All I Wanted Was Your Love

Chapter Thirteen

The shrill ringing of my phone was like a bullet to my head. I could hear Sam groaning as it just kept on screaming at me to pick it up. It didn’t seem to be ringing off so instead of hiding within my sleeping bag, for my head’s sake as well as Sam’s, I reached my hand out and felt around for my phone until I found it and pulled it to my ear.

“Hello?” My voice was raspy and my throat was dry. I don’t know how many bottles we got through in the end last night, all I could remember was Sam going into the house to get two more litre bottles.

“Morning princess,” Brendon’s voice boomed into my ear.

“Brendon, it’s too early,” I grumbled, gripping my head.

“Early? It’s 11am,” He said confused. When I didn’t say anything, his voice broke out again.

“I thought I better warn you that we are on our way,”

“Who’s ‘we’?” I muttered.

“Me, Ryan, Spence and Jon. Ryan got Sam’s address from social services and we’re like five minutes away. We’ve just stopped because Jon was complaining he needed to pee,” He warned yet I still couldn’t bring myself to move.

“Augh shit, don’t you have a show or something today?” I grumbled and pushed myself into a sitting position.

“No, we’re playing tomorrow. I’ve got to go, we’re getting back into the car, love you,” The dial tone then hit me so I threw my phone onto the ground.

“Sam, we’ve got to get up,” I mumbled and shook him gently.

“Isn’t your head killing you?” He groaned out.

“It feels like it’s going to fucking explode under the pressure,” I mumbled.

Five minutes later, I’d managed to drag some clothes on, however, the paracetamol that’d we’d taken hadn't kicked in yet so I still looked and felt like death. I had collapsed back on the grass with my eyes shut tightly. Sam was lying beside me in his boxers and the sun was shining down onto the two of us.

“Please stay longer,” Sam whispered from beside me.

“I wish I could,” I turned to looked at him and he did the same to me just as we heard the doorbell ring from within the house. However we didn’t move an inch until we heard Jane talking and then footsteps coming out into the garden.

“Beth, get your stuff together,” I looked up to see Brendon stood above me with a frown on his face. I sighed and sat up, only to wince at the headache, which was still riddling my mind.

Sam followed me into the house, he hadn’t said a word since Brendon had come over to us. We stepped into the kitchen to be met by the other three guys and Jane. Ryan looked Sam over and then his eyes met mine, but I quickly directed my eyes away.

“We best get going,” Spencer said and broke the awkward silence that had spread through the kitchen. I sighed and turned to Sam, pulling him into a tight hug.

“I’m going to miss you so much,” I whispered, trying to stop the tears from surfacing.

“I’ll try and come to one of the shows, I promise,” He whispered back.

“Are you hung over?” Ryan hissed at me as we got into the car. Ryan was driving, Spencer was sat beside him and then I was sat in between Jon and Brendon in the back.

“Slightly,” I mumbled. My head was still throbbing, but not as bad as before. I think I was just tired now. I looked over at Brendon but he looked away from me and out of the window.

“How much did you drink?” Ryan demanded. I fiddled with my fingers.

“Three or four bottles of vodka between us and a few beers,” I mumbled.

“You’re not drinking again for a long time,” Ryan muttered.

“And you better not have slept with him,” He added.

“Sam’s gay Ryan, so I don’t think he’s going to fucking sleep with me,” I hissed.

“Don't swear at me! You still lied to me Beth. I told you, you couldn’t come here yet you still did!” Ryan exclaimed so I glared at him from the backseat with tears filling my eyes all over again.

“Okay then, tell you what Ryan, I’ll take you away from all of your friends and everyone that you’ve ever known, and then you might actually understand!” I yelled back at him and a few tears escaped my eyes. I felt an arm go around me and expected it to be Brendon so it broke my heart when I realised it was Jon instead. I sighed and leant my head against his chest, wishing I knew why Bren was being so off with me; it’d only been ten minutes previously that he’d said he loved me. Jon soothingly rubbed his hand over my back and I wrapped my arms around his torso and slowly drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
About 4am this was written, so again, so sorry if it makes no sense at all :]
Comments would be appreciated :]