Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

36

Thank God it was Friday, and it was time to go home. I'd had a stressful week, and couldn't wait to get to my boyfriend's house so he could give me a hug. If that made me a corny girlfriend, then so be it; the guy was like a real-life teddy bear – but he was my teddy bear.
I was just opening my locker when something – rather someone collided with my body, throwing me off balance so I fell into the lockers and almost to the floor.
"I passed, I passed, I passed!" Emma was shrieking into my ear, making my ears ring.
She pulled back to grin at me, her face alight with excitement and pride, so I decided not to yell at her for making me deaf.
"You passed your physics exam?" I smiled at her, feeling pride of my own as my best friend nodded vigorously.
I pulled her into a tight hug, saying, "I told you, you could do it. You just had to figure it out."
She kissed my cheek. "Thank you for helping me. Now I won't fail the course and Zacky can get laid."
I pulled back and gaped at her. "You pass your exam and he gets laid?"
She nodded. "Yeah. He's been whining because I've been studying for that bitch of an exam all week and haven't spent much time with him."
I shrugged it and turned back to my locker, pulling out the books I would need and stuffing the in my bag.
"So when are you and Synyster going to…you know?"
"Do it?" I supplied and she nodded. "I don't know. I don't think I'm ready."
"You do stuff though, don’t you?" She asked and I nodded, even as I felt my cheeks redden.
"Are you going to that party tonight?" I changed the subject, not really wanting to talk about my sex life with Syn in the hallway of my high school.
"I don't know, are you?"
"I might."
I closed my locker and turned to walk down the hall with her, smiling when she wound her arm around my shoulder, and put mine around her waist.
"I'll go if you go, and no pills."
I nodded. "No pills."

"Where is this party?' Brian asked as he got ready, pulling some clothes out of his closet to change before we left.
"It's at…I don’t know his name, but he's a friend of Jen's." I said as I sat on his bed and watched him, having already changed into jeans and a Guns N' Roses tee shirt.
He nodded and sighed heavily as he changed his tee shirt and jeans before grabbing his fedora.
He didn't want to go; I could tell by the way he was sighing and the frown on his face. Well, I don't think that he didn't want to go, exactly, but I knew he was worried that I would take pills again.
But I wasn't going to. I was done with that.
"Brian?" I said his name quietly and when he turned to me, I crooked my finger at him.
He crawled onto the bed in front of me and I out my hands on either side of his face, bringing him closer to me.
"I won't do anything. I'm not even going to drink." I promised, putting my lips against his as I spoke.
"Baby, you can drink, I just don't want you to do pills."
I shook my head and kissed him. "I promise you."
He smiled and kissed my forehead before jumping off the bed.
"Let's go. Matt and Val are meeting us there."
"Oh, cool. Why?' I asked as I climbed off the bed, grabbing my cell phone and shoving it in my pocket.
"They're bored as hell, and Matt was looking for an excuse not to go see her sister; she's an annoying pain in the ass, apparently." Brian rolled his eyes and I laughed as I followed him out the door.
Another night out with my people; nothing could be better than this.