Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 5

Michael's POV

I really liked talking to Nicole. She laughed at all my jokes and she understood me. I could talk to her for hours. I know we just met, but I think I like her. I know I'm considered a flirt, but I was still a little scared to tell her. We barely know each other. What if she doesn't feel the same way?

Zach also told me he kinda likes Miranda. And Nathan told him that he likes Stephanie. i guess we've all come down with love.

Camerons POV

I've liked McKenzie ever since i first layed eyes on her. I knew because out of the thousands of girls in the crowd, she was the only one that caught my eye. But we just met. She wouldn't feel the same way. Would she? I felt confused. On the bright side, I was taking her to dinner tonight. I got out of bed and looked at my phone. 7 am. Ugh. I barely slept last night because I couldn't stop thinking about her. Damn, I had it bad. I grabbed my favorite shirt and jeans and changed. The guys and I went down to the boardwalk and hung out for a few hours, then decided to go back to the hotel room and watch tv. I fell asleep after one show.

I woke up to Nathan shaking me.

"Dude, get up. It's 5:55." I sat up immediately.

"Shit," I said as I went into the bathroom, ruffling my hair into the messy do I always had it in. I grabbed my phone and ran out the door to the elevator. When I got to the lobby, McKenzie was sitting on the couch. I walked over to her. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," she said, standing up. "You ready?"

"Yep," I said, smiling.

When we got to the restaurant and were seated, we told each other about ourselves. She was really nice and straight-forward, like she had nothing to hide. Although, it took every fiber of my being not to kiss her. Like I said, I really liked her. I don't know what it was, but there was just something about her that made me like her.

McKenzie's POV

I think I'm starting to like Cameron more. I know I said I wasn't ready for a boyfriend, but he was changing my mind. He was different than Todd. He was happier, and extremely polite. Todd always treated me like I was worthless, like I didn't matter.

At dinner, Cameron just pretty much cheered me up. I was always careful around guys, but I felt that I didn't have to be around Cameron. He was funny and cute. I felt like there was a connection between us, like we've known each other for years. At that moment, I knew I was falling in love with Cameron Quiseng.