Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

37

I wanted to go home.
Jen had been bitching at me all night because I wasn't drinking or doing pills, and I was apparently being "a downer". I told her to blow it out her ass and went in search of my boyfriend and Emma so we could blow this place.
I went up the stairs after telling Haylie and Mandy my good-byes, making me promise they would be careful. They did, but were stoned so they had no idea what I was saying.
I went into the kitchen, thinking that Emma was in there, but she wasn't. Instead I walked in on Emma and Tim playing tonsil-hockey, practically having sex with their clothes on as she sat on the counter with him in between her legs.
"Ugh."
Rolling my eyes, I turned to walk out and looked right at my ex-boyfriend on the other side of the kitchen. He smirked and took a step towards me but I spun around and ran out of the kitchen, not even wanting to look at him.
I wanted to go home. Now.

Brian made his way through the crowd, scanning the room for his girlfriend.
“Syn!”
He turned at the sound of his name being called and saw Matt, Val, and Zacky sitting on the corner couch, laughing as they watched a group of girls dancing drunkenly on the table. Emma was on Zack’s lap with her arms around his shoulders.
He made his way over to them and sat down between Matt and Zacky.
“Where’s Katie?” Em asked him.
“I don’t know. I was about to ask you the same thing.” He said – well, more like shouted above the music.
She shrugged. “She’s probably with Jen and Haylie.”
He nodded and took another sip of his beer, holding the liquid in his mouth before letting it slide down his throat.
“Oh, there she is.” Zacky announced, pointing to the kitchen entrance.
Brian turned his eyes over to where his friend was pointing and started to smile until he realized that something was wrong. She was scowling, yet seemed almost frantic as she searched the crowd for someone, quickly making her way through the people.
Val whistled. “She looks pissed.”
Brian sat forward and shouted her name. The look of relief that crossed her face when her blue eyes met his had him frowning in concern, watching as she practically ran across the room to reach them.
She sat on the couch beside him, snuggling against him and putting her head on his chest.
He put his arm around her and sat back, feeling the need to protect her, though he didn’t understand why.
“What’s going on, babe?” He asked.
Katie smiled reassuringly at Brian, though he could tell it was forced.
“Nothing, just – “
“Oh, fuck.” Emma exclaimed from Zacky’s lap, her eyes wide as she stared at someone in the crowd.
“What?” Zack asked. “Who are you looking at?”
Emma ignored him and turned her eyes to Katie. “Did you see him?”
Katie nodded her head, biting her lip.
“See who?” Brian asked, confused.
“Did he see you?” Emma asked, leaning closer to Katie.
Again, Katie nodded and Brian felt her shudder.
He held her tighter and asked, “Who are you talking about?”
Emma took Katie’s arm. “Did he talk to you?”
“No, but he tried.”
“That fucker. What the hell is he doing here, anyway?”
“Jen has a big mouth, Emma. She probably told everyone about this party and he found out – end of story.” Katie rushed out.
Brian looked down and noticed she was carefully keeping her face turned away from anyone who could see her, like she didn’t want someone – whoever they were talking about – to find her.
“Okay.” He began calmly. “Who the fuck are you talking about?”
Katie sighed and brought her eyes up to his, saying quietly, “My ex-boyfriend.”
He frowned. “I thought you two were only together for about three months.”
“We were – if it was even that long.” She sighed again and sat up but kept her body against Brian’s, draping one of her legs across his lap. “He obviously heard about this party tonight and showed up with his asshole friends.”
Emma gasped again. “His friends are here?”
Katie nodded, her face and voice filled with disgust. “Yep. And I’ll give you two guesses of where Jen is, but you’re only going to need one.”
“With Tim.”
“Bingo.” Katie took the beer out of Brian’s hand to take a sip before saying, “That’s how I knew he was here – I caught her and Tim practically having sex on the counter and when I turned around, who was right behind me? Fuckhead of the year.”
“Oh, shit.” Emma sighed, running her hand though her hair.
“What did this guy do to piss you off so much?” Matt asked, leaning forward to look at her.
“He was an asshole. There’s not much else to say.”
Brian heard the sadness in her voice, though he wasn’t sure anyone else did, and pulled her tighter against his body so she was practically laying on him.
“Brace yourself, Katiekins. He just spotted you and he’s on his way over here.”