Status: Formerly known as Stolen

In My Arms

At Night I Hear it Creeping, At Night I Hear It Move

FF Two Weeks

Matt’s P.O.V.
Ever since Kasey had woken up from her coma, she rarely ever slept in her own bed. It was starting to worry me. I thought she had gotten closure from her sisters’ death, but maybe I was wrong. I really didn’t know what to do. I don’t even think Kasey knew that she was doing this.
“Hey Brian.” I said to him as we were in the studio in the basement.
“Yeah?” He asked.
“Have you noticed anything weird about Kasey?” I asked.
“No, not really. Why?” He said.
“Well, it’s just that she hasn’t slept in her own bed for over two weeks. It’s starting to worry me.” I said.
“I’ve seen her go to her bed though at night.” He said.
“Even when she does, she always ends up back in my bed like an hour later.” I explained.
“Maybe you should talk to her about it.” He suggested. I nodded my head and walked into the living room to talk to her.
“Are you ok Kasey?” I asked her as I took a seat next to her.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?” She asked.
“You’ve been sleeping in my bed for the past two weeks. I’m worried about you.” I said.
“I’m fine.” She said shifting her eyes elsewhere. She wasn’t very convincing.
“Are you scared of something?” I pushed.
“No, Im fine. I’ll even sleep in my own bed tonight.” She smiled, but I could tell it was forced. I didn’t want to push her anymore so I just let it go.
Kasey’s P.O.V.
When nighttime came I grew scared. I didn’t want to go to sleep by myself, with no one to protect me. As soon as everyone was asleep I went into the kitchen and popped some popcorn and grabbed some drinks and candy. In the basement I set up movies, magazines, and video games to get me through the night. I shut the door behind me and turned on all the lights to keep me awake. First I began watching One Tree Hill, beginning from Season 1.
By about three in the morning, I had watched five episodes of One Tree Hill. Then I moved onto to playing some video games for about an hour. I got tired of that quickly because I kept losing. I drank some coffee to keep me awake. And that woke me up so I started to read all my magazines. I went from sitting upright on the couch, to hanging upside down on the couch, to sitting on the piano.
By four in the morning I had continued watching One Tree Hill while painting my nails. I was so absorbed in the show that I hadn’t noticed the door open and someone come in.
“Kasey? What are you doing up so early?” Matt yawned.
“Uh- I couldn’t sleep.” I said turning my attention back to the TV.
“Well neither would I if I drank a pot of coffee and two monsters, and ate tons of candy.” He said picking up all my trash.
“Maybe I had a bit much.” I admitted.
“No more energy drinks for you. Now go to bed.” He said turning off the TV.
“But I’m not tired.” I protested.
“Yes you are.” He said putting his hands on my shoulders and leading me upstairs. When he left me, instead of going to bed, I got in the shower. I did my make-up and hair all nice since I had time. When I was done I went to the kitchen to make me breakfast.
“What on earth are you up so early for?” Brian asked walking in.
“I couldn’t sleep.” I said and shrugged my shoulders.
“Why not?” He asked. Again, I just shrugged my shoulders.
“When you’re done, get ready. Matt wants to take you shopping for some new clothes.” He told me. I nodded my head and began cleaning up my mess. Once I got my purse I waited by the door for Matt.
“Ready?” Matt asked me as he walked down the stairs.
“Yep.” I said. After four hours of shopping, Matt had bought me seven shirts, three pairs of jeans, four pairs of shorts, and two hoodies. When we got home, I was wiped. So as so I walked into the living room, I lied down on the couch and fell asleep.
A couple hours later I woke up and realized I was lying in my bed. I looked at my clock and saw that it was eight thirty PM. After hearing noise from downstairs I decided to check it out. I saw all five guy’s watching a football game and drinking beer, plus a couple other people.
“Kasey? What are you doing up?” Matt asked when he noticed me.
“I'm not tired anymore.” I said simply.
“I’ll be right back.” He turned to tell them. He put one hand on my shoulder and lead me back upstairs.
“You need to go to sleep. You barely got any last night, and you were out all day today.” He told me as we walked into my room.
“But I’m not tired.” I said.
“Yes you are.” He said. Part of me knew he was right but the other part was still in denial. He walked out my room, shutting the door behind him. I sighed when I heard his footsteps retreat. I lied back on my bed and decided to shut my eyes. Maybe if I just shut my eyes for a few minutes I wouldn’t be so tired. But just a few minutes.
*****
When I woke up I began to panic. I was no longer in my bed at home. I wasn’t even home anymore. I didn’t know where I was. I looked around and all I saw was empty land and a single road. I noticed I was still in my clothes from yesterday, but I wasn’t wearing any shoes. My first thought was to walk along the road and hopefully find a gas station. After an hour of walking I came to a gas station and walked inside.
“Excuse me?” I asked the man at the counter.
“Yeah?” He answered.
“Uh where are we? Where am I?” I asked nervously.
“Oak Ridge.” He said looking at me oddly.
“H-how far is that from Huntington Beach?” I asked.
“About an hour and a half. Are you ok?” he asked kindly.
“I’m not sure. I don’t know how I got here.” I said.
“Do you know your parents number?” He asked. I nodded my head and wrote it down for him.
“What’s your name sweetie?” He asked.
“Kasey Lynn Sanders.” I said. I watched as he picked up a phone and dialed the number.
“Is this Mr. Sanders?” He said into the phone. Silence.
“My name is Dave Regal. I think I have your daughter.” He said.Silence.
“Were in Oak Ridge. She just walked into my gas station a couple minutes ago. I don’t think she knows what’s going on.” He said.Silence.
“Ok, I’ll see you then.” He said and hung up the phone.
“Your dad’s on his way. Where did you come from?” He asked curious.
“From that way.” I pointed out the window and towards the left.
“Do you remember anything?” He asked me.
“No, I just woke up on the floor in the middle of nowhere. Then I decided head down the road and see if I could find a gas station. I walked for about an hour.” I said.
“Ok. Are you hungry, or thirsty? Do you need to use the restroom?” He asked politely.
“Yes, yes, and yes.” I said.
“Bathroom is in the back behind that door. I’ll get you something to eat and drink.” He said and pointed to the back. I nodded my head and walked to the bathroom. After shutting the door I looked into the mirror and realized I had a couple scrapes on my face. I did my business and washed my hands, then walked back out to the man.
“Here you go.” He said handing me some waffles, which I assumed was the frozen kind.
“Thank you.” I said taking them. He also handed me a small bottle of orange juice and I thanked him again. While we waited for my dad to come, I read magazines and he did his job. Not very many people passed through. Finally after what seemed like forever, Matt walked in the door.
“Kasey!” he shouted and I ran up to him and he pulled me into his arms.
“What the hell, Kasey!” He shouted pulling back and taking a good look at me.
“Why did you leave?” He asked me.
“I don’t know. When I woke up I was in the middle of the desert.” I cried.
“What do you mean you woke up in the middle of the desert?” He asked.
“After you left me last night I fell asleep. The next thing I know I’m in the middle of the desert.” I explained the best I could.
“Let’s just get you home.” He said. I nodded my head and walked towards the door.
“Thank you for taking care of her.” Matt told Dave.
“No problem.” He smiled. When we got to the car I saw Brian in the passenger seat. We rode the entire way home silent. Everything that happened just made me even more afraid to go to sleep at night. What if I was sleep walking? What if it happens again?
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. Sleep walking. That good. The more comments I get, the less likely Kasey is to sleepwalk into on going traffic. :)
Please comment and subscribe.