Status: In Progress

Falling Into Place

Chapter 14

I drove to the hospital. I asked the nurse at the nurse's station for Summer's room number. When I thought about the reason I was there, I only got angrier. It's my fault she's here. Derrick, that asshole he beat her up because of me. Of course I was mad at her for lying to me, but he didn't have to beat my best friend up.I just left him there, in his druken stupor.

I didn't feel one damn bit of remorse for what I did to him, if anything he deserved worse. I knew the effects of the pepper spray. It will look like someone sprayed acid on his face, and left it there. There will be big burns, and he'll never look the same again. The effects will look even worse, because his rational mind isn't working. The spray will stay their longer it'll look even worse. No one will want to be around him, much less date him, star quarterback or not. I hope he freaks out, and knowing how he is about his looks he will. Everytime he looks in the mirror, I hope he thinks Jessica did this to me. I hope he thinks, and I deserved it. He'll know some of what i'm capable of. I felt no remorse for him. NONE.

I know the whole school will realize he got beaten up by a girl, because guys don't carry pepper spray. I laughed inspite of myself. The nurse shot me a look. She had been trying to get my attention. Whoops I thought to myself. She must think I'm crazy. I took the paper she had been trying to hand me. I took the elevator to the floor Summer's room was on. I walked to it.

When I got there I saw Jack trying to comfort her. I heard who I guess were her parents agrueing. Then I saw him help her into a wheelchair. When they rolled past me. I saw the damage he did to her. It served to only make me angerier at him, and I wished I had done more to hurt Derrick like he hurt her.

I couldn't help it. I just stared. Jack didn't stop, he just rolled her on towards the elevator. When I could finally move again; they were already in the elevator and the doors were closed. i beat on the door for a second and then looked for the stairs not willing to wait on the next elevator. I rushed down the stairs, by the time I got down them I was breathless.

I saw her and Jack by the fountain. I started over to them. I wanted to apologize to Summer for getting mad, for Derrick being an ass. I wanted to tell her I took care of Derrick, that he wouldn't mess with us again.

I hoped she could forgive me. I wanted to let her know I care what happens to her. That Derrick's karma got him. I realized I would try and help out in anyway I could. If only she'd let me. She's my best friend and no asshole could change that.

I looked at her. "I'm sorry Summer. This is my fault. If I hadn't gotten mad he wouldn't have done this." I heard the regret in my voice, but what I didn't realize was that I was crying too.
♠ ♠ ♠
leave a comment plz! how am I doing to bring out Jess's dark side?