All I Wanted Was Your Love

Chapter Four

Beth's point of view still

“Right, so do you want to talk about what’s wrong?” Brendon asked me as we both sat down on the sofa. I looked at him and smiled weakly and nodded.

“I just miss how everything used to be. I miss my friends, my old life and strangely enough my mum and dad,” I mumbled and couldn’t stop fresh tears spilling from my eyes.

“You’ve never spoken of your parents before,” He said softly. He took my hand in his and gently stroked his thumb across my skin.

“They were the reason I ended up in care,”

“What happened?” He asked sounding unsure if it was a question he should ask.

“Dad hit me a little too hard one night and my PE teacher saw the bruise covering my shoulder blade and the bruise covering my stomach so she asked me about it before contacting the police. Social services took me away even though they didn’t have any evidence that it actually was my parents,” Brendon wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him and gently played with my fingers.

“What happened to your parents?” He asked softly.

“Nothing, like I said, they didn’t have any stone evidence against them,”

“Oh, well why didn’t you tell the police what happened and everything to make sure they did at least a little time in prison for it?”

“Because I love them, they may have hit me but it’s not like I never deserved it. How can you hate the people that brought you into the world?”

“I see your point but how can you deserve to be hit by your own parents?”

“Just trust me Bren, I’ve done some pretty bad shit in my past, but I’ve changed now and that’s all that matters,” He nodded slightly and smiled down at me. I lay down on the sofa with my head in Brendon’s lap and I looked up at his face and he looked back down at me.

“When are we in Sheffield?” I asked him and closed my eyes when he started playing with my hair.

“7th December to 12th December, why?”

“That’s in two days right?” I asked and he nodded in reply.

“Well do you think Ryan would let me go back to my old home town just for the weekend so that I can see Sam again,”

“Sam’s your best friends right?” Brendon asked me quietly.

“Yeah. If Ryan lets me, Sam’s brother can pick me up from the venue we’re at and I’ll be able to stay the weekend at their house. Do you think he’ll let me go?”

“I don’t know Beth. He may have only adopted you two months ago, but he cares for you and loves you like you are his real daughter,”

“I’ll ask him later then,” I mumbled tiredly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada!
Feedback?