Status: First Priority

I ***ed up Again

Waiting Up

"Do you really have to go?" I asked sadly as I stood by the door with John.

"I'm sorry, babe. I really wish I didn't have to but I call everyday." He promised as his grip tightened on his bags.

"Don't worry about me. Just have fun, okay? This is the last time you'll be on tour before you're a dad. Make the best of it." I told him.

"I love you." He smiled.

"I love you too." I grinned before leaning in and giving him a passionate goodbye kiss.

"If anything happens and you need me, I'm right here, okay? Don't hesitate to call." He ordered seriously as he took my face in his hands.

"I won't. I call you if anything happens, I promise." I stated.

"Okay. I love you," he said before kneeling down to my belly, "And I love you." He grinned before kissing it. My bump was very noticeable.

"We love you too, John. Now go before they kill you." I frowned.

"Fine, fine, but I'll call you soon. I love you." He told me right before giving me a swift kiss on the cheek and running towards the bus.

I watched the bus pull away and sighed before walking back inside.

The house instantly felt lonely as I sat down on the couch. I turned on the tv and started watching something that I wasn't interested in at all when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby. It's me. I miss you."

"John you've been gone for twenty minutes." I giggled.

"I know, but I'm bored." He whined.

I heard the guys in the background taunting him which made me smile.

"Well, go have fun with your friends. You'll be sick of me soon and you'll wish you would have been living it up right now."

"Ugh, fine. I'll talk to you soon." He sighed.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Bye."

"Goodbye." I said before flipping my phone shut and hanging up.

I took the day off because I thought I'd be a wreck after John left, but since my breakdown I'd actually been feeling okay.

I decided to call my sister to catch up on what she was doing. We talked for awhile, but then she had to go shopping so I hung up.

He'd been gone an hour and I couldn't find anything to do. This was going to be a long two months...

---

Week one went by so slowly that it was a bit painful. Every day I woke up, ate, went to work, ate, went to class, came home, ate, and went to bed. I didn't stray from that routine for a whole seven days.

Then the next week I got invited by Jared's girlfriend and John's friend Eric to go to the lake with a few other people, which was actually really fun. They treated me so well and we all had a really great time. I brought fudge pops and we had a blast. I got a lot closer with Kelsey too. She grew up with the guys and she was just as welcoming as them.

Week three was a little scary. I went almost all day without feeling the baby move so I drove myself to the ER where they did an ultrasound and finally she started moving. They said maybe she was just tired, or I didn't eat enough that day. I didn't want to scare John so I didn't tell him.

The fourth week John made a surprise visit for a day and took me out to dinner and talked and cuddled until he had to go again. That was pretty much the highlight of my whole month.

The fifth week I started getting irritable again because I was getting too big for my clothes. Again. I went shopping and spent a lot more than I should have, but I had enough clothes to last me the rest of my pregnancy hopefully.

Week six I thought really hard about getting a puppy after watching Marley and Me, but I decided against it.

Week seven I ran into Josh on campus. I said a polite hello and he ignored me. It brought back my guilty feelings and I wanted to cry, but I kept it together.

Week eight I spent preparing for John to come home. I cleaned the house and bought all the things he likes to eat, and I also make a pumpkin pie because Thanksgiving was coming up.

---

"Hey! Anybody home?" A voice called through the apartment.

"John!" I squealed before I came waddling out of the kitchen to tackle him in a hug.

"Palmer! I'm so happy to see you, babe." He sighed as he wrapped his arms around me. "How have you been? Is she okay?"

"I'm great and so is Dana. But you probably knew that since you called twice a day." I laughed as I pulled away.

"Sorry," He blushed, "I just wanted to make sure you were good. I love you."

"I love you more."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, sorry this is a bad filler. I didn't want to write it because it's boring, but the next chapter is really exciting and good!! I promise you'll love it!

Thanks to ScreamxItsxMe, Connie A, liar's lane, caitlin_love, rnf23, carlygirlll43, Elisex, Aurena, drivingbackwards, lovelyhope, RoRo15, AllTimeLowMCR, youaremysavinggrace, tayleewaylee, and whoever she is. For commenting!! Love you!

Also, check out my Austin Gibbs story - I'll Be Waiting Up Counting The Stars

Comment and subscribe!