surprise of the evening. It was ironic that the surprises we were giving each other, were so intertwined with music. It was obviously our life, so not surprisingly both of our gifts involved it.

It was now my turn to stand up on the platform. “Do you think I could have my new father-in-law, Mr. Vengeance and Mr. Christ join me up here?”

They quickly came out with guitars in hand and some stools. Brian’s eyes widened as Zacky handed me my very own guitar. That’s right, I had never really let on that I had secretly been taking lessons…just for this moment. I wasn’t going to play the whole time though…I had singing to concentrate on too.

“Ok, my husband already looks shocked and he hasn’t even heard the song yet.” I laughed into the mike. “Don’t worry babe, I’ve been taking lessons from Papa, so I’ll try and do you proud…” He just stood there with a stupid grin and shook his head.

“So, since music is such a big part of our lives, I also wanted to give my husband a little serenade tonight. This is his favorite song ever…whether or not he’ll admit it…he’s got a reputation to protect. But I’m outing him tonight.” His eyebrows rose a little in disbelief. He would have never assumed I’d learn this song. “Here it goes…just for you baby…” As I started strumming the guitar in my hands, with back up from Papa, Zacky & Johnny…I lead myself into the first verse of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. Jeff Buckley’s version was Brian’s favorite, so I tried to make it sound like that.

Tears immediately came to his eyes as he just kept shaking his head in disbelief. By the end of the song, I was pretty much crying too and shaking like a leaf. I was pretty nervous, as I wasn’t into the whole “being up on stage” thing.

He came to me as soon as we finished the song and just held me for what seemed like forever. “I love you so much, Bree. You have officially made me the happiest man on this earth. Thank you so much for my gift. And even though I absolutely love my new ‘Beamer’…what you just did for me was the most amazing thing you could have ever given me…” He kissed me with so much love and passion…I felt compelled to let him in on my bigger present right then instead of waiting for later…

“Do you want to make a bet?” I asked devilishly.

“About what?”

“I’ve got another 'gift'.” I smirked as I kissed his soft lips.

“Babe there is nothing you could do or say that would possibly top what you just did…” He insisted.

“Well how about this one…” I said as I leaned up into him and put my mouth to his ear so I could whisper what my better surprise was.

“What??? Babe? Say that again?” He looked stunned. Which is exactly the reaction I was going for.

“I just told you I was pregnant…” I smiled sheepishly. I knew it might take a few more times until it sunk in.

“Holy shit! Are you fucking serious, BeBe?” He freaked as he started grinning from ear to ear and jumping up and down.

“As a heart attack, babe.” I grinned back at him.

“Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Hey…hey…guys, guys…mom, dad…everyone…” The people ‘in the know’ had already started chuckling. “I’m fucking pregnant! I mean she’s pregnant…my wife…shit…WE’RE preggars!!” As everyone started cheering and clapping.

“Well no shit, dude…didn’t you see her boobs hanging out of her wedding dress?” Jimmy teased him.

“Well, yeah…but I thought she did it on purpose so I’d have a boner through the whole ceremony…to get me back for punking her.” He laughed.

“No babe…it was not done on purpose…trust me. I had major dress problems, I’ll tell you all about it while we’re soaking up some Mediterranean sun…but I should have thought about doing something like that, it would have been perfect payback. Now, I’ll have to just think of something better…” I smiled as I again pressed my lips against his.

I could not wait to start the rest of my life with this man and our baby…