I Wish I Could Be the One

It's Payback Time...

As Brian scooped our little bundle away from the nurse, the doctor let the rest of my tribe in.

“Come here, boys…come meet your little sister.” He whispered as the tears started flowing.

“Look Dad’s crying again.” Luke laughed.

“Luke, he always does when we’re in here. Babies make him cry.” Jake reminded his brother.

“Not ANY babies.” I told my sons. “Just HIS babies…”

“Well you aren’t crying.” Zeke stated nonchalantly.

“Trust me hijo…I was crying…A LOT…not too long ago.” I informed him.

“Yeah, Dad said you sounded like a banshee.” Jake replied as he started to check out his little sister.

“Did he now?” I smirked at Brian as he looked at me sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders.

Rowe began poking his new little sister in the face. I guess just to make sure she was real.

“Ohhhh, I like this one.” Luke immediately breathed out.

“Yeah, she looks like a mini-Mama.” Zeke agreed.

“She’s mine…” Cole warned the both of them.

And so it begins…I knew it would take just one. My little girl already had her men whipped…even at 2 hours old. But I was starting to feel a little –alone- I hadn’t gotten more than 5 minutes of face time with my beautiful girl since the nurse whisked her away.

I whistled softly to my boys in the corner, to get their attention. Brian looked up and smiled sweetly at me. Rowan ran over and crawled up on the bed with me. Jake and Luke hopped over and did a nose-dive on the bed.

“Big Mama! She already knows you!” Cole yelled over.

“Yeah, her eyes opened as soon as you whistled.” Zeke finished.

I wasn’t surprised. Whistling for my boys was a common occurrence in our household.

“Well did you guys plan on sharing her with me or what?” I asked anxiously. I wanted to get my hands on my baby girl.

“Do we have to?” Cole questioned.

“Ah…yeah…you do. Now get over here with her, before I get out of this bed and attack you all.

“What are we naming her?” Zeke asked as he gazed at her lovingly.

“Jillian Berry”

“Why did you name her after a fruit? We’ll get her confused with Big Mama…” Luke complained. I looked questioningly at Brian…he just shook his head and smiled.

“Hey, we’re perfect together…Jake and Jill…went up a hill…” Jake said excitedly.

“It’s not Jake…it’s Jack ---- ass.” Luke started laughing hysterically at himself, which got Rowan giggling again.

“LUCAS JASON HANER!”

“Sorry, Big Mama…it was a little funny though wasn’t it?” Luke asked innocently. I had to cover my face with my hand so he wouldn’t see the smile that had come across my face and the tears that sprung to my eyes. Brian just turned and walked away all together…he looked like he was going to combust.

When he finally calmed down, he came back over and edged himself onto the side of the bed next to me. “So, now that you have our baby girl, what are you going to do with her?” He asked sheepishly.

“I’m going to ‘train’ her…” I smiled sweetly at him.

“Uh-huh…I know your mouth is smiling sweetly right now…but your eyes are saying something so different. Should I be scared?” Big Daddy actually looked a little nervous.

“Aw, baby…now you know that I’ve got many, many years to catch up on.” I said innocently. “Besides…take heart…it’s not just you who should be scared.” I pulled him in and gave him the sweetest kiss I could give him. I heard a small moan escape his lips. “Oh…you’ll probably need to acquire some more credit cards…and I suggest that you don’t quit your ‘day job’ anytime soon…” I whispered as I moved my hand from the back of his neck and pulled away. Flashing him an evil grin.

“That’s what I thought…” He replied in defeat. “Why can’t you just make her a Daddy’s Girl?”

“Ha…in your dreams Gates!!” I chuckled

“Boyyyysssss…”

“Yeah, Old Man.”

“First off Luke, I am not an Old Man…so I do not want to be called Old Man…especially from any of you. And if you continue to do so…”

“Yeah…we know, we know…blah-blah-blah…what were you going to say?” Jake interrupted.

Brian looked to me for help…I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Look…are you going to be on my side or not?” Brian jokingly demanded.

“Hey…stop trying to recruit! That’s not fair!” I whined.

The boys looked from me to their father and back a couple times. Grins widening on the older boy’s faces…

“What’s it gonna take?” Brian sighed…of course he could read them like a book.

“Money…” Zeke answered.

“And lot’s of it…” Luke finished.

“Come on Old Man, let’s go talk some strategy while you’re buying us an ice cream downstairs…” Jake sealed the deal…

Poor, poor Big Daddy…