You've Played Your Way Into My Heart

Two

I smiled at Paul as he wandered towards me. He was already soaked in sweat, but I'd still hug him.

He wrapped his arms around me and I blushed, hoping he didn't notice. "Dawn, about time you came around." He said to me. "Yeah I know. Sorry. Just been... busy."

"More like she's too lazy to get her ass up from bed and go." I heard Kyle say behind me, as he was setting up his microphone. "Well, are we going to get to practice or what?"

As usual, Kyle was grouchy at this early hour. Paul smiled at me and grabbed his guitar then hopped up on the small platform they called a 'stage'.

"Okay, well. We haven't really been going good on writing new songs, so we'll be singing a song by Likin Park called 'Numb'. I hope you like it." Kyle said into his microphone to me and, nobody.

I smiled up at Paul, when he started on his guitar. Even though I was a little curious of where they got the mix set, Paul's amazing guitar skills made my mind wander off and not worry about it.

Then he looked up. It wasn't just a glance. He stopped playing his guitar, and the whole band froze and looked at Paul.

We kept hold of eachothers gaze. I knew that Kyle was getting aggitated. "Dude! Snap out of it!" Kyle yelled into the mic. Paul jumped and looked at him.

"Sorry let's continue..." He muttered.

The rest of band practice Paul stared at his fingers, and didn't even dare to look at me.

***

"You did a really great job Paul." I smiled at him handing him a bottle of water and a towel. It got hot in the garage.

"Not really, I messed up in the middle of a song. I've never done that before." He muttered. "I thought you was good."

He smiled up at me. "Flirting, are we?" Kyle asked.

"No." Paul said quickly and went inside Matt's house after the death glare from Kyle.

Once everyone left Kyle muttered, "I want you to stay away from him."

"Why?" I whined.

"You two are just getting two close. Stay away. For me." I rolled my eyes.

"Kyle that doesn't work anymore."

"Just stay away, Dawn."
♠ ♠ ♠
My first original co-write fic. Hope you like it (: (: