Can't Dream Without You

Isolation

I lay in bed tossing and turning. The things Val told me about Zacky just kept repeating in my head. It had been days since that talk and I have avoided everyone. I told them all I was sick and I didn’t wanna get them sick since they had to worry about music. The only person I kept in contact with was Val and Benji because I knew if I didn’t call them or text them they would freak.
“keep your hands off my girl, keep your hands off my girl….” I rolled over to shut my phone off. I knew it was a text from Benji so I just let it go. I already had a feeling today was gonna suck. I didn’t wanna talk to anyone. I still needed more time.
Brian’s POV
I kept texting and calling Mandy but she wouldn’t reply, not to any of us except for Val and Benji. But why? I was starting to worry about her but didn’t know why. I missed her. “What the fuck am I thinking?” I said out loud.
“Shit if you don’t know how the fuck am I gonna?” Jimmy said. I forgot he was sitting there.
“Fuck dude can I get a little privacy?”
He stood up and walked over to the front door and opened yet. “Mother fucker its my house! Go to yours you got one don’t you?” He laughed at me because he saw the embarrassment in my face.
“Fine kick me out! See if I come back asshole!” I pushed him when I walked out and laughed.
“Love you too!” Jimmy yelled back at me. What a goof.
I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out and was shocked when I saw Mandy’s name in bold letters. I couldn’t open it fast enough.
“Hey sorry I’ve been distant. Just recovering. Miss you guys. <3 Mandy”
My smile faded. She had sent that to everyone. But why did I care? I still didn’t understand what she had over me.
Normal POV
My phone wouldn’t stop ringing with all the “I miss you” and “hurry up and get better, love you” texts. I decided it was time to head out the door and go see everyone. Good thing I’m a half hour drive away from them and I could still go out to the store around here.
I pulled up to Zacky’s house. It was now or never and it would be better in person. I just hoped no one was there with him.
I walked up and rang the door bell. Zacky opened the door soon after.
Zacky’s POV
“Who the fuck rings the doorbell? At least I know it aint one of the guys barging in” I didn’t even bother to look through the peephole it could’ve been a crazy fan for all I know. I opened the door and saw Mandy standing there. She was in sweat pants and an old ac/dc shirt. She was so rough but still looked beautiful to me.
“Hi Zack.” She said it so quietly it was cute. But all I could do was hug her.
“Hey! How are you feeling? We all missed having you around.” I smiled at her as we walked into the house. She stayed quiet and went to the couch.
“Is anyone here with you?” She asked.
“Umm… nah its just me and well you now” I laughed.
“Ok good” She was looking down at her hands. Fuck. Something wasn’t right.
“Mandy whats up? Why did you want me to be alone? Whats wrong?” I was getting worried. I had never seen her like this before. I didn’t know what to do. All I thought about was Benji. I’m sure he had seen her like this a time or two.
“Do you want me to give Benji a call? Let him know you’re here?”
“No. I’m fine.” Now I was freaking out. I gave in and just sat there until she spoke.
“Zacky…. I wasn’t sick this whole time I’ve been gone.” I looked at her confused.
“Ok then why were you gone?”
“I needed time to think. I didn’t want to be around you.” I just looked at her.
“Why? Did I do something wrong? If I did let me know I’m sor…”
“No! You didn’t do anything wrong” She interrupted my rambling with a little laugh and a tear running down her cheek.
“Well if I didn’t do anything wrong then why are you crying?” I asked her as I wiped her tears.
“I talked to Val. She told me everything. I’m so sorry Zacky. I didn’t mean to..” She couldn’t continue. I held her in my arms as she sobbed in my chest. I felt so bad. I knew what her and Val had talked about. There was only one thing that had to do with all three of us. I finally let her go and lifted her chin so she was looking at me.
“Sweetie its ok. I already know you don’t have feelings for me. I wasn’t expecting you to. You don’t have to apologize for that.” She hugged me and laid her head in the crook of my neck still sobbing.
“How can you be so sweet?” She asked.
“Just because my name is ‘Vengeance’ doesn’t mean I cant be a softy” I felt her body shake and knew she was laughing. It was quiet but that was better than having her cry.
She pulled away. My heart sank every time she pulled out of my hold.
“Zacky. I’m glad to have you in my life. I just wish I could return some feelings to you but I can’t. You’re so sweet and understanding. Any other guy would’ve told me to fuck off.” She said with a chuckle which made me laugh too.
Normal POV
I was so glad that me and Zacky had worked things out. We both stayed quiet for a while sitting next to each other. Until he spoke.
“Does Syn know how you feel?” I looked at him with wide eyes. And he laughed. “Mandy you can’t hide it from me. I can see it in your eyes. It takes a person that’s in love to notice when someone else is.”
“B-but h-how…” Was all I could stutter.
“Don’t get me wrong you do hide it damn good when everyone is watching but when Syn has his back turned to you it’s a completely different look you have in your eyes.” He was right.
“Zacky you can’t say anything!” He looked shocked that I had told him that. “I don’t want him to know and especially don’t want Benji to know. Please keep it between us.”
“Ok if you say so but how will you know he feels the same if you don’t say anything?”
“Just wait it out I guess. But I better get going. I’m making my rounds and his place is next.” We both laughed and I drove over to Brian’s.
I got to Brian’s house and just walked right in. It didn’t bother him when people walked in. In fact he preferred it because he was too lazy to get up and open the door. I walked in and tears filled my eyes. He was sitting on his couch making out with some chick. I couldn’t let him see me like that so I yelled out covering my eyes “Whoops didn’t mean to interrupt I’ll come back” I forced a laugh thinking he would do the same and I walked back to my car trying to fight the tears. Until I heard him running after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh no! caught in the act. what do you guys think will happen next?