Sequel: And She Will Be Loved

You Can Count on Me

Hold Your Breath My Dear, We're Going Under

Embry couldn’t come with me to the MRI, but Carlisle stayed with me. He had to leave to look over my scans. I felt my heart racing as I laid in the metal machine a while. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. All I could think about was mom and dad dying in a hospital. Would Bay even notice? I mean, she has Paul now and soon she’ll probably have some kind of family. I felt a tear or two slide down my cheek.

“Are you okay Emma?” Carlisle’s smooth voice echoed through the machine.
“Yes. Are we almost done?”
“Very close to the end, don’t worry too much.” I nodded to myself and sighed.
“Okay.”

A few minutes later I was sliding out of the machine. I was brought back to ‘my’ room and I changed out of the hospital gown. Embry wasn’t there. Nobody was. I frowned and waited for Carlisle on my own.

“No, you don’t reserve the fucking right to march in here after forgetting her for a week!” I heard Leah yell. “You’re a terrible sister.” Bailyn’s here.
“Leah, that’s enough.” Sam’s strong and stern voice rang out. His authority came down like a hammer on Leah. I didn’t hear her speak another word.

“I’m sorry, but all of you can’t be here.” A meek voice said. “If any, only two. I’m sorry.” I think she was scared of them all.
“Sam, it’s fine. I’ll go, with Paul and Embry. I should be able to go without counting as a person, I’ll help Dr. Cullen out. Okay?” The girl, Sam sighed. They were close, I heard very few footsteps. I sat on the aggravating wax paper that was laid out on the hospital bed, for lack of better words. It wasn’t even a bed.

“Emma!” Bay said entering the room. Paul and Embry came in behind her, as expected. They stood off to the side. Bay ran over to me and hugged me. “I’m so sorry, Emma. How are you?” She pulled away just a bit.
“Fine.” I said stiffly. “Why are you here?”
“To be with you, I’m so sorry. I had no idea you were in the hospital.”
“Not like you care.” Bay’s eyebrows met in the middle.
“I do care, I just- Paul was hurt.”
“I was hurt too. I had brain damage.”

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” I nodded and looked away.
“It’s fine.” I didn’t want to think about, or talk about how hurt I am.
“Okay..” She mumbled cautiously.
“Let’s just get the results and then go home.” I said laying back. Embry brushed past Bay and grabbed my hand. “Hey.” I whispered.

“Hey.” He kissed my forehead. “Are you okay? How was it?”
“Awful, terrifying, suffocating. Thanks for asking.” I mumbled sarcastically.

“Hello Bailyn. How are you feeling Paul?”
“Top notch, thanks doc.” He said casually. Bay had went back to stand with Paul.
“Okay, everything looks good. Very minor swelling, but nothing to be worried about. I suggest you take it easy, and don’t run around or do too much exercise. Sex including you two.” I blushed and squeezed Embry’s hand. “Just a few days, don’t fret Embry.” Carlisle joked. Embry laughed and rolled his eyes. Bay made a face.

I don’t think I had told her about Embry and I going that far. I’ll have to endure that talk later.

I had to go home alone with Bay, because Embry and Paul were going on patrol.

“So, we’re keeping secrets now?” I scoffed. “You and him had sex, and you didn’t even bother telling me?” I looked out the window. “I’m your sister and your sole guardian. I have the right to know. He’s also older than you Emma, that’s statutory rape. That’s illegal.”

“For fucks sake Bay, Paul’s seventeen and you two have been fucking like rabbits. And I'm eighteen now, or did you forget that too?”

That certainly shut her up. The car ride home was dead silent. I went straight to my bedroom the second I got home. I had school to catch up on.

“What is this? The silent treatment?” Bay asked barging into my bedroom.
“Fuck off Bailyn.” I muttered scrolling through my emails.
“Don’t talk to me like that.”
“You’re not my mom.”

“I’m sorry.” She said desperately.
“I know. I heard you.”
“Then why are you treating my like I killed your hamster.” She said sarcastically.
“Cut the innocent act, you and I both know sorry changed nothing.” She sighed.

“I have always been here for you, always.” I muttered darkly. “I was in a fucking coma, and you didn’t even know. I didn’t know where I was, I didn’t know who Embry was. All I wanted was you. I asked for you so many times, and you were with him!”

“Bay?” Paul called. She looked at my closed door painfully.
“Oh go run to your pretty boy.” I said glaring at her.

“Let’s talk this out Emma.”
“There’s is nothing to talk about. You are nothing to me. He obviously means more to you than I ever could. I’m done with you.” I yelled.
“Where are you gonna live? Or work? You can’t work where you do now, since I’m not your sister I’ll be sure to make you lose your job.” My jaw dropped. “And you can’t live here either, since I’m nothing to you.”

“Fine. I’ll figure something out.”
“I want you out by tomorrow.”
“Fine. Have a great life Bailyn, I hope I never see you again after tomorrow.”

I stormed out of my room and down the stairs. I pushed past Paul and out the door. Embry was on the porch.

“I could hear you.” He said the second he saw me.
“Hello to you too. Why are you here?” He smiled.
“Hi babe.” He spun me and kissed me softly. “Seth and Jake were already there.” I nodded and looked at my feet. “What are you gonna do?”
“Well, I’m turning eighteen soon. I suppose I’ll leave when I do.” His face dropped and he looked away. “Until then, can I stay with you?” Embry nodded and laced fingers with me.

“Come on, let’s go home.” I smiled as we walked to my car. “I’m driving.”
“Oh hell no.” I laughed and ran to my car. I got in and smiled. “Mm, it’s been a while. I’d missed my baby.” Embry chuckled and got in the passenger seat.

The rest of the night was rather uneventful. We didn’t have sex, doctors orders. We cuddled and watching disney movies together. I made him supper and it was nice.

It was sweet, and homey.

The next morning I woke up with Embry’s head resting on my shoulder. I smiled at the adorable boy and shifted a little. He sighed and moved back to the pillow. His eyes were still shut.

“Good morning Embry.” I whispered rolling on top of him. I kissed his nose softly.
“Too early, no.” He whined crinkling his face up.
“How long do I have to wait?”
“For?” I smiled softly.
“Sex?” He breathed out stiffly.

“That’s not gonna work, babe.” I groaned and rolled off of him. “Go take a shower silly girl, it’ll calm your hormones.” He smiled at me.
“You’re one to talk.” I said, remembering yesterday in the hospital. I kissed him roughly and got out of bed. “How’s that feel?” He didn’t open his eyes after the kiss. I smirked and walked away from him.

I took a quick shower and walked out in a towel to be greeted with Embry’s chest.

“I have some clothes for you, Leah dropped them off. I also made eggs.”
“So that’s the burning scent.” He rolled his eyes and handed me my clothes. He kissed my nose and then passed me to take his shower. I dressed in his- our bedroom.

Leah had picked me out an adorable outfit that consisted of an MTV shirt, some blue bleached jeans, white suspenders, and this awesome cross double ring. I played with my hair and the make up she also brought me. I put on the black rubber sandals and then went into the kitchen.

Embry really had burnt the eggs, that goof. “Emma?” I had started to make him and I pancakes in stead of eggs. He walked in the kitchen smiling, he was wearing khaki shorts and no shirt. He sat at the counter and watched me cook. “Do you want to get married?” My head popped up and I looked over at him.
“Married?” He laughed and shook his head.
“Only joking. I was just thinking about Bay and Paul.”

“She’s fucking marrying him!?” I screeched dropping the spatula. Embry’s jaw dropped. “That fucking- ugh I hate her. They haven’t even been dating that long, this is bullshit.” I writhed with anger. “Oh, and he’s fucking seventeen. This is bullshit.”

“You’ve said the word bullshit like twelve times now. And Paul turned eighteen the other day.” I glared at Embry.
“Twice, asshole.” He laughed and shook his head.
“Come on, let’s eat and then we can go shopping for your senior year” I sighed and nodded. I finished making the pancakes and we ate them quickly.

We went shopping and a few weeks later Blake and I started school together. We never left each others’ side. We made a few friends, but people weren’t very nice to us. We stuck together, like old times.
♠ ♠ ♠
I seriously love this chapter so much ugh.
I had so much fun writing the fighting scene
Hailey didn't approve me updating yet, but I'm too antsy to wait.
yay school's almost over.
I'll be losing my laptop though, so updates on my other stories and the sequel to this one will be sparing. Okaay, please comment c:
xoxo
tiffiny c: