Status: (sexually) active.

Free Falling

Twenty-one.

Sleeping was not an option. Sleep meant less time spent with one another.

Aryn couldn't sleep because the anticipation of Garrett (and the rest of the band to some extent) coming home left her jumpy and too excited to close her eyes. 
 
Garrett had slept most of the day before but  now Arizona was only an hour away. He had now partied all night and was now exhausted but he knew if he slept now he would be more tired later. Making his time spent with Aryn less exciting.

Aryn decided she would never sleep at this rate and left her dorm and went on her morning jog early. At 3:30 in the morning. She decide she would just run to her house, eat breakfast there, and wait.

While all the other boys slept, knowing their first day home would consist of more sleeping, Garrett watched a movie in the front lounge. He later made breakfast for himself and sat waiting, two more hours until Tempe, 120 minutes until Aryn was officially his, he hoped.

Aryn began taking the long run to her house. She passed the cemetery and thought it would be a good way to waste time by talking to Gracie. She hopped the fence knowing the front gates would be locked and made her way to the familiar gravestone. 

"Hey Grace. I got here so early because I have some big news for you. I'm marrying your brother, Trey.... Now I know you're shocked, screaming, livid even, but I've really come to adore that oldest brother of yours... Okay you caught me. I'm going to start dating Garrett, I mean hand holding, kissing, cuddling the whole deal. But you probably knew that because you're dead and ubiquitous and shit. But don't worry you'll be the first to know if we go all the way." She laughed a bit. "Anyways your mom told me she never got last month's letter and this month I don't have a letter cause I just thought I'd tell you what's going on, he's coming home today so I'm so excited even though I leave for soccer like every other day starting next week. Anyways I love you so much and I knew you'd be so happy for me and so proud of me, you're the best and I miss you everyday." She kissed the tombstone before standing up. "PS I'll bring some cherry gumballs for us next time." She ran back to the road and continued her journey home.

Garrett sat; knee bouncing erratically. Pat came back sat down with him. They sat awkwardly for a bit. All Garrett could think was T-minus 1 hour until home. Then Pat insisted on having a heart to heart with Garrett making him more nervous with every sentence that poured from Pat's mouth.

"So we're almost home so I think it's time I give you the threatening big brother speech. Since you are going to be dating my sister I have to talk to you. First, you treat her right because I will kick you out of this band if you completely break her heart. Also you better be there for her an treat her right. I don't care if we're on the road you better be faithful cause I will have Tim and Matt beat you up." Garrett nodded, swallowing a bit.

Aryn made it to her house at 5:30 because she took her little detour. She decided to make her family a huge breakfast to take up some time. Her dad came down thinking she was a intruder and then joined her in making breakfast. Aryn was shaking now, she had an overly sugary breakfast and was overly excited for her boy toy to finally be home.

They pulled into a parking lot in Tempe where Halvo had come and picked them up to take them home in the ARTTM van. The boys unloaded and reloaded their gear Garrett grabbed all his stuff quickly, snatching the front seat. The boys all laughed and shook their heads at his excitement.  3,600 seconds until Garyn.

Aryn sprinted outside as soon as she saw a van pull up to the Kirch house. She jumped up and down and waved but stopped once she noticed only Pat got out of the van.

"I'm glad you are so excited to see your favorite brother." Pat said unloading his stuff and opening his arms.

"Oh sorry, I just was -" 

"Expecting Garrett yeah I know we dropped everyone off first, you know go see their families before their girlfriends." Aryn smiled walking into Pat's open arms and squeezing. "I'm glad you guys are so happy already" He whispered into her ear.

Garrett walked into his house dragging his stuff and placing his suitcase in the laundry room. He was trying to go quick so he could go see Aryn quickly but before he could leave, he saw his family sitting in the kitchen quietly discussing. He decided to see why his family was up so early.

"Gary you're home." Spencer's face lit up before she ran up to her brother who hugged her and sat down. Lilly them crawled into his lap, not talking, which was rather strange. He made a silly face and she grinned but still made no sound.

"Garrett I'm sorry that you're hearing this news but I'm getting my surgery this upcoming week and I'll need you to babysit."

"Mom that's okay because after this you're done right?"

"Yes I'll be in remission, I'm just sorry this is coming at a bad time."

"Mom if it makes you better, I'm happy.  I'm going to see Aryn if that's okay." He stood up.

"Sweetie, why don't you stay here for breakfast and take a nap, you look exhausted and Aryn should spend some time with her family to, you know she just moved out." Garrett nodded and helped his mom and Spencer make pancakes. He sent Aryn a text saying he would pick her up at seven for dinner. 

Seven O'clock. Garrett pulled up at the Kirch house to pick up Aryn. She was wearing a yellow sundress and Garrett smile grew seeing his beautiful girlfriend. She grinned, running up to him and jumping in his arms. He held her tight. She looked into his eyes and leaned in to kiss him. It was the best kiss either had ever had. Their lips seemed to fit perfectly as they moved in sync. Fireworks exploded and Garrett felt his heart beating erratically out of his chest. Aryn pulled away.

"Whoa." Garrett sighed. He seemed in a trance before shaking his head and opening the car door for her.

Dinner was rather uneventful, other than the two holding hands and never losing eye contact. They were disgustingly cute to say the least. After dinner Garrett took Aryn to a plateau to watch the desert sunset. They were lying down on the hood of Garrett's car. Aryn's head on his chest as they held hands and shared kisses.

"Thanks for tonight" Aryn yawned.

"No problem, why are you so tired?"

"I haven't slept at all in the past 24 hours because I was so excited for you to get back,"

"Aww how cute."

"Shut up, if your mommy didn't force you to take a nap you'd be just as tired."

"Fair enough."

"Thanks for tonight Gar, it's been the best." She smiled looking up at him, he took a gulp.

"Aryn I fucked up."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just - I - we weren't - remember when I called you drunk, well not drunk but I wasn't sober either, anyways the day I called you and you hung up on me?" Aryn nodded slowly remembering the night with Alicia. "Well when you hung up on me I got really mad I though you didn't want me and that you were with some other guy like Mason or something and I kinda slept with someone."

What do you mean 'kinda'? How do you kinda sleep with someone" Aryn began to raise her voice.

"We didn't go all the way, but we got close and I was drunk and - I dot know what I was thinking I just felt so rejected and we weren't dating yet, I mean today is really our first official day but I didn't want to have this on my chest."

"So you pawn it off on my conscience?"

"I'm really sorry Aryn but now you're really, physically mine and I want to start fresh like none of our past happened. We're new people starting tonight." He squeezed her hand but she yanked it away.

"Just take me home."

"Wha-"

"Take me back to my dorm Garrett!" She stood up getting in the car. They began to drive in silence.

"Can't we just talk about this." He pleaded as he pulled up to the building. Aryn looked over at him, there was no anger or sadness in her eyes, but something different.

"I- I can't."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to ruin it at the end, please overload me with comments about how I postponed the Garyn reunion once more! I know you all have it in you to at least get me six comments on this chapter!

Also read these storiess from my contest winners....
Uncharted Territory

You're Such A Gorgeous Nightmare

The Greatest Fairy Tales Never Told

Chasing Fireflies