Status: 59,710 words || Completed.

Eternità

Treinta y tres.

Sean felt giddy when he woke in the morning. Ian wasn't next to him in the bed, but that didn't matter to the fertile. He was just excited about the fact that they were seeing William today because of him being pregnant.

William was their doctor for Sean's pregnancy. And this would be their first appointment with him where they would be able to see their baby.

Of course they wouldn't be able to know whether it was a fertile or Dom, but if it was a Dom there was a small chance they'd see a black aura around it at the appointment. But even if they didn't see it doesn't mean that they weren't having a Dom.

They'd know at the next appointment.

Just before Sean was about to get out of bed, Ian came in the room with a huge smile on his face. It was normal for a Dom to be just as excited as the fertile when it comes to pregnancies and births.

Sean grinned at his mate before climbing out of the bed to get ready for his appointment.

But when he left the bed his smile dropped as did Ian's.

Sean's pyjamas bottoms had a blood stain on the back as did the spot on the bed which Sean had just been sitting on. The fertile had been bleeding.

They knew it wasn't normal for him to be bleeding. So instead of waiting for their appointment time, Ian took Sean to the hospital straight away. There was no speaking between the two because Sean wasn't in a speaking mood.

He could almost feel that something was wrong and he could only sit and hope that it wasn't what he thought it was.

When they got to the hospital it was a relief that William was free so that meant they could be seen straight away.

Maybe that was a good thing, that they were seen straight away so that they could find the news out as soon as possible. But also, it could have been a bad thing. Because Sean didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to have been told about it either.

William had confirmed his worst thoughts: Sean had miscarried at six weeks.

The fertile had silent tears streaming down his face as he was told by the doctor. He felt numb when the doctor said he had to do some tests on him to find out the cause of the miscarriage.

Ian had to leave the room whilst the tests were done which neither he or Sean wanted. Sean wanted his Dom to stay with him so that he wasn't alone and Ian didn't want to leave his fertile after the news they were just told.

But he left the room because he had to. And Ian paced outside the room the whole time until he was allowed in the room. Which he then went straight over to his fertile who wrapped his arms around his neck and cried into him.

The doctor and nurse left the room to give the couple some time. Ian sat on the bed next to Sean and let the fertile crawl into his lap as he continued crying. All the Dom could do was run his hand through the fertile's hair and be there for him.

"Our baby..." Sean wept clinging onto his Dom like he was suddenly going to leave him. Ian hated seeing his fertile in pain much like any Dom did. And it was even worse that it was a pain that he couldn't help stop. And even though the Dom felt his heart go out over the fact that they had lost their baby, he didn't hurt as much as the fertile did.

By the time a fertile is one week pregnant they are already attached to their baby even though they don't know they're pregnant. And as the weeks go by they get even more attached.

Sean was attached to the baby so it was almost like he had lost something within him with the fact that he had lost the baby.

The fertile stayed clinging to the Dom for a little while longer, his crying slowly calming down to the occasional tear and a small broken hiccups.

When William came back into the room all the Dom did was look at him, the fertile didn't even acknowledge the fact that the door was opened.

At least, not until he heard the doctor speak. "I'm afraid I have even more bad news for you."

The fertile looked up from his mate's lap, tears still wet on his face. The doctor felt horrible about the news he was about to give.

"When you had the human blood injected into your system, we only saw the problems that we were looking for, which wasn't that much because we didn't know too much about it all," the doctor started.

Sean didn't want to know the news because he could almost feel that it was going to tear him apart even more. And he didn't think he could handle that.

"Your miscarriage was brought on by the fact that the amount of fertile cells in your body isn't as much as most fertiles. Normally a few less fertile cells wouldn't be too much problem; we gave you the replacement fertile blood when you first came to the hospital. That should have made the amount of fertile cells in your body increase to almost the same amount as the other fertile's levels." The emphasis on the 'should' made Sean tremble with nerves.

He really, really, really didn't want to hear the rest of what the doctor was going to say. There was a feeling inside of him that told him that he already knew the reason as to why the miscarriage was brought on.

"The main cause of the miscarriage is the fact that there are still human cells in your system, Sean. And the worst part is, we can't remove the cells because they've embedded themselves in certain tissues in your body," the doctor hesitated with the final thing he was going to say.

Sean squeezed his eyes shut and wished himself not to hear what the doctor was going to say next. It didn't work.

"And because of that I'm afraid that you cannot bare a child. I'm so terribly sorry."

The fertile couldn't take it, he pushed himself away from his mate, gripped at his hair tightly and began sobbing violently. Through the sobs you could hear just how much the fertile was hurting.

It was killing the Dom inside to see his fertile in so much pain.

And it was also killing the Dom about the fact that his mate couldn't bare a child. Not the fact that they wouldn't be able to have children, but the fact that he knew his mate was excited to have a child and now he could never have the joy of becoming a mum.

William looked at the couple sadly. He felt horrible over the fact that he was the one who had to give them this information. Never before had he had to break a miscarriage to a couple, and he would have never dreamt of ever having to tell a fertile that they could never become a mum.

And what made it worse was that he now had to get Ryan and Mikey in so they could run tests to see whether they could bare children. But William knew that if Sean couldn't bare a child, then there would probably be no way that neither Mikey nor Ryan could.

In a way William was almost thankful that there was only three fertiles, as of known, that had had human blood injected into their system. The female fertile who was found with the human would be able to bare children; she never had the blood injected into her system.

And as much as he wanted the Doms to find the rest of the fertiles who were taken from their families and made to suffer at the hands of the humans, he was also dreading it too. Because almost all of them would have to get used to the idea of being a fertile, finding a mate and having children before he could break the news that they would not be able to bare children.

Of course, it was only an almost all of them that he thought because some wouldn't have had that much human blood injected into their system, and when their blood would be tested, they would see whether or not there was any of it in their tissues.

Some would be able to have children and becoming an almost normal vampire family along with their Dom and children, but most would be like Sean.

Broken and in pain over the fact that they wouldn't be able to have the joy of being a mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Originally this was Mikey instead of Sean, but then I realised that Mikey had been through a bit too much so I swapped them.