Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

111111111111111111111111111111 (eleven)

The club was filling up really quickly and I wondered briefly how he managed to get us past all the screaming girls. JB led us to the very front and center of the stage, and left us to head back.
“Mind if I hang out with you girls?” Val asked, smiling as she stood beside me so I was in between her and Emma.
I smiled back and grabbed her arm, pulling her in close to me.
“You can be my mosh buddy.”
She laughed. “I haven’t been down on the crowd for so long.” She groaned.
“You watch the shows though, don’t you?”
She nodded. “Yeah, but it’s always from the sides of the stage. It’s good because no one’s trying to toss you around, but it’s good to be down here every once in a while.”
I nodded and turned to watch as the entire room filled up with people. A bunch of girls were right behind us and one of them brushed against my ass, getting a little closer than necessary, but that was to be expected.
A few more minutes of talking with Val and I absolutely loved her. She was such a sweetheart at that moment, I knew that I had a new best friend.
“So how long have you and Matt been together?” I asked and she laughed.
“God, it’s been about…eight years, I think.” She laughed again and shook her head as I gaped at her.
“Eight years?”
“Something like that. It’s been so long that it’s hard to keep track but we were friends first. We met in grade school, then we started dating in junior high and we’ve been together ever since. He’s my best friend.”
“Aw.” I nudged her and she rolled her eyes before changing the subject.
“So what do you think of Syn?”
“What do you mean?”
She shrugged and turned to look at me. “I don’t know. You two seem to get along really well.”
“Yeah, he’s a sweetheart.” I said in a dreamy voice and she smiled slyly at me.
“I take it he’s your favorite member.”
I hesitated, wondering if she would tell him what I said. But I trusted her.
“Yeah, he’s pretty much my God.” I answered honestly and laughed at myself as she did. “He’s amazing, he really is.”
“He’s like a big teddy bear, isn’t he?” She nodded, agreeing with me. “Out of all the guys, he’s the one I go to if I have a problem or if I need to someone talk about something – well, besides Matt. He’d do anything for anyone, especially someone he cares about. And, I will admit it, he’s fucking hot.” She sighed and looked pointedly at me. “He will definitely make some girl very happy one day.”
I nodded and smiled back, even as my heart sank because I knew that that girl would not be me.
The lights darkened then and the music to Beetlejuice started as everyone started to scream in excitement. The lights on the stage were almost black, but I could see faint shadows and narrowed my eyes to watch people move along the stage. When the lights came back on, I looked immediately over to stage left as the guys started playing and locked eyes with Syn. He smirked and winked at me before looking down at his guitar and started the show.

“That was fucking awesome!” Emma screamed from beside me as we made our way backstage again, laughing and talking about the show.
She and Jen were walking right behind us, arm in arm, as they screamed out the words to Unholy Confessions at the top of their lungs.
I had my arm linked with Val’s and laughed at them before turning to look at her.
“So how’d you enjoy the pit for the first time in a long time?” I asked with a smile.
She sighed happily and grinned. “It was afuckingmazing.”
I laughed and then the door was opening as Johnny peered out into the hallway. He grinned at us and turned to shout inside the room, “They’re coming!”
Val and I frowned at each other before Matt, Syn, and Zacky appeared in the hall in front of us, each looking sweaty yet euphoric after an amazing show. I noticed that they were all smiling wickedly at us as they held their arms behind their backs.
“What are you doing?” Val asked slowly, as if she were nervous.
“Nothing.” Matt shrugged and took a sly step forward. “Just wanted to greet you girls with some drinks.”
“We thought you might be thirsty.” Syn added, winking at me.
I looked at Val questioningly and then back at the boys just as they attacked us. They each had two cans of beer and had obviously shaken the shit out of them before they popped the tops really quickly in front of us, holding the cans in our direction as the fizzy liquid exploded through the tiny opening and hit us full force.
The four of us were screaming and hiding our faces trying to get away, run down the hallway to safety but Jimmy, Johnny and JB blocked the entrance, pushing us back into the spray.
I couldn’t stop laughing as I tried to hide and crouched down behind Jen so she could shield me. But she noticed and pulled me up, yelling, “Bitch!” and I lost my footing on the slippery floor and soon found myself on my hands and knees, drenched and laughing hysterically.
The cans finally empty, they were dropped to the ground as the guys laughed heartily and high-fived each other.
“M. fucking Shadows,” Val screamed in mock rage as she pushed her wet hair out of her face. “You are fucking dead.”
“What the fuck, Zacky!” Emma whined and I looked up to see her white tank top was completely drenched and sticking to her body. Well, mostly her boobs. I thought Zacky was going to piss himself, he was laughing so hard.
She tried to pull the shirt away from her body, but as soon as she let the material go it was stuck right back to her skin. This put me in another fit of giggles and I hugged my middle, trying to stop laughing.
Syn was laughing as he crouched in front of me. “You okay?”
I took a deep breath and finally calmed down enough to say, “Yeah, why?”
He smiled and shook his head before standing and grabbing my arms. “Let’s get you up, Little Miss Giggles.”
I laughed again and put my hands on his arms to let him help me up. The floor was slippery and my shoes slid, making me almost lose my balance but he caught me, holding me upright.
“Thanks.” I said and hastily pulled away from him, not wanting him to get wet.
“Let the party begin!” Jimmy yelled as he ran inside the room and grabbed some beer.
The others followed him, and only Emma and I were left out in the hall. We looked at each other and then down at our drenched and sticky clothes before laughing. Grabbing my hand, she kissed my cheek and pulled me along into the room, demanding that someone get us both drinks.