Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 4

McKenzie's POV

The 10 people in front of us met the guys and moved on. Cameron looked at me and recognized me immediately. Zach did the same to Miranda.

"Hey, Miranda," he said to her. She smiled.

"Hi," she said. Cameron walked up to me with a smile on his face.

"Hi," he said shyly. I smiled and played with my hair.

"Hi," I said. "I'm McKenzie."

"Nice to meet you," he said. Meanwhile, Nicole was talking to Mikey, Zach and Miranda continued talking, and Stephanie was talking to Nathan.

We all talked for a couple minutes until Zach mentioned they were going to eat at the restaurant down the street. They invited all of us to come. We said yes and quietly freaked out with each other when the guys went into the dressing room to get ready.

At the restaurant, we all sat at a round table and talked.

"So did you like the concert?" Zach asked.

"Yeah," my friends and I said in unison. Our conversation continued for an hour until we exchanged cell numbers and left. The girls and I went back to the hotel room. We decided to go down to the lobby and get some snacks at the candy counter.

When we got to the lobby, we couldn't believe what we saw. The guys were sitting on the couches talking. We walked up to them.

"Hey!" Zach said. "You guys didn't tell us you were staying in this hotel."

"We didn't know you guys were staying here," I said. "What room are you in?"

"310," he answered.

"No way! We're in room 314!" I said, surprised. "How did we not run into each other before?"

"That's a good question." We talked for a while. I noticed Michael, being the flirt that he always was, looking at Nicole. I wonder if he liked her. Should I say something to her?

When we all went upstairs and into our rooms, i sat down on the couch beside Nicole. Miranda and Stephanie when in the kitchen.

"Kenz, can I talk to you about something?" she asked.

"Sure, Nicole. What's wrong?"

"Well...," she hesitated. "I...I kinda like Mikey. But I don't know if he likes me back. We just met. I'm so confused."

"Maybe it will make you feel better if I told you that he wsa looking at you a lot when we were in the lobby."

"Really?" she asked. I nodded. "Oh my gosh! Do you think I should ask him out?"

"I'd hang out with him a little more first," I told her.

"Okay. I should probably tell you that Cameron was looking at you, too."

I looked at her with wide eyes. The thought of that scared me. He could possibly like me? Oh no. I wasn't ready for another boyfriend. Not after Todd. He never treated me like he loved me. I don't think he ever did. He cheated on me with my best friend Rachel. We don't talk anymore. Psh, I wonder why. I just couldn't trust boys anymore. My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts. It was a text from Cameron.

'Hey,' it said.

'Hey,' I typed back.

'Can I ask you something?'

'Yeah, sure."

'Do you want to have dinner with me tomorrow night?' I froze. Shit. But, I didn't want to be mean.

'Sure, sounds nice,' I typed back.

'Cool. Meet me in the lobby at six.'

'Kay.' I shut my phone and put it in my pocket. What the hell? I thought to myself. I just accepted a date invitation from a guy I barely knew, and I wasn't ready for a boyfriend. But, Cameron didn't do anything to me, and he was my favorite band member. I then decided that what I'd done was fine. I had to give him a chance. Don't get me wrong, I do like Cameron, but could I trust him? I guess I'll just have to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do yall think? comments would be lovely ;)