I Wish I Could Be the One

Let's take a trip to the MOON...BABY...

“Hey Gates-baby…?”

“Shit…that can only mean one of two things…” I muttered.

“Yeah, ‘Gates’ is never good is it?” Zacky gave me the ‘man-hug’, as if I was going away to war.

“Well actually, it is VERY good sometimes…” I perked up, thinking about some of the other times my wife called me Gates during certain ‘moods’.

“Yeah, Bear?” I responded as quickly and sweetly as I could. Like they said…I’m whipped. “It’s the not knowing what to call her back at first; that is the tricky part.” I admitted to them.

“My mom and Suze took McKenna and JillieBean out shopping for the afternoon…” She just offered up, out of the blue. But she sounded a little bummed about it for some reason.

“You didn’t go with them?” I asked, wondering why she wouldn’t want to get a little shopping in herself.

“No, there are three of them and one of her…they should be fine…” She explained, misunderstanding why I asked that question. “And I wasn’t really in the mood to go shopping…” She was definitely a little off today. JB and Matty gave me weird, questioning looks. All I could do was shrug; I wasn’t sure what was up with my little bride.

“Ah, ok Berry…did they need any money?” I asked, trying to figure out what her call was actually for.

“No, of course not…don’t be silly…Suze took Papa’s cards with her.” She giggled a little. That was better.

“Jesus, my poor father…” I rubbed my hand over my face. “You know he’s already told Brent he is absolutely not allowed to have children…for fear that he might have a girl?!”

“That’s funny…that’s what my father told my brothers…” She wondered aloud. And the twins nodded in agreement. “Anyway…I gave Cole and Rowe to Papa for the afternoon, while the ladies shop.”

Now I thought I knew where this was going, as the guys started smirking and shaking their heads.

“So I’m thinking that was a really good ‘Gates-baby’…” I exclaimed as I gave Zacky the thumbs up.

“Huh?” She sounded uncharacteristically puzzled.

“Never mind, BeBe…so…did you pawn the remaining 3 off onto to anyone for the day?”

“Today’s their first day at football camp, remember?” She was now sounding just slightly agitated.

“Oh did you need me to bring them?” Maybe this wouldn’t be a booty call after all.

“No, I just got back…” Oh…yes it was a booty call.

“Ok, well that’s awesome babe…did you need me to do something?” They guys all started laughing behind me. Thank God she wasn’t around to see that.

“Kind of…”

“Like what?” The guys all laughed harder. Of course I was carrying this on for their amusement. “I love screwing with her when I can…the opportunity is always so rare.” I admitted to them.

“Can I show you?” I think I sensed a little frustration in her voice…

“Can’t you just tell me what it is babe?” I continued to tease her.

“Well…are the guys with you?” Oh…yeah…that was definitely frustration.

“Yes.”

“Are you busy?” Now she was getting really impatient. Wait until I get up there to her…this always works to my benefit.

“Yes.” I quickly shot back.

“Oh.” She replied, very flatly.

“Dude…now she sounds pissed…you better hurry up, if you still think you have a chance at gettin’ your dick wet.” Johnny warned. And he was probably right.

“Where are you?” I changed my tune quickly.

“Out by the pool...” She was still sounding a little flat, but had more confidence to her tone now.

“I wouldn’t come outside for a bit, if I were you…” I informed the guys as I jumped up from the couch and over to the door.

“No shit…” JB groaned. “What’s new? It’s dangerous to go anywhere on the premises when those ‘angels’ aren’t around or when they’re sleeping…”

“Forget that! I wanna watch…I’ll shout out the play by play!” Jimmy jumped up and down excitedly.

“I gotta run quick…hopefully I didn’t piss her off too much…there’s always that fine line – you know.” I shrugged quickly as I took the stairs two at a time.