Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

It's The Short Hellos And The Long Goodbyes

My raging alarm clock woke me up the next morning. I rubbed my face as I sat up, and slothfully climbed out of bed. After yelling to Emily about where the towels may be, I grabbed one from the lone hall close and headed to the bathroom. I took about a thirty minute shower and then brushed out my sopping hair.
"Is Emma up?" I heard Jacob's voice ask, I'm assuming, Emily.
"She just got out of the shower" My assumption was indeed, correct.
"Oh. Then I'll wait here. We don't need anything awkward happening" I laughed softly and shut the door to my bedroom. I picked out a slouchy purple sweatshirt, which I wore over a white wife beater, and a pair of skinny jeans. I headed over to my vanity where everything was set up from last night. I clasped a owl necklace on and pulled my TWLOHA bracelet. I spritzed my Juicy Couture perfume before putting on my socks and my beat up converse. As I left my room I quickly grabbed my locket bracelet my parents had gotten me the last Christmas we had together.

After all of that was finished, I dried my hair in the bathroom and put on a light amount of makeup.
"Jesus Emma! Are you almost ready yet?" Jacob called up. I rolled my eyes and brushed out my hair a bit.
"I'm coming calm down!" I mumbled coming down the stairs.
"Finally. Lets go, we have a long day ahead of us" He pulled me by my arm right out of the house, before I could say anything to Emily. "So, today you'll be meeting Quil, Jared, Embry, Paul, and Leah" I nodded, half listening to him.
"Uh huh." I muttered looking out the window. We pulled up to a kind of clearing.
"They'll be cliff diving, I didn't tell you because I didn't think you'd go." I smiled.
"I would've gone, just not dived or whatever" I told the tan skinned buff kid that was unbuckling himself. He smiled at me and nodded. I proceeded to unbuckle my seat belt as well and join him outside of the car.

He led me up to another clearing, but here there was a bunch of super ripped guys jumping off of a cliff. There was one lone girl, she sat on a rock. There were two girls other than her, well a girl who looked my age and a two year old. I chewed on my bottom lip as Jacob greeted his friends. "Guys, this is Emma. Sam's cousin." He introduced, still smiling widely. My eyes darted up and down each and everyone of the people. Most of them were all grouped Jacob and I, except the girl. "Leah, seriously? Just come meet Sam's cousin, and then you can go home" Jake yelled over to her. She growled and muttered a few things before walking over.
"Hi. I'm Leah"
"Uh, I'm Emma" I said awkwardly shaking her hand. "You're really gorgeous" I noticed she blushed a bit, but her serious face came back
"Thank you.. you too" She said awkwardly before exiting the scene.

"Wow. She was civil" One of the boys muttered. "I'm Paul, the extremely sexy one" I scoffed and shook his hand.
"I'm sure the women you pay tell you that quite often" I muttered in return, a few soft snickers were heard.
"I'm Jared, and this is my girlfriend Kim" I shook both of their hands.
"Quil Ateara at your service" He smiled wide, shaking my hand with his free one. He had picked up the little girl. "This is Claire" I smiled and shook her tiny hands.
"Hello Claire" She smiled at me and clapped. "I'm Emma"
"Emma" She recited skillfully. I laughed and moved to the next set of boys.
"I'm Collin"
"Brady" They said shaking both of my hands savagely, both boys looked about 16 or so..
"Calm down boys, seriously" Jacob laughed.
"I'm Embry" I locked eyes with the incredibly gorgeous man standing in front of me. He wasn't as huge as Jacob or Paul but he was well fit for his size body. He had dark brown eyes and the same dark brown hair. I bit my lip again, and dropped gaze to my feet. I shook his hand and I felt tingles go up my spine.

"I'm Seth!" A kid, maybe fifteen said happily. He held a genuine smile and kind eyes, I smiled back at him and put my hand out to be shaken. He took it and pulled me in for a hug, I laughed and hugged back. "I like you Emma" I smiled at him. "You're my new best friend"
"Alrighty then little man" I said ruffling his hair. I hung out with Kim while all of the incredible hot shirtless guys jumped off a cliff and then came running back up to us.

"How do you do it?" I asked her with a small smile.
"Do what?"
"Not stare." Kim laughed loudly.
"I don't" She winked at me and we laughed together. "No, I just stare at Jare-bear"
"Oh my god. Did you just call him Jare-bear?" I asked loudly, I saw Jared's head pop up with a terrified look.
"Yep. I shall call him Jare-bear forever."
"I should hate you" He said coming up behind her and kissing her cheek.

I smiled and decided I'd survey my surroundings. Forest, that was all I saw for miles in two directions, left and right. In another there was a rocky pathway leading down, surrounded by more forest. Finally there was a cliff, a drop off that scared me to now end. I was thoroughly terrified of heights and nothing could break me of that fear. "Hey Emma" I glanced over to see Embry seated next to me on the log. My heart stopped, he remembered my name.
"H-hi" I stuttered out, he smiled.
"What's up?" I shrugged, trying to be cool.
"Just, you know, sittin' on a log" I said, god I try too hard. I face palmed inside my mind but yet, the gorgeous boy sitting next to me smiled.
"Yeah, same here."
"Fun." I said looking past him to see Sam coming up the pathway. Embry glanced behind him and his smile dropped slightly. "You okay?" His smile came back, but it seemed slightly fake.
"Yep." He muttered looking at Sam. "I gotta go talk to him.." He said awkwardly, and then he left. My eyebrows met and I looked at my hands. Why the sudden change of mood? Was it me? Did I do something to freak him out? I shouldn't have tried to be cool, I should've just been the loser I am and-

"Uh.. Emma right?" I looked up, Leah had come back. Why? I nodded softly standing up, she motioned me to follow her. I let out a puff of air and followed her back down the pathway. I wonder what she wants.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like<3
oh, and credit to our first commenter
greekgodchildhades3
go check her profile(:
I love you people, commmment<3
xoxoxoxo< dude. four friggin xo's
-tiffiny