Status: Complete

I Don't Want This to Fade Away, as Easy as It Came

Clubbing with The Maine

“Elena, baby work with me here,” I nearly yelled at the two-year old. She was whining about Jonathan. Even though John was quiet obviously her dad, she loved Jonathan. She resorted to calling him dad. John was daddy, Jonathan was dad, and I was mommy. We’re one fucked up family.
“I wanna see dad!” She was crying and she stomped her foot.
“You will get to see him tomorrow!” I yelled at the little girl. Then the water works started. I huffed, aggravated at her. I popped her on the butt and she stopped almost instantly. “That’s enough. You can’t always get what you want, baby. You know that.”
“I don’t wike you.” She glared and crossed her arms.
My child had my attitude to the max. I pray she doesn’t grow up as free spirited as me. I was way to open to new experiences...if you know what I mean. My mom was a hippie was ‘say no to drugs’ was never really taught in my house hold. So...genuinely, I almost never said no to drugs. It was all a learning experience that I wished I never took part in.
“You don’t have to like me,” I stated. “You need a nap.”
“No I don’t!” She argued.
“Yes you do, Ellie.” I stated. I picked her up and carried her to her room. I laid her down in her bed, with her crying and screaming. I ignored her as I closed the door. She’ll just wear herself out and eventually fall asleep. Twenty minutes later, the crying finally stopped and I assumed that she was asleep. I knew being a single mom wasn’t easy...but at times like these, I realized how hard they really are. I try to do a lot for Elena, but it’s extremely hard. I am in a band and I do travel a whole lot. It just so happens that her ‘dad’ and ‘daddy’ are in bands too.
Deciding that I needed a nap myself, I walked into my bedroom, and I laid down on my bed. My phone vibrated loudly in my pocket, and I picked it up. I had a text message from John, letting me know that The Maine had just landed in Dallas and they were on their way to my house. I didn’t even reply. I gave John one of my house keys right before he left last month for this reason exactly. So I can sleep and not be disturbed when doing so. I cuddled up to my blankets and drifted off soon after.
I guess I got an hour nap in because when I woke up, male voices filled my big, Dallas home. I walked out of my room and down the hall. Once I reached my huge living room, I saw all five members of The Maine plus Elena. They were laughing and joking while she sat on Kennedy’s lap. I sat down on the recliner, and Elena spotted me first. She easily slipped off of Kennedy’s lap and she ran toward me. Once she was at my knees, I picked her up and sat her down with me.
“I sorry, mommy,” She pouted before kissing my cheek.
“Sleeping Beauty was awakened!” Emmie yelled, walking into the living room. “How are you feeling sunshine?”
“Like I need to go back to sleep.”
“No, no, no.” Emmie shook her head. “We’re going out tonight.”
“Again? We had Lyric’s Bachelorette party last night.” I replied. “Which I’m still trying to recover from,”
Emmie rolled her eyes.
“The seven of us are going out right now.” Emmie stated. “Jonathan’s watching Elena. I’ve planned everything out.”
I huffed.
“Em, do you have the slightest memory as to what happened when we went out...besides last night.”
Emmie rolled her eyes.
“Whatever. El, get ready,”
“Okay!” She stated, sounding happy as she ran to get her some clothes for Jonathan’s.
“I pray to God that you’re dropping her off.”
“I am,” Emmie smiled. “No come on. I wanna get fucking wasted!”

“Of course you do,”
“You can afford to get plastered to, ya know.”
“I know.” I sighed. “Give me a little while. I have to get dressed.”
“I sure as hell am not going in this either.” Emmie stated.
“I’ll be right back then. Hey guys, and sorry for sleeping so long,” I stated before I went back into my room. I went to my closet in search of a dress that I’ve yet to wear. I found a long sleeve, black mini-dress that I just bought a few weeks ago. I quickly took it off the hanger. I was really excited that I was finally able to wear it. I ran to the bathroom and I quickly changed into the dress. It made me feel hot and dangerous. I giggled to myself for the Ke$ha reference. Then I continued to hum the song while I played with my messy and wavy hair. I finished it off with some hairspray. After I reapplied my make-up, I looked down at my bare feet. I was trying to think of some kind of shoe I could possibly wear. Then I got the idea. I basically sprinted out of my bathroom and into the living room.
“EMILY FUCKING DAYYYYY!” I called.
She walked into the living room in her bra and underwear with a tooth brush in her mouth.
“You rang?”
“I need shoes.” I pointed down at my bare feet. “Can I borrow those ones with the thingys on them?”
“You mean the ones with the heel and the thing in the front?” She questioned, taking the toothbrush from her mouth.
"Yeah! The ones that you bought when you got that....’thing’.”
Emmie nodded before she disappeared.
“What...was that?” Kennedy laughed.
“That was girl code for ‘give me those mother fucking shoes’.” I shrugged.
Emmie walked back with the shoes, and tossed them at me.
“Try not to spill anything in them...okay?”
“I’ll try.” I playfully winked at her. She rolled her eyes and went back to her room to get ready. I easily slipped on the shoes. “I’m ready.” I announced. “I think...”
“I’m not!” Emmie yelled from her bathroom.
I laughed and sat down the recliner.
“Where is my mini-me?” I questioned.
“In her room still,” John answered with a laugh.
“Okay. Good.” I laughed before I stood up. I walked through the house, and got to Elena’s room. “Baby, are you ready?”
“Yes,” She stated. Elena walked out of the room with her overnight bag in her hands. “Can I go see dad now?”
“Go to daddy first.” I stated.
Elena didn’t even reply before she was running over to John. She dropped her small bag and surprised him by jumping on his lap.
“Whoa...hey,” he laughed, wrapping her up in his arms. “Are you ready?”
“Yes!” She giggled.
“I’ve got her,” Emmie stated, walking into the room, barefoot. She swooped Elena up in her arms and headed toward the door.
“Um...Em?”
“Yeah?”
“You need shoes.”
Emmie looked down at her feet before setting Elena down and going to get her own shoes. She came back and Elena grabbed her bag before the two of them were out the door. I huffed and stood up. I placed both hands on my hips.
“Should we go?”
“Yeah,” The guys all agreed before we went out to my car.
I wanted to get plastered.



“Oh my gosh,” I groaned as I rolled over in my bed. I noticed that I wasn’t alone, but that didn’t exactly bother me. I felt sick to my stomach, and I didn’t want to move. But I had too, or else my stomach contents would be all over my bed. I ran to the bathroom and hurled up as much as I possibly could. I slipped on my bathrobe when I was done. I brushed my teeth quickly before I walked back into my bed room. Laying on my bed was Kennedy typing away at his phone. I cleared my throat, and he looked up at me.
“Good Morning,”
“Morning,” I mumbled back, feeling the dryness of my mouth.
“Sorry about not leaving. I just couldn’t get up. Your bed fucking rocks,”
I chuckled a little bit.
“Thanks, Kenny.”
“You’re welcome.” He laughed before he sat down his phone on one of my nightstands. He reached for his boxers and slipped them on under the blanket before he stood up. “You know that you don’t take no for an answer when you’re drunk, right?”
“I’m sorry,” I apologized quickly.
“No need to apologize. It’s a one night stand, right?” He asked, now fully dressed.
I laughed, relief washing over me.
“Right,”
“I’m going to our extra room.” He stated before he waltzed out of my bed room.
I ran a hand through my messy hair. I decided that I needed a shower. I walked back into my bathroom, ready to clean myself. After my half an hour shower, I walked into my bedroom and slipped on some pajamas. I let my hair wavy naturally, and I braided it carefully. We had a really long drive ahead of us. I noticed that it wasn’t even ten yet. We would definitely make it in time for the wedding. I was thankful for that.
I walked out of my room, and into the living room. Everyone was standing there, ready to go one our long drive to Corpus Christi. I noticed that Elena was clinging to John’s hand for dear life. He smiled over at me.
“When did she get here?” I asked, walking over to them with my bag.
“I went to pick her up,” John stated. “Jonathan didn’t look too happy, but I think he’ll get over it.”
“Thanks,” I smiled. “Elena, did you have fun?”
“I did!” She stated, smiling at me. “We played games with Caweb,”
“Awe,” I giggled.
Emmie walked back from her room.
“Are you people ready?” She asked, holding the buzznet camera. “I’m getting this on film.”
“Greattttt,” I trailed off, earning laughs from The Maine.
“Shut your trap. I love this thing. Now let’s get moving.”
“Okay.” Garrett agreed before we were all out of the house and in a rented ran. Elena was the first in, because we had to make sure she was safely seated. John and I sat on each side of her. It made me feel better about her being in this van for nearly seven hours.
This was going to take forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Newwww chapter :)

♥ Rae