The Story of Elliot

Chapter 2

'Here you go..' Josh said, carefully pulling out a piece of paper and handing it to Elliot.

'Thank you.' Elliot smiled a little.

'Here, you can fill it out in the back.' Josh said grabbing Elliot's hand and bringing her to a room with a couch, fridge, a table, some chairs and a couple of people.

'Um. Josh, who is this beautiful creature?' A man with short red hair spoke, smiling at Elliot. Josh shot him a small 'she's mine' look towards him and the man looked defeated.

'This is Elliot. She's applying for a job here, so I figured I'd let her fill itout back here.'

'Why would you think that, Countdown?' A short girl with reddish brown hair said. All Josh did was look down, at the girl, and smile.

'Because I do, Ava.' He said with a really big smile.

'Oh, I see now.' Ava said. The entire time Josh washolding onto Elliot's hand, and Elliot was completely confused. But she just went along with it.

'Here, sit here.' Josh said, pullijng out a chair for Elliot to sit at, She say down and Josh placed the application in front of her, giving her a pen too.

'Thank you.' Elliot said as Josh smiled and walked back into the store.

'That was... cool.' Elliot thought to herself, kind of confused about what just happened, yet kind of happy, because Josh was a cutie.

'Alright, let's fill this application out. First Name, Middle Initial, and Last Name. Elliot A. Bassin. Age and D.O.B: 16 3/23/1995...' She continued to fill out the application while still listening to her iPod but she could still hear the whispers from the workers behind her.

'Ava. I think Josh has the hots for Elliot.' The redhead said, putting his hands behindhis head and leaning back on the couch.

'I think you're right, Matt. Maybe I should go talk to her. Joshie could have a girlfriend.' Ava said smiling.

Elliot could barely make out the whispers. From what she heard, they were talking about her and Josh, which could have been an awkward topic, she thought. It was impossible for him and her to be in a conversation, let alone together. The only thing they had in common, or so sheknew, wasthat they shared a love of Kingdom Hearts, Her thoughts were interrupted when Ava came and sat next to her.

'Hi there. I'm Ava.'

'Elliot.' She said, taking out her headphones to talk to her.

'Hahah, I knew that. It's not like Josh didn't say that when he walked in,' she laughed, 'so I'm pretty sure he likes you.'

Elliot sat in silence for a while. 'I'm pretty surehe likes you.' The words echoed in her head,almost as if she was in denial of it. She knew she was attractive, but coming out of a breakup like that, and being called fat, ugly, and worthless, she found it exteremely hard to believe. So hard, she couldn't even form workds to say to what Ava suggested.

'W-What?'

'Countdown, well, Josh. I'm almost positive he likes you.'

'Well, what makes you say that?' Elliot said, still shocked.

'He wouldn't have broughten you in here, for one, the way he looked at Matt when he called you beautiful, the way he smiled when he introduced you, the way he basically didn't let go of your hand. It's obvious, both Matt and I see it.'

Elliot really didn't know what to say. It was pretty obvious. Josh Olson liked her. THE Josh Olson liked her. Her and all of her friends would talk about how cute he is, and stuffl like that, but they never would have expected that he'd end up liking one of them.

She just sat there with a blank expression on her face as she was trying to process what she had just been told.

'Um,... Earth to Ellie..' Ava said waving a hand in front of her Elliot's face, 'I can call you that, right?'

'Huh? Oh, yeah, you can. Hahah. Most of my friends do, anyway'

'I can tell we're going to get along pretty well.' Ava said, putting a hand on Elliot's shoulder, then getting up and going back into the shop.

'What... just.. happened..?' Elliot thought to herself, still trying to process what she had just been told.
♠ ♠ ♠
asdfghjkasdasd. My WordPad did the whole 'Not Responding' thing, so I got scared, and I started to cry a little.. because I really didn't want to have to type this all out. Again. Thank God everything is okay now.. *sigh*
But. SECOND CHAPTER. YUS.

Comment, rate, and subscribe please! I want to know if I should continue, so don't be a silent reader ^=^