Status: Being Written!

Crawl

I punched him

Gabriel:

I jumped up as I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and Brooke was standing here. "Hey, you all set?" I gave her a hug and then she shook her head. "Alright well let's head out kids." My dad motioned us out of the room and we left for the draft. While we were in the car I noticed Brooke seemed upset. I grabbed her hand and she looked up at me. "Everything okay?" "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" "What happened with Ryan?" She sighed, "is it that obvious?" "Yeah." "He got mad when I told him I was sitting with you." "Well, it's not his decision where you sit right?" "Yeah. I'm glad I'm sitting with you though, don't think I'm not." "I know you're happy to sit with me. And since you are sitting with me I better get a congratulatory hug and kiss from you when I get drafted." She looked at me and smiled. "Oh don't worry about that." She leaned in to kiss me, but my mom interrupted. "Actually I think his mom should give the first hug and kiss." I looked at Brooke and we laughed, my mom did to.

We got to the rink for the draft and the atmosphere was crazy. People taking pictures everywhere, people asking for autographs, and it was so crowded. We made our way to our seats after saying hi to millions of people that must have something to do with the NHL. I looked to the seats a few rows in front of ours and I saw Brooke's mom, dad, and brother. I rolled my eyes and looked around. I saw a few guys I knew because I played with them or against them last year. As the commissioner said his opening remarks the first pick was about to be announced everyone took their seats. I looked back down at Ryan and I noticed he already had unbuttoned his jacket and was ready to take it off. I clenched my fists, I wish I could just go down to his seat and punch him in the face. Brooke grabbed my arm and that made me relax my hands. "What's wrong?" "It's nothing. Just forget it." She looked down at her brother and saw what I saw. "Don't worry about him okay, he is a douche." "You got that right." We both laughed.

“And with the first pick, on behalf of the Edmonton Oilers, we proudly select form the Red Deer Rebels, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins!” Everyone cheered, I gave a few claps, but that was it. Brooke’s parents were acting like they had no idea Ryan would go first. I looked at Brooke and she was on her phone. I leaned over and whispered to her. “come on, if you stay on your phone too long you’re gonna miss the best part of the whole draft.” She looked at me with a confused look on her face. “And what would that be?” We both laughed as the representatives for the Avalanche walked up on stage. “With the second overall pick in this years draft.” Brooke squeezed my hand. “From the Kitchener Rangers, Gabriel Landeskog!” I stood up and hugged Brooke. “Don’t worry about all the shit that happened with Ryan, this is your moment right now.” I pulled away with a smile on my face and kissed her on the lips. “I love you.” “I love you too.” I hugged the rest of my family and handed my jacket to Brooke. I walked down to the stage and it finally hit me, my dreams are coming true, I am at the NHL entry draft and I just went second overall.

I walked up the stairs, shook the commissioner’s hand, and was given my jersey. I looked back where I was just sitting to see Brooke taking pictures and wiping tears from her eyes. I couldn’t stop smiling, I love this girl so much, and all the drama that we went through doesn’t matter anymore. Nothing her brother does or says to me can take away this moment. After we were done taking pictures I went off stage to start the interview process. Once I was done I could be reunited with my family. Unfortunately, I had to a lot of media stuff with Ryan, I hated that part. We got to see our families for a few minutes while the photographers set their stuff up. While I saw Brooke, my mom took a bunch of pictures of the two of us, and then they had to wait outside while Ryan and I finished up.

“You know Gabriel, I really didn’t think you had it in you.” “Had what?” I looked up from my phone and stared at Ryan. “The balls to date my sister. I mean she is a cute girl, but you know that it can’t and won’t last right?” “And why is that?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and started to get angry. “Well, I mean what is she gonna do? Move with you to Colorado? My parents won’t allow it, and there is no way you guys can pull off a long distance relationship. And the only time you guys see each other will be when you come to Edmonton? Good luck with that dude!” He rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone to text someone. “What is your problem?” I stepped forward and his head shot up. “My problem? I don’t have a problem, I just don’t want my sister getting hurt.” I took another step forward. “Oh yeah right Ryan! You don’t give a fuck about her so you can forget that lame ass excuse!” He looked me up and down, and then laughed. “Alright look, I just don’t want her to come crying to me saying I should have listened to you Ryan and that shit that she normally does.” He shrugged and looked back at his phone. “It’s not her fault the only guys she was allowed to date were bastards.” I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my shoulder. “Don’t touch me!” I through his hand down and got in his face. “Don’t talk shit about my teammates.” He noticed my fists were clenched and laughed.

“Oh Gabriel. You wanna punch me? You wouldn’t dare, if the Avalanche found out they would drop you so fast.” I unclenched my fists because I knew he was right. “You need to learn to relieve that stress man, or else you won’t make it in this league.” I knew if I got Ryan mad he might do something to get him in trouble, I wasn’t proud of what I was gonna say, but if it works then it’s worth it. “Okay, I’ll just go find your sister, I heard she is good at that kind of thing, or at least that’s what your teammates say.” He got so mad I didn’t even see it coming, but all I knew was my face hurt really bad and I was on the floor. “Don’t you ever fucking talk about my sister like that again!” The doors flew open and some workers came rushing in, one holding Ryan back and one checking on me. They let our parents in and Brooke came rushing over. “Gabriel, oh my god, you’re bleeding!” She turned to Ryan with tears in her eyes and got in his face. “What did you do!” “I punched him.” She walked back over as they helped me up. I put my arm on her shoulder as we began walking out so I could see a trainer. “You really are an ass you know that?” “Whatever you say sis.” We walked out in the lobby and they sat me in a chair as the trainer tried to stop the bleeding. Brooke and I looked up as the general manager for the Oilers called Ryan aside, and by the looks of it, it wasn’t for something good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it has been FOREVER, I started a bunch of other stories, and ext. So hope you enjoy, comment and subscribe.