Status: complete

Can't Sleep Tonight

Chapter 8

McKenzie's POV

I woke up laying on Cameron's chest. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. I felt arms wrap around me from behind.

"Good morning, beautiful," Cameron mumbled in my ear.

"'Morning."

"Sleep well?" he asked, playing with my hair.

"Yes." I turned around, kissing him on the lips. He put his arm around me, pulling me closer.

"Shit!" I said, realizing that I hadn't gone to my own room last night. I got up and grabbed my phone. I had two texts from Nicole. 'Where are you?' and 'Did Cam kidnap you or something? ;)'. I texted her back saying 'We fell asleep watching a movie.'

"Is everything okay?" Cameron asked, walking up to me and putting his hands on my hips.

"Yeah. Nicole just wanted to know where I was."

"Oh," he responded softly, pulling me towards him. He kissed me. It took me a second to notice what he was doing because I was lost in his beautiful bright green eyes. When I realized he was kissing me, I kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck. Michael walked in on us.

"Oh, get a room!" he said, covering his eyes. Cameron and I laughed.

I went over to my room to take a shower and change. The guys planned a surprise for the four of us. We met them in the lobby and left. In the car, they blindfolded us.

"Tell me again why we need blindfolds," Miranda said.

"So we don't ruin the surprise," Zach said, taking her hand.

When we got to wherever we were going, they took us inside. We walked carefully, trying not to trip over anything.

"Okay, take off your blindfolds," Nathan said. We removed our blindfolds, seeing that we were in a little room with a table, a mini stage, and two guitars.

"Aawwhh, what's this?" Nicole asked.

"We're going to have our own little show for you guys," Michael answered.

"Aawwhh," Stephanie said. We sat down at the table. The guys went up on the mini stage. Cameron and Nathan grabbed the guitars while Mikey and Zach sat on the stools. They sang 'Come Down With Love' and 'Mr. Wonderful'. Then, they covered a few songs. Afterwards, they got down off the stage, each taking their girlfriend's hand and pulling them back up onto the stage.

"Your turn!" Cameron said to me.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes. You guys have to sing something for us now."

Dammit. I mean, I loved singing but I didn't think I was all that good at it. Stephanie took one of the guitars. She played a little from lessons back in high school. We only used one since she was the only one who knew how to play. Nicole and Miranda gave me the hard part of singing lead and they sang backup. We covered 'Naturally' by Selena Gomez.

When we finished the song, the guys were dumbfounded. They just sat there, jaws on the floor, staring.

"Wow," Zach said.

"I know," Nathan said.

"That was amazing," Cameron said. "You didn't tell us you had musical experience."

"We were good?" Miranda asked.

"You were amazing, babe," Zach said.

"Yeah," Cameron and Nathan agreed. Mikey was still speechless.

"Hello? Earth to Michael!" Nicole said, waving her hand in his face. He looked at her and smiled.

"Wow," He said finally. We all laughed.

They took us to dinner and then back to the hotel. We really enjoyed our little surprise. The other guys and their girlfriends went down to the candy counter while Cameron and I went to his room and talked.

"I'm going to miss you when we leave," I said to him.

"I know, I'll miss you, too," he said, putting his arm around me. I began to tear up. I had finally met the most amazing guy ever, one that treated me right, and we had to leave each other in four days. Cameron saw my tears and hugged me. I began sobbing into his shoulder.

"I love you," I said in between sobs.

"I love you, too."