Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 12

Cameron's POV

A few weeks passed as we toured the US. We had lots of fun meeting fans and spending time with our girlfriends. So far, no sign of Todd tracking Kenz down has shown. But, anything can happen in this crazy, mixed up world. The important thing is that if something does happen, I love her and I will do anything to keep her safe. She is the one I've been looking for my whole life. This may sound like one if those lame romance novels, but it's the truth.

I felt lips against mine. I opened my eyes to see McKenzie kissing me. I kissed her back, showing that I was awake. I put my hand on her cheek.

"Good morning, beautiful," I said. "That was the best way to wake me up." She giggled.

"Oh, really?" she asked sarcastically.

"Yes. In fact, I think I'm still a little sleepy." She caught on to what I was saying, smiled, and kissed me again.

"Better?" she asked.

"Yep," I said, smiling. She layed her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead and put my arms around her. We layed there together, talking and laughing to each other. When we opened the bunk curtains, Mikey was standing there.

"Ooohhh, having fun?" he joked.

"Shut up," Kenz said while giggling, pushing him gently out of the way so she could get down. We went into the tiny kitchen in the bus and got sodas out of the mini fridge. She sat down on the couch and I sat beside her, putting my arm around her.

"Guess what, babe," I said. She looked at me with her beautiful bright blue eyes.

"What?"

"Our next tour destination is a new addition, specifically for you and the girls. Her expression changed from curious to confused. "We're going to State College, Pennsylvania." Her face lit up like a Christmas tree, and a gorgeous one at that.

"Oh my God! I ONLY LIVE 45 MINUTES FROM THERE!!!" she screamed. I laughed at her excitement.

"I know. You can see your family again before the tour ends. I know your mom wasn't exactly happy that you were coming so, hopefully, this will make her feel better. And, the other girls can visit, too." She hugged me.

"Cameron, that is so sweet," she said, kissing me. "Thank you."

McKenzie's POV

When we got to State College, I was so hyper it wasn't even funny. Everyone, even the girls, were surprised.

"You must really love your parents," Cam said.

"Yeah. But they're parents. Everyone gets annoyed with them at some point. "I'm rarely ever not annoyed with them. But I do love them. Besides, bringing me here will show them what an amazing boyfriend you are to me."

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, taking his hand. "You're proving yourself worthy of all this, babe." He laughed.

"Yeah, I guess 'all this' is pretty awesome," he said, gesturing to me. "I guess I should show them how much I love you."

"Aawwhh," I said, snuggling into his chest. Michael walked in...again.

"What are you two? Penguins?" he asked jokingly.

"Why don't you go...somewhere else," I said. Cameron laughed. Mikey shrugged and walked out.

They had their concert and I later found out that they got hotel rooms in my hometown and we were all staying there for a few days.

After getting settled in our rooms, (one girl and her boyfriend in each room) Cameron and I went to my house to see my family.

"KENZIE!!!" my little brother Leland screamed as we walked in the door.

"Hey, porckchop!" I said, hugging him. "Miss me?"

"Nah."

"What?!"

"Just kidding." I laughed.

"You little turd." I walked in the kitchen to see my parents sitting at the table. Cameron followed me.

"The tour schedule didn't say anything about Pennsylvania near this date," my mom said, hugging me.

"Mom! You creeped on the tour schedule?!"

"Well, I'd like to know where you are."

"Wow," I said, not really surprised. She looked at Cameron.

"Oh, so this is that bass player you said you were dating?" Cameron smiled and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Ryan," he said.

"He's the reason I'm here right now, Mom."

"Really?"

"Yes. He threw in a tour date in State College just so I could come visit." She smiled.

"Oh, how sweet. I like him already." Cameron blushed and smiled. I introduced him to my dad and we all got talking.

We stayed there for a while. Cameron and I decided to go in my room and watch a movie. Thankfully, my mom didn't keep a close watch on us. Wow, for once, she wasn't a complete creeper.

We layed on my bed, with my head on his chest and his arms around me, just staring at the tv.

"This movie is boring," I said, grabbing the remote and shutting it off. "Entertain me."

"How?" he asked. I looked at him with the 'I think you know' expression. He caught on and began kissing me gently. He put one hand on my cheek and the other arm around my waist. We kissed for a few minutes.

I had the shit scared out of me when I heard "EEWWHH!" but I knew exactly who it was.

"Leland! What are you doing in here?"

"I came in to say goodnight and I found you two practically eating each other!"

"Oh. Well, come here," I said. He walked over and stood at the side of the bed. I gave him a hug. "Goodnight," I said.

"'Night," he said back. "Goodnight, Cameron."

"'Night, kiddo." I looked at Cameron and smiled. I didn't expect my family to warm up to Cameron so fast. It was really cool. We stayed at my house since it was pretty late.

I fell asleep in Cameron's arms, thinking about how well the day had gone. I don't know what gave me this feeling, but I was eager to see what tomorrow would bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do yall think? comments would be lovely. donnnt be shy ;)