Status: Formerly known as Stolen

In My Arms

Tell Me That You'll Open Your Eyes

Kasey’s P.O.V
I was in a big, empty, dark space. Fog came and passed by every once in a while and the dirt floor was cracked everywhere. There was no color to anything. Everything was black and white.
“Kasey?” I heard someone call. It surprised me because I thought I was alone. However, I didn’t make an attempt to move.
“Kasey?” They called again. Footsteps approached me and someone bent down to see me.
“Are you alright?” Sarah asked me.
“It’s broken.” I said looking at the picture of her and I that was sitting by my feet. The picture was in heart shaped frame but the heart was broken in half.
“Your heart is just hurting. You just need to feel love, that’s all.” She said. Slowly she brought her hand to the frame and touched it gently. As she touched it, it started to gain color.
“There feel it now.” She said once it was fixed. She picked up my hand and set it on the frame. Suddenly plants and weeds started growing from in between the cracks on the ground and little balls of light floated up towards the dark sky. The dirt ground started to transform into bright green grass and flower petals started to circle around me like a wonderful twister. My hair wasn’t matted down anymore, instead it was in beautiful curls. My dirty clothes changed into a pink dress and my skin became a healthy color. I was no longer in a dark open space. I was sitting on a large grass field surrounded by bright green trees and tons of different colored flowers. Finally I looked up.
“Sarah? What are you doing here?” I asked confused.
“I’m here to fix you. You have to go back.” She said.
“Go back where?” I asked.
“With Matt. That’s where you belong.” She said.
“But I want to stay with you.” I said.
“I know you do. But this is your chance to have a father, a real one that will love you and care for you.” She said.
“Do I even get a choice?” I asked.
“Yes. You’ll get to decide after you go back to visit your them. You’ll decide what’s best for you.” She said. Maybe I was meant to be with Matt.
“How will I know what’s best for me?” I asked.
“You’ll know.” She said. Very quickly everything around me started to change. Now I was back in my room watching over my body. As I took a step toward my bod,y Matt walked in making me freeze. Unlike Sarah, he couldn’t see me.
“Hey Kase.” Matt said softly as he sat down in a chair next to my body. When he lifted up my actual hand I felt a tingle in my hand. It was almost as if I was ghost or I was having an out of body experience.
“You’ve got to wake up baby. You need to come back to us. It’s just not the same without you.” He said.
“I’m sorry I pushed you so hard. I didn’t know that you were doing so bad. If I could take it all back, I would.” He said as his voice broke.
‘It’s not your fault, Matt. Please don’t blame yourself.’ I said even though he couldn’t hear me.
“I miss you so much. I feel like I just got you. You can’t leave me now. I love you Kasey.” He said and I saw a tear fall from his eye.
‘I love you.’ I whispered in his ear and kissed his cheek. He brought his hand up to where I kissed his cheek and I prayed that he felt it.
*****
“Hey munchkin.” Brian said as he walked into the room.
“You know Matt really misses you. He’s a wreck.” He said.
‘I know.’ I said.
“He barely even sleeps. He’s worried that you might wake u when we’re asleep and he doesn’t want you to be alone if you do. You need to wake up.” He explained.
‘I’m trying.’ I whispered.
“You have to wake up. You can’t just not wake up. You’re a part of this family now. You’re stuck with us kid.” He said.
‘I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.’ I said.
*****
“Hey twerp. I’m not sure if you can hear me, but I hope you can. We all need you to come back. I’m not the same without you. I need my little XBOX buddy.” Jimmy said.
‘So you can let me win?’I laughed.
“You know the other day I was thinking about you so much that I actually poured orange juice into my cereal. I know it was stupid.” I said laughing.
‘You would do that.’I said smiling.
“You wanna know what’s worse? I actually ate it all.” I said. Again I laughed at his stupidity.
“And by the way as soon as you wake up, you’re dead. Don’t think that I’ve forgotten about how you used me in your little scheme to escape. I’m going to get you back for that.” He said kissing my forehead.
‘I’m sorry I put you through that. I never meant to hurt you.’ I said.
“But I can’t do that if you’re not here. So hurry up and get your little but better.” He said.
‘I will.’I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!