Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

16 through 18

Emma had been right – the others were waiting outside of Willie’s, just on the other side of the entrance. Tim was there, too. He stood with his arms around Jen and was laughing at whatever Alex had said, but Aaron wasn’t in sight.
“See.” Emma turned to pat my shoulder. “Told you he wouldn’t be here.”
I rolled my eyes and laughed when we were spotted.
Jen started hollering my name, Haylie was grinning like an idiot, and Alex and Jared nodded their heads at me. Tim looked at me with a blank expression, the bastard.
“B-Unit!” Mandy screamed, running over to us with her arms outstretched.
“B-Unit?” Syn asked, looking at us like we were crazy.
“What the fuck is a B-Unit?” Zacky demanded.
I laughed at them. “It’s an inside joke.”
They shrugged, obviously not caring.
“So what is it?” Syn prodded.
“’B’ is for bra size.” I told them, grinning when they looked blankly at me.
“And we,” Emma continued, pointing to me, Mandy, Haylie and then herself. “Are all bra size ‘B’. Hence, the B-Unit.”
I laughed again when Syn stared at us with his jaw hanging open, and Zacky looked first from Emma’s chest, then to mine.
“Okay.” He said slowly. “You girls are weird.”
Emma laughed and shoved him.
Jared and Alex reached us and hugged me to wish me a happy birthday. When I pulled back, I saw Syn was watching them with narrowed eyes.
What was that about?
“Happy birthday, Katelyn.”
I turned to force a smile a Tim. “Thanks, Tim.”
“What are you now? Eighteen?”
I nodded, looking over to see Emma was introducing the guys and Val to our friends.
“I haven’t seen you at any of our parties lately.” He said, taking a step closer to me.
“Haven’t really wanted to go to any.” I said honestly.
He nodded. “Understandable. But you know, Aaron is really sorry – “
“Please, Tim, don’t.” I interrupted with a shake of my head. “Don’t ruin my day by talking about him. I know he’s your friend and everything but just…leave it alone.”
He put his hands up and started backing away. “Fine, whatever.” Then he turned to plaster himself to Jen.
I rolled my eyes at his back, but turned to smile at Syn when he took my arm.
“Everything okay?”
I nodded. “I am ready to party.”
He laughed and slid his arm around my waist. “Then let’s get this party started. Come on, fuckers.”
We led the rest of the gang to the front entrance, where a tall, beefy guy played bouncer. He looked over and grinned at us, holding out his hand for Syn to shake.
“Hey there, Bobby. Haven’t seen you in a while.” Syn said, keeping me tucked into his side.
“Bet your ass, you haven’t. Just get back from Warped?”
Syn nodded. “Yep, and we have a birthday to celebrate.” He said, tilting his head towards me.
Bobby looked at me with a grin. “A birthday girl, huh? Well go on, then, get in there and have a few for me.”
“Will do, Bobby. Don’t work too hard.” Syn called back, putting his hand on the small of my back to guide me inside, right past the large line that waited to pay the cover charge and be allowed inside.
“Smooth, Syn.” I whispered to him.
He laughed and guided me right over to the bar. “What do you want?”
“Um…anything.” I said with a shrug.
“Just give it to you fast?” He questioned with a laugh and I shrugged, also laughing.
“Syn, good to see you.” The bartender greeted, putting his hands on the bar.
“You, too, Marty. This is Katie.”
Marty stuck his hand out to shake mine. “Welcome, Katie. How’d you get stuck to this fucker?”
I laughed and Syn pointed his finger at him. “Hey, watch yourself now.”
Marty raised his hands. “Alright, alright. What can I get you two?”
“Well, it’s her birthday, so I’m thinking – “
“Tequila.” Jimmy filled in, standing beside me. “And lost of it, right now.” He emphasized that last bit by slamming his hand down on the table.
“Coming right up, Rev.” Marty winked and pulled down a few empty shooter glasses.
Moments later I had four shots of tequila set down in front of me and was told to drink them – now. So I did, downing them as fast as I could, forcing myself not to cough and laugh at the same time.
“That was awesome.” Johnny said, clapping me on the back when I was finished.
“Here.” Syn handed me a beer and took my other hand to pull me over to a booth in the back corner.
He ushered me in, then climbed in after me, and made himself comfortable.
“Is he bothering you?” He asked, jerking his head towards Tim.
I shrugged. “No, not really. He’s just a prick – but that’s typical for Jen. She only dates fuckheads.”
He laughed and took a drink of beer.
“Hey, you!” Jimmy shouted to me, coming over with at least a dozen more shots of tequila. “This is a goddamn birthday party, so drink up.” He set the shots on front of me and snapped his fingers.
I looked at him, then a grinning Syn before I looked down at the shots and laughed as I picked up the first of many.

About three hours and God knows how many beers and shots of tequila later, I was completely and utterly smashed.
I was dancing drunkenly with Val and Emma – who were both equally drunk – when I felt two strong arms lock around my waist. I started to tense when I looked down and saw that the arms were tattooed – all over.
I turned my face and smiled sloppily at Syn. “Hi, you.”
He grinned down at me. “Having fun?”
I turned in his arms and hugged him. “This is the bestest birthday ever.”
He laughed and hugged me back before he started pulling me back to the bar.
“You need some water.” He said smartly, setting me down on the barstool and turning to Marty, who was smiling at me. I thought I smiled back, but maybe I just made a weird face, I wasn’t sure.
“Has the birthday girl had about enough?”
“Pretty close. Can she get some water?”
“Sure thing.”
A moment later, I was being handed a glass of water.
“Drink this. I think we got you a little too drunk, too fast.”
“Nu-uh, I’m fine.” I said while I swayed in my chair.
He snorted and sat on the stool facing me, his hands on my legs. “Sure you are. You are a party girl, that’s for sure.”
I frowned fiercely at him. “Are you making fun of me?”
He shook his head, but I could see the smile tugging at his lips. “Of course I’m not.”
“Of course you’re not. You know, you really are pretty.” I informed him seriously, tapping his cheeks.
He stared at me with a blank face before he started laughing.
I pouted and felt the sudden urge to cry. “See, you are making fun of me.”
“No, I’m not.” He said, but was still laughing.
“Yes, you are.” I said loudly, putting the water back on the counter. “You’re laughing at me and you shouldn’t laugh at a person when they’re drunk, you…meanie.”
“I’m sorry, baby. I didn’t mean to laugh at you.”
I giggled and pointed my finger at him, jabbing him in the shoulder. “You just called me baby.”
He looked surprised. “So I did.”
I took another sip of water before saying, confused, “It’s hot in here. Aren’t you hot?”
He shook his head and suggested that I take my sweater off. I remembered that there was a reason why I wore long sleeves, but couldn’t remember so I started to pull the material off. It got stuck around my arms and I turned to Syn.
“Can you help me? It doesn’t want to come off.”
He slid forward on his chair and helped me take off the sweater before he took it and tied it around my waist.
“There.” I said, grinning at him. “Now it won’t lose me.”
He grinned back. “That’s right.”
I nodded and continued drinking my water, moving slightly to the music.
“So she’s down and out already, huh?” Matt said, standing behind my chair. “Or are you feeding her more booze?”
“No, it’s water.” Syn said, putting his hands back on my legs. “I didn’t want to have to carry her out of here.”
I turned in my seat and waved at Matt. “Hello, Mattie.”
He grinned down at me. “How you doing?”
“I’m great, I’m eighteen and this is the best birthday ever.”
He laughed and hugged me from the side before asking Marty for a glass of water.
Syn laughed. “Is Val about finished, too?”
Matt nodded and laughed. “She’s almost on the bathroom floor right now.”
“Aw, I should go help.” I said, jumping down from my stool. But the world tilted on its axis and I swayed, putting a hand over my eyes to stop the movement. “Or maybe not…”
Someone’s hands were on my hips, holding me upright before I was sitting again.
“You okay?” Syn’s voice was very close to my ear and I looked to see I was sitting on his lap.
I nodded slowly, but was speechless.
“Come on; let’s go outside for a minute. Fresh air will do you good.” He said knowingly, helping me up. “Marty, she’s taking her water outside and we’ll bring the glass right back.”
“Okay, Syn.”
He put his arms around me and slowly helped me through the crowd of people and outside, where we were met by fresh air and a brisk wind.
There were a lot of people outside, so he steered me to the end of the building and leaned me against the wall before standing in front of me.
“You want to sit down?” He asked and I nodded.
Moments later I was sitting with my back to the brick wall and held the glass of water between my hands. Syn sat down beside me, crossing his legs the way that I was and I smiled at him.
“Drink your water.” He ordered and I smiled again, but did as he said.
We sat in silence for about ten minutes and when the water was finished, I felt considerably better. The fresh air had also helped to clear my head, so I didn’t feel so unsteady and fuzzy-brained.
“Feel better?”
I smiled at him and nodded. “Thanks for taking care of me, Syn.”
He smiled back. “Anytime. And call me Brian.”
I smiled and nodded before looking up at the sky. Feeling suddenly tired, I gave in to the urge and leaned my head against his big shoulder. I felt him kiss the top of my head and smiled sleepily.
“Do you want to go back in, or should I take you home?” He murmured.
“I don’t want to go home.” I said in a quiet voice. “But I don’t want to go back in yet, either.”
He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer before whispering, “Me, neither.”
I raised my face to smile at him and just like earlier that day, I found myself lost in his dark brown eyes. He stared back and raised his free hand to brush the hair off my shoulder before rubbing his thumb over my cheek as he moved his face closer to mine. He broke the stare and moved his eyes to my lips then back to my eyes and slid a little closer.

The breath caught in the back of my throat and my lips parted just as he moved in, pressing his mouth to mine in a soft kiss. He pulled back just a bit and I stared at his mouth, wanting him to kiss me again but not sure if I should make the first move or not. I looked up into his eyes again and he smirked before kissing me again, but harder this time, holding the side of my face as he gently traced my bottom lip with his tongue.
I slid my arms up and around his neck as I parted my lips just enough for his tongue to slip inside to rub playfully against mine. He sighed and threaded his fingers through my hair to cradle the back of my head as he deepened the kiss.
He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes with a breathless smile.
“I’ve wanted to do that for two weeks.” He admitted in a gruff voice.
I smiled. “I’ve wanted you to do that for two weeks.”
He grinned and leaned in to kiss me again just as my name was being called.
I pulled away to see Emma stumbling her way towards me, looking ready to fall over in her shoes.
“Sorry to interrupt.” She said with a giggle. “But I just wanted to tell you that I’m leaving.”
I frowned up at her. “Where are you going?”
She was about to answer but Zacky was there then, sliding his arms around her waist as he looked down at us.
“Having fun out here?” He questioned smugly, his green eyes on Syn before he kissed Emma’s shoulder and muttered, “The cab’s here, babe.”
She nodded and crouched down to hug me, promising to call me tomorrow. I whispered for her to be careful and she nodded, kissing my cheek before following Zacky to the cab that was waiting by the curb. He grabbed her ass as she walked in front of him and she squealed before sliding rather gracefully into the back seat, Zacky right behind her.
I laughed ironically. “How did I know that was going to happen?”
Syn laughed, too, and tightened his arms around me.
“Let’s go back in, I’m cold.” He admitted and I turned to stare at him in shock.
“Synyster Gates is cold?” I mocked. “I’m impressed.”
He rolled his eyes and climbed to his feet before giving me his hands, pulling me up in front of him.
“You want your sweater back on?” He asked as he put his hands on the knot around my waist.
I looked down and remembered that I had taken it off inside. I felt the scars on my arms and wrists burn and nodded, trying to undo the tie and keep my arms turned away from him at the same time.
God, how could I be so stupid? He can’t see them, he can’t…
“Wait, if you keep tugging at it like that you’ll rip it.” He said, pushing my hands aside to quickly and easily undo the arms and free it from my waist. Then he held it up and I turned, sliding my arms through.
When I turned back around he was frowning, but I wasn’t sure what from.
“What’s the matter?”
He shook his head and I turned to go back inside.
“Wait.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me back around and into him, our hands locked behind my back.
“What?” I smiled up into his eyes and he smiled back before kissing me hard and thorough.
He pulled away and said, “That.”
“Oh.” I took a deep breath, pecked his lips, and turned to lead him back inside the bar.
He came with me to give the glass back to the bartender, and then pulled me over to sit down in the booth again.
“There you are.” Johnny said, sliding in across from us. “We’ve been looking for you two.”
“We were outside. She needed some fresh air.” Syn said and Johnny nodded, smirking at us.
“Uh-huh. And where are Emily and Zacky?”
“They left.”
His brow rose. “Together?”
Syn and I nodded and Johnny looked impressed. “That’s interesting. Okay, bye.” He jumped out of the booth and ran back to wherever it was that he came from.
Syn and I were alone then, but only for a few minutes because Matt came over with his arms around a stumbling Val.
“She okay?” Syn asked.
“Me?” She pointed a finger at herself, then shook her hand at him, and made a face. “I fine.”
Matt laughed at her and turned to look at us. “We’re all going to head back to Johnny’s place, you two coming? We’ll continue the party there.”
“You up for it?” Syn asked me and I nodded.
“Let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
got lazy. here is the next 3 chapters lol :)