Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

Sevenn

“Thanks for inviting me over.” I said.
He nodded and hugged me. “I’ll call you later.”
“Okay, talk to you later then.”
I waved bye to the others once more before smiling at Brian and left the house, shifting my bag on my shoulder to make the trip home.

Brian watched Katie disappear from view before he closed the door and went back to the seat Katie had been in.
“Dude, she’s cute.” Zacky commented and he nodded.
“Yeah, she is.”
“Actually, I think she’s hot.” Johnny added, nodding to himself.
“She is.” Jimmy agreed. “I would tap that.”
Brian was just bringing the beer bottle to his lips when he heard that comment, and paused to narrow his eyes at Jimmy.
Matt and Zacky laughed while Jimmy shrugged his shoulders innocently, asking, “What?”
Brian shook his head and finished the rest of his beer before standing and going to the kitchen for another one.
“Can I have one, too, Syn?” Val asked after having followed him into the kitchen.
Brian grabbed a second one out of the fridge and handed it to her.
She took it and looked down at the top, then back up at him with a raised eyebrow.
Laughing, he took it and popped the top before handing it back.
“Thanks.” She took a sip. “So what do you think of Katie?”
He shrugged. “What do you mean?”
“Do you like her, or what?”
“I don’t know.” He sighed and leaned back against the counter. “She’s fucking hot, though.”
She laughed. “Yeah, I could tell you were thinking that way about her. I think she likes you.”
He rolled his eyes. “Now why would you think that?”
“Because I’m a girl and I can read other girls perfectly.” She said with a shrug. “And the way she was looking at you.”
“But does she like me for me, or because of who I am?” Brian asked and immediately felt like an idiot. But he had always felt comfortable talking to Val and he knew that she would never tell any of the guys, so he guessed it was all right.
“I don’t know.” She sighed. “Guess you’ll just have to wait and see, won’t you?”
He nodded and took another sip of his beer before admitting, “I really would like to see her before her birthday, though.”
She was silent before looking at him with a smile. “Hey, I have an idea.”
“What’s that?”
“You know that special show you guys are doing this weekend? Why don’t you get her and some friends in?”
Brian nodded and grinned, pointing a finger at her. “Good idea.”
“I know. I’m a genius.” She winked and turned to sit with the others again.
“Hey, Syn! Grab me a beer!” Johnny ordered and Brian rolled his eyes before pulling another one out of the fridge and went back to the living room.