Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

I Will Stand By You, I Will Help You Through

I was in Sam's living room listening to Paul scream every time Carlisle broke something in his body. It hurt me to hear it, but I couldn't leave. I had to stay. I needed to be with Paul after Carlisle was finished. Rose, and Alice were here too. They were trying to comfort me. They had hoped that I would leave with them, but they wouldn't leave if I was in need of somebody like them to keep me from going insane at this moment.

"Ah! Oooow," we all heard. I winced at the sound of bones breaking and the scream of pain.

"Carlisle is almost done," Rose whispered to me. I nodded still not liking the pain my loved one has to go through.

"Why do you care for him so much?" Rose asked.

"I don't know. I just love him, I guess," I replied.

"Bay, he cheated on you. Don't you think he'd cheat again?" she asked.

"There is always that possibility, but I don't think he'd take the chance in hurting me again. Plus, I think I'm ready for the next level. Of course I'll have to wait until he is all healed before I can take to that next step," I said.

"I just wish you'd wait until you were sure you were ready. Maybe until he proposed?" Rose said. I understood what she was talking about. I did have a ruff time during my last relationship. I need more time.

"You're right. I guess I'll wait until then," I said nodding my head and then cringing as I heard more bones breaking and Paul's screams. I couldn't talk to Rose anymore. I was too worried about Paul. I just sat there listening and then there was silence. Or well almost silence. Paul was asking for me. I wasn't going to go up until Carlisle said I could.

"Bay, Paul is requesting you. You may go and see him," Carlisle said as he walked, at human speed down the stairs.

"Thank you so much, Carlisle," I said hugging him.

"No problem. Bailyn, if you need a couple days off to help him out, go ahead and take them. I don't mind. We will manage without you. You need to be with him through this. He is going to need your help for some things," Carlisle said.

"I'll do whatever I can," I said before basically running up the stairs to see my injured man.

"Bay?" he asked.

"I'm here," I said sitting down on the side of the bed and grabbing his uninjured hand.

"Stay with me, please," he whispered.

"I will, I promise," I said.

"Tell me what happened," he said.

"The vampire that took me somehow squeezed you so tight that your bones on your left half broke instantly. I was so scared. I didn't know what was happening. I'm glad you're going to be okay," I said.

"Yes, me too." he said. I smiled happily, but I was still worried about him. I didn't want to hurt him so I was going to go back downstairs and go home to get some clothes and come back and sleep in the other room.

"Where are you going?" Paul asked.

"Home to get clothes," I said.

"After you do that would you please come and sleep in here with me?" he asked quietly. I couldn't say no to him. I mean, he was hurt and needed me!

"Yes, I will be right back. Don't miss me too much," I said kissing him and then leaving the room. Oh how much I missed this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy!
-Hailey