Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 16

McKenzie's POV

CAMERON ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!!! I was so happy, it wasn't funny at all. I don't think I've ever felt that happy in my entire life, to be honest. Oh my God, what yould the girls think when I tell them? And the guys, too! I decided to tell them later. I wanted to spend time with my new fiance. I smiled at that word. I just couldn't believe it.

"This is crazy," I said, sitting down on the bed beside him.

"What?" he said, the curiosity showing in his voice.

"Think about it. We met at one of your concerts and I was obsessed with you. And now we're getting married."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, of course not. I just didn't expect this at all. I mean, I loved you the way a fan does and who knew it would turn out to be real love." He smiled at those words.

"You know something?" he asked.

"What?"

"I think Leland saw this coming."

"What do you mean?"

"Before we went to the mall that day, Leland said something very interesting to me." I looked at him, wanting to know more. "He told me he could tell that you liked me, and that I shouldn't blow it." I smiled. Leland. That little turd. "And..." Oh no, theres more? "He said that it was wierd to see a person from your posters right there in front of him, and even wierder to know that you were dating him."

"Aawwhh. That sounds like him," I said. Cameron smiled. "Wow, he really did see it coming," I added, smiling back.

"That kid's gonna have a bright future. He's very smart for his age," Cam said.

"I know. He'll probably get all the girls, too," I said with a laugh. My smile faded shortly after.

"What's wrong?" Cam asked, a concerned look on his face.

"I know it's kinda soon and stupid to ask but, are we gonna have kids?" He smiled and leaned in. We kissed for what seemed like hours but was probably only ten minutes. I lost track of what was going on and before I knew it I was in my bra and underwear With Cameron laying on top of me.

"Does this answer your question?" he asked. I smiled and kept kissing him.

The next morning, I awoke wearing nothing but one of Cam's old t-shirts, which was long on me. I sat up, noticing a was a little sore. I felt Cam sit up beside me.

"Babe, it's a little early to be up, isn't it? Especially after what uhh...happened last night," he said, sleep still in his voice. I smiled.

"I can't sleep, though." There was a knock on the door. Who the hell knocks on the door at 6:30 in the morning? Definitely not the fricking maid. The knocks sounded again, harder and louder this time.

"Cam! Kenz! OPEN THE DOOR!" Nathan's voice shouted in worry. Cam and I looked at each other in shock. I got out of bed, threw on a pair of shorts, and ran to the door. Nathan ran in as it opened. "Oh my God, I don't know what I'm gonna do!" he said, along with mumbing something else to himself that we couldn't hear. He paced back and forth. Cam grabbed his shoulders to hold him still.

"Nathan, what's wrong?" he said into his face.

"She's gone. She's gone." He repeated it a few times to himself just above the volume of a whisper.

"Who's gone?" I asked, getting a little worried.

"Stephanie. I woke up and she was gone. I ran through the entire hotel. I can't find her anywhere and is that an engagement ring on your finger?" he said, looking at my hand.

"Yes, but let's not focus on that right now."

"Oh my God," he said, staring into space with wide eyes.

"Come on!" I said, dragging him out the door. Cam followed.

We went to get everyone else. They confirmed that they haven't seen Steph since she went in her room with Nate.

Just then, I got a call on my cell phone. It was a blocked number. I answered it to hear a voice I recognized completely. I put the phone on speaker.

"If you ever want to see your friend again, you'll do exactly as I say."

"Todd?! You took her?!" I screamed into the phone. Cameron's face turned red with anger.

"Yeah, I took her. Now, if you want her back, you have to break up with that dumbass rockstar and date me."

"Oh my God, Todd. What makes you think you can force me to date you?"

"Well, if you don't, I will kill your friend," he said with satisfaction in his voice. Just then, we heard Stephanie's scream through the phone.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Nathan shouted angrily into the phone.

"Oh, I won't. Unless McKenzie doesn't come back to me."

"Todd, you can't control me anymore!" I said, tearing up. "You hurt me, so I moved on. It's time for you to do the same."

"NO! I can't. You have until three o'clock to come and break up with Cameron right in front of me or 'Stephabee' dies!" He hung up. I was bawling by now, my face pressed into Cameron's chest. Everyone hugged Nathan and I.

"Nathan, don't worry. We'll get her back," I said when I finally stopped crying.

"So you're going to do what he said?" Nate asked.

"Hell no. We're going to make him think I'm going to do what I said. But first, let's call the cops just to be safe."
♠ ♠ ♠
whats gonna happen next??? just to let yall know, the next chapter is the LAST one. i repeat, LAST one! but i did start a new one about Mikey that ill be posting as soon as i finish the first chapter.