Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Twenty.

Sweat dripped down her forehead but she had no time to think about the deadly heat. The game that had started well before the sun was directly above the field, but overtime had ensued and now the game continued well into the heat into the day. The score was 2-2 and Aryn had only sat out for about 5 minutes. She was tired and her legs felt stiff, she knew her injury still caused her problems and she pushed that thought to the back of her mind. There was only a few minutes left and if her team didn't score soon they would have to do a shoot out. 

She looked towards the sidelines, seeing her family, her mom, dad, Matt and his girlfriend. She also saw the Nickelsens minus Alicia and Garrett. Lastly she saw Eric. All of them were cheering loudly and her distracting thoughts left as she zeroed in on Liza dribbling ball.

Aryn shifted gears and sprinted towards the goal. Aryn had always been incredibly fast, but after the injury she never wanted to risk pushing herself too hard; today was not a day she would dwell on these thoughts. The ball came rolling towards her, she took it passed a defenseman and took a shot.

Aryn Kirch returned to stardom.

A cluster of girls came running towards her, they hugged and jumped and screamed. Once the team festivities ended she walked towards her family, Lilly running up to her hugging her and dragged her towards the group and the cooler. Aryn couldn't stop grinning as Matt handed her orange slices and a Capri sun.

"I'm glad the soccer mom snacks are still available even though I'm eighteen."

"We didn't know you could be too mature for orange slices and a ride home in a mini van." Eric nudged her stealing her fruit. 

"Ary you did so good! I wish I was as good as you! Maybe next game Gracie can come watch!" Lilly jumped up and down as the rest of the group frowned.

"You know Lilly, one day you'll be better than me." She hugged the girl and the rest of the group before grabbing Eric and leaving. 
 
Before they got the parking lot a few of her teammates stopped to talk to Eric about the band making his ego inflate before they got in the car and she cried.

"It must be hard to have to tell her over and over again." Eric said rubbing her back.

"No ever just comes out and says no she's not coming back Gracie didn't just go away like Aryn, she's dead."

"Why would anyone Lilly is too cute and no one wants to see her little heart break." 

Aryn continued to cry for hours. While Eric and she watched movies she cried herself into a headache and until she had no more tears. Eric took her home where she took a long shower and a nap. She knew there was a party she could be at smoking or drinking away the pain, trying to be a normal college student. Yet Aryn wanted this pain, she wanted to wallow in the pain that she felt slightly responsible for. It was late and she just wanted something to be normal again. She wanted Garrett home and with her. She marveled at the thought that she could be so happy about something and so miserable the next moment.

Her phone began to ring and she groaned but answered it hoping it was Garrett. Sadly, it was another Nickelsen, Alicia. When she heard her voice se was shocked.

"What do you need Alicia?" There was sobs on the other end.

"C-can you come pick me up, I'm at 441 Sycamore, c-come quick. I-I-I need you." She sobbed again and hung up.

Aryn jumped out of her bed, happy she was at home so she could grab her keys and drive to the address. She knew this block because parties had been notorious here for years. She parked the car and walked towards the house to see the crumpled, crying girl on the porch.

"Alicia?" The girl looked up and flung herself into Aryn's arms. She pulled the girl to her car, which was a difficult task since the girl was wobbly from her intoxication.

"I'm so s-so-sorry," she convulsed with sobs.

"It's okay hon, what happened? Are you hurt?"

"No I'm not hurt, I just, I fucked up." She sniffled her tears toning down a bit. "I shouldn't act like such a slut you're right."

"You're not a slut you're just lost, confused and that's a way out."

"God! That's why I always looked up to you. I loved Grace, but you, you were my hero. Because you were amazing at everything soccer and piano and no matter what stupid little sister things you always treated me good. Even now when I'm such a mega bitch to you!" She began to hiccup now. Partially from crying and partially from drunkeness. 

"Alicia, you're just lashing out and I get it, now what happened tonight."

"Well I was flirting with a guy, I've never seen him before, he looked a lit older but he was gorgeous! So I let him get me drinks and hold me when I danced. Then- then he tried to get me upstairs and he pulled me and shoved me and"

"Did he rape you? Cause I'm going to find him and kill him!" Aryn reached for the door when Alicia grabbed her hand. She didn't let go but continued her story.

"I kneed him in the crotch and got away, but he came downstairs and the Michael Algheny punched him when he saw he was after me and he tried to stab Michael, he only guy whose ever been real nice to me, but nobody really noticed and then grabbed me and held the knife towards me. Then someone smashed a bottle on his head and I called you."

"Alicia! I'm so sorry," She pulled the girl close to her. "Well I'll take you home okay and we'll forget about this andno one ever has to know." She wiped some stray tears.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I don't want to go home now."

"Of course." Her phone rang and she picked it up, seeing it was Garret. "Hey Gar," she began to drive home.

"Hey Arrrrrr..."

"God not another drunk Nickelsen."

"What are you talking aboutttt" He slurred

"Forget about it, I can't really talk now but I miss you and can't wait to see you." She hung up before he could respond. She pulled up to her house and helped Alicia out, who consquentially puked in the road.

Aryn took her inside washing the streaked and caked on make up off her face. Then she took the girl and tucked her into her own bed.

"Can you lie with me?" Alicia held out her arm.

"Sure." She crawled into the bed lying next to the girl. They were silent and Aryn thought she had passed out.

"Air? I'm sorry I've been so mean, I love you"

"I love you to girl" There was that silence again.

"And Air? I think you and Garrett are perfect for each other."
 
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy... Garrett is coming soon. Also I'm hoping this quick update will get me lots of comments from my lots of subscribers... Hint hint.

Also read these storiess from my contest winners....
Uncharted Territory

You're Such A Gorgeous Nightmare

The Greatest Fairy Tales Never Told

Chasing Fireflies