I Wish I Could Be the One

Back at the Ranch...

“Hanes, the boy’s principal called…he wants us to go see him down at the school.” I walkie-talkied Brian, considering I was too lazy to go down to his music room where all the guys were hanging out.

“Why?” He beeped me back.

“To talk about next school year.” I answered.

“What about it?” School was never a good subject to talk to him about.

“He sounds concerned about having more than 3 Haner boys in the same school at the same time.” Jake and Luke would be going into the 2nd grade, Zeke would be in 1st and Cole would be entering Kindergarten. Everything was on the same campus.

“Why?” Brian asked quietly. He already knew the answer.

“Because he thought the first two was too many. Then there were three. Now the teacher’s are panicking I guess.” I replied sarcastically…I didn’t like the school subject either.

“Does he know there’s more after that?”

“Yeah, remember he talked to us at Open House that night, when Rowan spilled the paint all over the floor?” I reminded him. We laughed about that for days.

“Well what does he want us to do for fuck’s sake?” He sounded like he was getting a little aggravated now.

“Look into private schools…”

“Fuck him…my boys are staying right where they are then.” He yelled into the speaker. “We do not pay ba-zillions of dollars in taxes to this city, just so we can piss our money away on private schools for the boys…only for them to get kicked out anyway…I’m not doing it BeBe…let me know when he wants to see us…I’ll be there, with fucking bells on.” He ranted.

“Ummm…Gates?”

“Yeah, BeBe?”

“Have I ever told you how hot you sound when you’re pissed?” I teased.

“I do?”

“Absolutely…I can see it now; your brow is a little furrowed. You’re eyes are all sparkly. That jaw of yours is set in place. Your hands are making fists, which makes your forearms and biceps flex…which of course gets me all hot and bothered just thinking about it…how am I doing with the description?” I asked in my best husky tone.

“Perfect.” Was all I could hear on the other end.

“Is there anything else that’s flexing yet?” I teased again.

“Maybe.” Obviously not a man of many words today…

“How about you take a break from your ‘guy’ time then?” I whispered.

“I’ll be right up…” He immediately responded.

All of a sudden, Shads phone beeped into mine. “Berry…we’re writing…and…practicing.” He was trying his best to sound annoyed. He had definitely mellowed since he and Val got married and had their own kiddies…they ended up with a boy and girl and then stopped…because Hanes and I scared them out of having any more.

“I don’t care Shadly; because I have skills I need to practice too. Like, right now. So you lose out…so sorry.”

“You just have to have it now, huh…while we’re here?”

“Yup.” I nodded, even though Shads couldn’t see me.

“You must be pregnant again…” He laughed.

“Not yet, but my hubby just got here so I have to go work on that…” I shut the phone off.

“Work on what BeBe?” Brian asked as he closed our bedroom door.

“Making a baby…” I laughed as he cocked his eyebrow.

“Shads thinks I’m pregnant again because I’m told him I couldn’t wait for you guys to finish practicing, to get laid.” I told him about our conversation.

“Are you?” He asked looking suspicious.

“Not…yet…but I’m hoping you can help me with that…” I reasoned as he untied my robe.

“Ummm…I see you’re ready for me…” He smiled knowingly.

“I was undressing as I was talking to you.” I grinned.

“Yeah, I could tell.” He panted a little.

“Is that why you’re out of breath already?” I just gazed at his gorgeous arms, as he flipped off his sneakers and started undoing his belt.

“Yeah, I just sprinted up three flights of stairs to get to you before you took care of yourself.” He chuckled.

“Oh God no…Hanes…I like how you do it much better. I’d just as soon wait.” I smiled warmly, as his hands started to roam freely all over my body.

“Oh…so I can save this session for later and head back down to practice?” He asked, kissing my hip.

“Hah…no…that is NOT…what I said. Now get those pants off.” I demanded as I tore his shirt over his head, messing up his already gorgeous, messy hair.

“Where’s 4 and 5?” He muttered into my ear as he started sucking my neck underneath my earring.

“4 had that field trip with his pre-school class today…he’ll come home later on with 1 and 1 and 3….I dropped 5 off at Papa G’s for his swimming lesson.

“Sweet…I’ll take my time then…” He grinned as he pressed his body into mine.