Status: In Progress

Falling Into Place

Chapter 7.

I looked down at my phone and almost ripped my hair out. It bothered me that I had to be the person to call at about 7am. I wasn't even half way to school yet. My legs ached and my body was stiffened from pain. I hated walking. I hated everything about right now ,but I answered Jess's call.

"Hey, I got a new car!" she all ,but screamed.

"I need to get a new ear," I said jokingly.

"You need a ride?" she asked me and I thought about saying no.

I really did think about it ,but then I looked around at the construction site I was crossing. I looked at my glass covered sleeve. I closed my eyes and faced the fact that I did need help and I hoped she wouldn't ask to many questions. I hated trying to cover up for my dad anyways. I didn't want to tell the truth either though.

"Yeah, I meet you at the corner of Henning," I said with a deep sigh.

"You okay, girly?" she suddenly asked.

"Yeah, I'm cool. See you in a few," I said hanging up as I continued my walk to Henning.

Tears started to touch my face as I walked. My walk became a jog which before long was a bitter sprint. I couldn't stand walking, I couldn't stand life, I couldn't stand even being here. I hated myself, my parents, my house, my room, I hated almost everything. Almost is a big word.