Status: Complete

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

The edge of reason lies uneven

"So did you want to go meet every one at the shop or did you want to wait till tomorrow?" I asked Lenard, he was sitting in a barbers chair, getting his hair cut. And as the guy cut way his locks I send a man I would have never know was under there. He looked completely different.

"Well I think I would like to meet my coworkers." He smiled at me through the mirror.

"Okay we'll swing by there once we're done here." I said smiling back at him.

I was in aw, Lenard was actually a good looker, for an older guy. I mean he was barely fifty. We paid and exited the barber, he was an excellent man. I smiled as we walked back towards the apartment.

"Kori, can I ask you a question?" Lenard asked.

"You just did." I laughed. "Yeah, shoot."

"Well since I have a job and all and you helped me a lot, but where will I be sleeping?" He asked. "I mean I don't want to get the clothes you bought me dirty." He added quickly.

"Lenard I figured you could just stay at my place. I'll talk to the manager and we'll work something out." I smiled at him. "Don't worry." We walked pasted the apartment complex, and waited on the light to change so we could walk across the street.

I opened the door to the shop.

"Kori!" Jade yelled at me. "Where have you been?"

"Well I'm the boss your just lucky I tolerate that tone from you." I smirked at her. "Any ways I was helping Lenard get things ready for work tomorrow."

"Oh well hello Lenard, I'm Jade." She smiled at Lenard before turning to me giving me a what the fuck look. He was old but that didn't mean he didn't need help. "So where do you work?"

"Here." He smiled at her shocked expression.

"He's gonna be our new receptionist." I smiled. "Any way Lenard wanna do some paper work?" I slyly smiled at him.

"Well what ever I gotta do I fine with it." He smiled back at me.

"Okay." I said as we walked a back to my office. I handed him an application. "I just need your information so I can put it in the computer, they are really in control of who works on the registers." I said, pulling up some documents on my computer. So I can actually put him on the pay roll. "I will need a form of ID and your social security card. If you don't have any it's no biggy I have a friend down at the DMV we can always talk to him about it, kay." I smiled.

"I have an ID it's just not valid, and my social is in my safe deposit box." He said.

"Okay well we'll use them till you can get a new ID." I said. We finished up before heading home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the subscribers..