Status: A work in progess. :)

You Got Me.

Everything's fine.

Image

I wasn't going to keep doing this to myself.

Yes, I probably went about it the most irrational way possible, but I didn't regret anything I said to her. What I did regret was the way I said it because it made her cry. That was not something I set out to do and not something I ever made her do and it honesty hurt me the most knowing that she took what I said in the worst way possible when she knows I would never hurt her.

I was determined though. Determined to make her mine. Determined to see her smile again. So determined I asked her on a date that was pointless.

But if it was important to her I'd make it important to me.

I quickly slid on my cardigan that she loved. I mean, come on, if I was going to do this, I was going to do it right.

I ran my hand through my hair with a sigh as I stared at myself in the mirror.

I didn't want to do this.

Dates were something you did with people to get to know them or to get them in bed with you.

I already knew the girl like the back of my hand and getting her to sleep with me was honestly the last thought on my mind. I mean....it would be nice, but not on my mind!...well, not my first thought.

I also decided to shove her ring into my front pocket. I mean, maybe this would go my way...or maybe I'm just too full of hope these days.

I finally grabbed my phone and keys before heading to my car. Even I found it hard to believe that I was out an about at 10 in the morning.

Oh the things I do for this girl.

Once I pulled up at her apartment I grew nervous for some odd reason. This wasn't right. I couldn't go on a date with a girl I was already positive I was madly in love with. What I needed to prove to her was that she in fact feels the same.

I quickly walked up the stairs to her place and knocked on her door impatiently.

She opened it a few seconds later clearly already ready for our so called date.

"Hey." She said softly and I leaned against the door frame.

"We're not doin this." I said and a confused look crossed her face.

"Doing what?"

"This date. I'm not goin' on a date wif yeh cause that's what yeh do ta get ta know someone. I know yeh betta than I know myself. So no, we're not goin' on a date." I said seriously.

"Um, ok..." she whipered.

"But I want to try somefin'." I said confidently as I stepped closer to her and closed the door behind me.

She gave me a nervous look and I brought my hand to her cheek.

"I'm gonna kiss yeh Maria and yeh gonna kiss meh back. I don't want any modesty. Don't hold back, cause I'm not goin' to." I said honestly as I inched closer to her.

I could tell she was nervous as she crossed her arms and bit her lip.

"Stop doin' that." I said softly letting my finger graze her bottom lip.

Her eyes locked with mine and the nerves she had inside I could now feel simply from the look she was giving me.

"It's ok Maria. It's juss meh." I whispered before pressing my lips to hers. Once our lips touched I almost stopped breathing. If this wasn't enough for her nothing ever would be. Lucky for me though she began to kiss me back. Her arms went around my neck and at this moment I may not have been able to think straight, but I knew I didn't want this to end. I pressed her against the wall as she parted her lips allowing my tongue to roam her mouth.

Did she feel anything more than just us kissing? Was she having a mini heart attack at our contact like I was? Logical thoughts started to enter my mind again and I knew I had to find out now not later.

I forced my lips off of her, yet I couldn't seem to do the same for my arms that held on to her tightly.

The only noise filling the hall was our heavy breathing and I finally made myself look from the wall to her.

"Please say somefin." I said desperately and she sighed as she leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes.

"What does that mean?" I asked and she finally spoke, "why did you do that?"

"Because I love yeh and I know yeh love meh too." I said leaning into her and kissing her cheek gently.

"Maria, what yeh finkin' bout?" I asked and she opened her eyes slowly.

"You."

"I don't know whetha that's good or not..."

"Good."

"Good fings?" I asked with a small grin.

She nodded and I touched my forehead to hers, "prettah girls like yeh don't fink good thoughts of blokes like meh." I whispered as I ran my hand into her hair.

"Yes they do."

"Well yeh must tell meh what they fink bout then." I said softly as I closed my eyes taking in her being this close to me because although I saw her last night I missed her like crazy.

"Pretty girls better not be thinking of you."

I chuckled, "Why is that?"

"Because..." she said at a whisper and a grin hit my lips.

"Doesn't matta anyways. I only want one girl ta fink of meh. I juss dunno if she does."

"She does."

"What bout?"

"Just that she loves how cute you are in this." She said tugging on my cardigan and I laughed softly.

"I wear it cause she likes it." I said honestly and she gave me a grin.

"I juss, need ta know how she feels cause I can't even fink straight wifout her." I said kissing her neck gently as I pulled her to my chest.

Her arms wrapped around my torso and I kissed her jaw.

"I love you." She said into my shirt and I know my heart picked up speed I was just praying she couldn't hear it.

"Love meh like I love yeh?" I managed to ask.

"Yes."

I couldn't hold back the smile that hit my lips and I pulled her back so I could look at her. She seemed a bit embarrassed at her confession, but I was completely on top of the world.

"Yeh mean that?"

"No. I lied. Gotcha!" She said jokingly and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course I mean it." She whispered.

"Good." I said brushing her cheek softly.

"Marry meh?" I asked softly remembering the ring box in my pocket.

"Oliver..."

"I mean it Maria. I love yeh and I want to spend foreva wif yeh. There isn't any part of me that has doubt about that." I said as I pulled the box from my pocket.

This wasn't how I imagined it happening. This wasn't as lovely and dream-like as I wanted it to be for her, but it was now or never.

"You know when I said my brothers now wanted me to marry you I was being sarcastic."

"Yeh know what? I don't care what they fink. I'm askin yeh, not them. Yeh old enough ta make yeh own decisions." I said seriously.

"So I'm gonna ask yeh again Maria. Will yeh marry meh?" I asked softly as I opened the ring box. I figured the whole one knee thing would be the cheesy thing she wouldn't like.

She bit her lip as she stared at the ring.

"Yeh know how I feel bout yeh Maria. It's not gonna go away or change in any way. Truss me, I accepted it a long time ago. I don't want anyone but yeh. If yeh don't feel tha same then by all means don't say yes. It would kill meh more if yeh juss said yes ta not hurt my feelins. I want yeh ta be happy. Wif or wifout meh. I juss need ta know which one it is."

"I told you I love you."

"Lovin someone and wanting to be wif someone are two different fings."

She shook her head no as tears filled her eyes and for a moment I though she was saying no and I almost passed out, but she quickly spoke, "not when it comes to you." She said softly as her tears began to fall.

"What does that mean sweetie?" I asked trying to be patient but I was finding it hard to.

"Gosh Oli and you call me daft. I love you so I want to be with you."

"Yeah I must be daft cause yeh talk in bloody code. Are yeh gonna marry meh or not?" I asked and she began to laugh.

"This goes down in history as the most demanding proposal ever."

A grin hit my lips, "I tried tha nice way. Didn't work wif yeh."

She rolled her eyes and I removed my hand from her so I could pull the ring out of the box. I didn't realize how nervous I actually was until I noticed I was shaking as I placed the box back into my pocket. I gently grabbed her hand to place the ring on her finger.

"Maria, the only time I am completely happy is when I am wif yeh. Yeh complete meh. Yeh have and yeh always will. Yeh tha only girl I can fink bout spendin foreva with and not be completely terrifed. I love yeh so much words are not even enough to do it justice." I said sincerely as she cried but I knew this time it wasn't because she was upset.

"So, if yeh ok wif spendin' foreva wif meh, I'm all in." I said softly, "Will yeh marry meh my love?" I asked and this time she simply nodded and I slid the ring on her finger before she threw her arms around me.

"Of course I'll marry you. I love you." She said into my neck and I smiled as I lifted her face to mine so I could kiss her.

If I was any happier I'm afraid i'd die right here in this moment.

"I love yeh sweetie." I said kissing her several times before she removed her arms from me.

She wiped her tear stained cheeks as I stood there smiling at how completely perfect she was.

"Wanna sit?" I asked and she nodded instantly. I grabbed her hand gently and pulled her to the couch.

"Do yeh like tha ring?" I asked as she cuddled against me.

Which was nothing out of the ordinary but it felt completely different now.

"Yes. It's beautiful. Did you pick it out yourself?" She asked staring at her hand.

"Yep. Marlie came wif meh for reassurance but I picked it out. I dunno, I didn't fink i'd be able to find one. I mean, I'm a guy, but when I saw that one I was juss like yeah that's her."

She gave me a smile and I kissed her forehead.

"Yeh ok wif bein juss mine?" I asked holding her to me.

"I think I'll be ok."

"What bout Matty?" I asked and she laughed, "he doesn't like meh like that."

"How do yeh know?"

"Apparently he asked me out so you would just admit how you feel."

I glared at her, "That is not funnah at all."

"I didn't say it was."

"So yeh neva liked him eitha?"

"No..." she winced and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Don't be mad. It wasn't my idea."

"Yeh went along wif it."

"I didn't want to. Matty and Tom made me."

"Well it good job cause it propa pissed meh off." I said removing my arms from her. I didn't want to ruin my good mood, but I didn't like to be played like I was stupid either.

"Ok. I didn't know that and we just went out once."

"Whateva." I mumbled.

"Are we having our first marital fight?" She asked and I couldn't help but chuckle softly.

Damn her.

"Don't do that 'gain Maria. I mean it. I thought on several occasions bout killin' Matt. Then how would yeh feel if I did?"

"I would be like thank god I didn't marry that idiot!" She said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes with a grin and she wrapped her arms back around me.

"Plus, it will be impossible to do that again since I'm marring you." She whispered and I smiled, "Yeah. Marryin' meh. Maria Sykes, I could get use ta hearin' that." I admitted.

she giggled and I kissed her softly, "I love yeh."

"I love you too." She said and this time there wasn't any questioning it.

I knew she meant it as much as I did and I now, in a cheesy way, felt more completed than I thought possible.

She was all I ever needed that I was sure of.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End??
I can't decide if I want this to be the last chapter or not. :|
Thoughts?