Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

tolv.

“John, it's your turn.” Grace sleepily mumbled as she rolled over to smack him on the chest.
“I'm up! I'm up!” John said as he sat up, slowly making his way out of the bed.

John had basically moved in to Grace's apartment since the day they brought Silas home. He was already a month old and time was flying by. They had a wonderful impromptu Christmas dinner, the night they finally came home and New Years was nothing special for either of them. Grace was exhausted and overwhelmed most of the day, but at least she had John. John was growing more and more tired everyday. He wasn't the person to do routine, which he had fell into. The band and him had put recording on hold and John was anxious to get back into the studio. He sleepily made his way into the kitchen to make a bottle. He glanced at the clock that read 4:32 A.M. He grunted to himself as he scooped the formula into the small bottle and grabbing the room temperature gallon of infant water. Silas' crying came to a stop, while he was walking back into the room. Grace was cradling him, singing softly.

“Baby mine, don't you cry, baby mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my hear, never part, baby of mine. Little one when you play, don't you mind what you say. Let those eyes sparkle and shine. Never a tear, baby of mine.”

John has never heard Grace sing, he knew she had a voice because to get into the music department at ASU, you had to audition. He didn't know that her singing voice was that beautiful. He came slowly into the room, handing Grace the bottle. She kept on singing, while feeding the bottle to Silas. John sat down next to her, wrapping his arm around her waist and joined in on the rest of the lullaby. He knew the song well because when he was a child Dumbo was his favorite movie and his mother always sang this song too him.

“If they knew sweet little you, they'd end up loving you too. All those same people who scold you, what they'd give just for the chance to hold you. From your head to your toes, you're so precious to me. Cute as can be, baby of mine.”

Silas was falling back asleep, still sucking away at the bottle. Grace slowly got up, placing Silas in his bassinet and propping the bottle up with blankets. John had already crawled back on to his side of the bed. Grace got under the covers and moved over until she was pressed up against John. He put his arm around her pulling her closer.

“I love you, Grace.” He whispered into her ear.
“I love you too, John.” She whispered back, kissing his chest.

“Good Morning, sunny Phoenix, it's 7 A.M. And this is DJ Rocco in the -”

Grace hit the off button on the alarm. John rolled over, grunting and covering his head with a pillow. His shaggy brown hair stuck up out of the pillow and Grace couldn't help but giggle lightly before climbing out of bed. For once, Silas was still asleep as she woke up, she knew it was a matter of time. She grabbed some clothes from her dresser and stepped into the bathroom. Her showers lately have been nothing but get in, clean up, get out. Grace started the hot water, pulling the tab for the shower head. She undressed and stepped into the tub, letting the hot water lightly burn her skin. She got use to the temp quickly and relaxed under the water. She took all the time she needed before getting out. She turned off the shower and heard Silas crying. She quickly dried off and got dressed. She exited the bathroom, crossing the small space to the room to find John picking up Silas.

“Don't you look beautiful this morning, sweetheart.” John said, making his way over with Silas. He placed a quick kiss on Grace's lips.
“I'm going to take Silas over to my moms, would you like to come?” She asked.
John shrugged, “Sure. Why not? Maybe we can stop by my house, I'm running out of clothes here and the boys miss me.”
“I think that's a plan, Stan.” Grace chuckled to herself and John just shook his head.
“Go get a bottle for me, so I can feed little man here before you get him dressed.” He said.

Grace turned the other direction towards the kitchen. Beethoven was waiting patiently by the front door as she passed it, “Just a minute, Beethoven.. I'll take you bye-bye.” The little dog began to shake his tail and snorting.

John fed Silas, burping him when the bottle was empty.

“Oh gross, little dude.” John laughed as he stood up. Silas had burped up some of his formula on to John's naked shoulder.

Grace entered the living room with clothes for Silas.

“Oh, finally!” Grace laughed, picking up the baby from John. Until this point, Silas had yet to burp up formula on John. He'd gotten it all over himself, Grace, both his grandmothers and Julia, but not John.
“You! Be quiet!” John flushed red as Grace continued to laugh.

Between her laughter she managed to tell him to go get ready and John left the room playfully pouting at her.

It was late January and for Arizona was battling a cold front that came down from Canada. Grace situated Silas in his car seat before shoving her small feet into her favorite pair of Uggs. John came out, ready to go, simply wearing a hoodie and skinny jeans. Grace finished buttoning up her coat before grabbing the car seat and heading out the door.

“Aren't you going to be cold?” She asked him as they entered her car.
“The car has heating, your mom's house has heating, my house had heating, so no, I will not be cold Grace.” John lightly laughed, but Grace didn't think it was funny.

She turned the volume up on the radio, so they wouldn't have any more conversation. She was annoyed by his answer because it was a simple yes or no question. Yet he answered it like a smart ass. They hadn't really fought yet, even when she was hormonal and pregnant, he always did things to make her anger subside and he rarely found himself getting annoyed or angered with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
GAH THIS CHAPTER SUCKS.

Thanks and love goes to: Confide., kmrs1235, emo_jamiet, smithy333, and luvriot.

Comments? Subscribe? Somebody make me a banner?

Gah.