Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

trzynaście.

The last five months have been a pain in the ass for Grace and John.The day she got annoyed with him on the way to her mothers had started their endless arguing over the last couple of months. John had been back in the studio for the last three months. He had stopped temporally living at Graces and was staying at his house with the band. He was missing his son's milestones like learning how to crawl, the first of his baby talk and his first tooth. Grace was struggling, she had unintentionally became a single parent because John decided to turn his back.

Silas was crawling on the kitchen floor as Grace plated her dinner. She opened the cupboard and pulled out two small glass jars, one smashed peas and one smashed carrots. She knelt down to pick up her son. She held him with one arm and showed him the two bottles.

“Okay Si, peas or carrots?” She asked.

He just simply looked at her, “Of course you don't know which one you want yet.”

She grabbed her plate of food, his jar and a baby spoon for him. She sat down on the floor of her living room. Some Baby Einstein was playing on the TV. She carefully held on to Silas as she fed him. If she were to put him down, he'd take off through the living room. His favorite spot in the house was the kitchen and she had no clue why. If he ever went missing in the house, she'd always find him crawling around on the small tile floor. Silas began to get fussy as she tried to feed him a spoonful of the smashed peas.

“Oh, C'mon, Si, you liked it the other night.” She tried to give him another spoonful, but he kept on fussing. “Okay, I'll eat my dinner then.”

Grace put the spoon back into the jar of baby food and stood up. She placed him in his playpen and took a seat on the couch. Silas was content in there, never really fussing he simply just sat there and made baby noises, giggling at his stuff animals. Grace smiled over at her son, he was the best thing in her life. Grace changed the channel on the TV and started to eat her dinner.

“You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.”

Grace pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked down, JohnOh glowed from the screen. She sighed before sliding the answer key on the screen.

“Hi John.”
“Hey sweetheart.”
“Oh stop with that crap, John.”
“Grace, I know I haven't been home a lot lately, I had to move back here to record.”
“It's not about you being here John, it's about you not seeing and taking care of your son.”
“Do you not understand that I have a deadline for this album?”
“I do understand, but you have a SON JOHN.” She couldn't hold it in anymore. “YOU'RE NOT HERE ANY MORE JOHN, YOU'RE NEVER HERE. YOUR SON HAS BEEN CRAWLING AROUND FOR COUPLE OF WEEKS ALREADY AND YOU HAVE YET TO SEE IT. YOU HAVE A FIANCEE THAT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IN THREE WEEKS, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?”

Grace began to sob, she couldn't stop the tears from falling down her cheek. John didn't even know what to say because his line was quite, all she could hear was him taking deep breaths.

“I'm sorry, Grace.”
“No you're not.” She managed to get out between her sobs.

She slide the end button across the screen and threw the phone across the room. Grace sat there for a few moments to collect herself before she stood up and made her way to Silas.

“C'mon, let's go see Daddy.”

----------------------------

John looked down at his phone after he had noticed that Grace hung up. He let the phone drop on the carpeted floor of his bedroom. He sighed heavily, brushing his hands through his hair.

“What's wrong baby?” He looked over and saw that Veronica had entered the room.
“Nothing, I need some space, you should go home.” He sighed again.

Veronica walked over and sat on John's lap, placing her arms around his neck and giving him a kiss on the cheek, “You can talk to me baby.”

“I'm cheating on my fiancee, who is the mother of my son.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Had to give you some drama at some point.